• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not that hard to quantify. He's the third best earner with £180k, just behind Auba with £200k and obviously Özil.

There's quite a drop-off to Luiz at £120k as fourth best earner (and quite a few players at £100k).

Nearly £10m a year, excluding bonuses, for someone riding the bench seems irresponsible to me. Nketiah provides good back-up to whoever is our first striker imo and he's probably at 1/8th of the wages. Few teams have two top quality strikers. In my opinion, the big problem is that we don't really have a first choice striker if Auba is considered a LW by Arteta.

Lacazette not good enough as a starting option and too expensive as a bench option.

By all accounts it seems our financial situation is quite challenging.
any good team needs at least 2 top strikers.

SAF used to have 4 (and he didn't play 2 ST) when he won a lot of trophies.

You might arugue that Laca isn't top-tier but he is good enough, and if 200K per week makes him satisfied on the bench, so be it.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Sorry for being pedantic but it has widely been reported Luiz took a significant pay cut to get his new deal.
Didn't know that. Bellerin at £110k then.

Point stands. Not many teams have two top strikers, especially not with both at prime ages and wages. But I think we're not going to agree on this one @krackpot which is fine

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Didn't know that. Bellerin at £110k then.

Point stands. Not many teams have two top strikers, especially not with both at prime ages and wages. But I think we're not going to agree on this one @krackpot which is fine

United have Martial and Rashford.
City have Aguero and Jesus

Nowadays it isnt a classic number 9. There are a lot more wide forward and plenty of teams have more than one goal threat.

Neither Salah, Mane nor Firmino are strikers. They are attacking forwards and theres tonnes of them about. 2 or 3 most teams.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I turned against him and I was his biggest fan here since he signed for us. You can't have off season at this level. You can have a bad patch and then get back to your full potential, but he wasted a whole year here, and on top of that, he does cost a lot.
Even with his late decent performances, this season was awful from him and it will be a struggle to convince fans and the manager to play him next season.
If he can keep playing for the next 2 years like he did recently or last season, I would keep him but without a new contract.

Thanks for taking the time to explain matey. I get what your saying, for some reason I’m inclined to give him a chance - agree he’s 100% used up all his goodwill this season. There was some bad press about his personal life last summer, I’ve always had a suspicion he may have been playing under a cloud this season (his missus does not have the appearance of a forgiving person :lol:)

Overall it's been a disappointing season performance wise from Lacazette after how good Lacazette was last season. Glad to see Lacca looking sharp the past few games amd showing the level of peformances he produced last season.
I am sorry but am wary he could be playing for a contract. Him scoring goals and putting up performances is what I want to see. That's how you convince Atletico to do a straight-up swap, so do your ting Lacabludclatzette

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Lol if it is reported on the internet then it must be true.

I guess you can be very selective when to believe the internet...

I would like too see player on close to 200k per week be more serious on the field and off the field!

So we can't use those sources unless it suits your argument then you don't hesitate to use it yourself.

We can never be 100% sure what a player earns unless we see their pay slips. In that case I think it is fair to use widely reported figures provided we do it for all players.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Luiz pay cut was reported in a large number of places via newspapers/tv/radio , I think the daily Telegraph broke the news. Why would it be in doubt?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It shouldn't be tbh, just poor/low effort post.

Although, we were largely led to believe we signed Luiz for 2 years which turned out to be incorrect so yeah - media lying is definitely a thing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Two goals and an assist in his last two games is great but he's inconsistent and declining physically. I'd still rill sell.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
And yet he still won't say "I want him to stay" like he did whenever asked about Auba or Saka. Good man management from Teta, reminiscent of Wenger. Praise the player so you don't lose him mentally while keeping the market open for the summer.

"Laca...top player, one of the best I have worked with."

Soon as a decent offer comes in for Alex though, Mikel be like...

raw

And yet he still won't say "I want him to stay" like he did whenever asked about Auba or Saka. Good man management from Teta, reminiscent of Wenger. Praise the player so you don't lose him mentally while keeping the market open for the summer.

Yeah for a man who has been for so short the manager, Arteta knows exactly what he is doing. It may annoy us the fans when he spends countless time big up players like Laca, Luiz, Xhaka, and Mustafi who don't always deserve it. But as a new manager, you want to keep those seniors on your good side otherwise they can turn on you very quickly! Another benefit is that it can only bring extra confidence to the players and probably keep their value!

Arteta could very well squeeze something out of Laca next season although I have difficulties seeing it my self. But I think Arteta also knows that this might maybe be the last opportunity to get a good value for him in the market.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Would like to see him go this summer, but honestly can’t think of, in a post-COVID market, a club 1) willing/able to shell out ~30mm and 2) that he’d start for. Maybe Newcastle if the takeover happens?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I believe Arteta I don’t think he’s exactly eager to get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom