• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Another decent performance. Perhaps he was just just going through some personal, physical or motivational issue that is now resolved?

Wild speculation as always!
I thought this when there was a period where he legitimately looked slower than Xhaka.

He's never been rapid but he's always been quick enough to get in behind and stay ahead of most defenders. That completely abandoned him this season for some reason and he's too young for a physical decline.

10 league goals... FFS. Now ask if its 2015/2016 and Laca is white, tall, and handsome named Giroud. Would you want to replace find new striker?

Or could it be, that Laca bum is more important than his performances this season?

Pop Tart

Established Member
10 league goals... FFS. Now ask if its 2015/2016 and Laca is white, tall, and handsome named Giroud. Would you want to replace find new striker?

Or could it be, that Laca bum is more important than his performances this season?
What has color of skin got to do with anything. Stop race baiting.

Pop Tart

Established Member
It has actually nothing to do but describing our handsome white Giroud.

Would you replace 10 league goal striker for someone better for next season?
As much as laca works hard and digs in when not scoring he is not good enough. If we want to get back to our glory days we need to not accept mediocre . If he was a 3rd choice striker I would not mind.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Did well last few games, but another 1/10 performance shows we need to get rid. Clown is probably laughing tomorrow at training with Auba as if nothing happened and we aren't in ****ing 10th place :lol:

If you hurry up the Mcdrive is still open for you Alexandre.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Remember guys he's not bad he's just having a poor season. He'll come back stronger next (!)
#$wag #driplord #TwerkMaster #ourfrenchnumber9

He's just bad man. I can't believe how some of you got suckered by him all cos he turned up for 3 games. Is that all it takes for you people to forget? Do you know how poor you have to be to make Tyrone Mings look like a peak Van Dijk? I can only hope he doesn't embarrass himself like he did at Baku but that's me probably asking for too much. Here's hoping some dumb club takes him off our hands in the summer.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Not surprised he was poor tonight. he looked knackered from the first whistle. If Nelson was fit, he would have started on the bench

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Acknowledged his lack of goals at Arsenal in this interview:
On if this is the hardest season of his career at Arsenal:

At Arsenal, yes. The injury hung around longer than I thought (to his ankle) and it affected me. Afterwards, I had this period without scoring, so certainly it wasn’t easy for me, but I still learned a lot this season, because mentally it was not easy. The difficulties this season are going to serve me well in the future.

On if he started to doubt himself, no longer being a guaranteed starter:

Certainly, it is not nice to be on the bench. At the same time, in my life I have had moments that were a lot more complicated and I did not doubt myself. It wasn’t really doubt, it was more unhappiness, like every player who is on the bench and wants to play.

On rivalry for places with Eddie Nketiah:

Between me and him, things are very good, there are no problems. We support each other. We know that everyone wants to play and it is the coach who makes the decisions, but between me and him (Nketiah) there are no problems.

On what has changed under Mikel Arteta compared with Unai Emery:

It is a completely different way to manage a squad, a team, a different tactical vision as well, it is hard to cite all the changes, there are so many… What the coach asks of me is different. They have completely different visions the pair of them.

On his relationship with Mikel Arteta & if he speaks to him in French:

He alternates, he can talk to me in French or sometimes in English. Both. (N.B. Lacazette did not give an answer on his relationship with the Spaniard)

On his relationship with Nicolas Pépé & Pierre Emerick Aubameyang:

Very, very good. We laugh a lot, we also work a lot in front of goal together. At the beginning Nico did not speak very good English (so all speaking French helps), so we always had to be fairly close by in order to do the translations.

On if Aubameyang is the best player he has every played alongside at club level:

I have already been asked this question, I don’t know who it is, but he is definitely up there for sure… If you throw in the national team, then (Karim) Benzema is the best player that I have ever trained with.

On Arsenal’s young boys (Martinelli, Saka, Willock):

They are very good youngsters, humble and working everyday. I think they are the future of the club because we know that these days clubs need their youngsters. They are working, improving – Saka and Martinelli have had very good first seasons. And Joe Willock and Reiss (Nelson) help us with the small playing time that they have, which makes it not always that easy for them.

On if he likes to lend his experience to young players:

Yes, I like to speak with the young guys. Even at Lyon, I really always got on well with them. If it is a youngster or someone more experienced, I will always tell them what I think can help them in a match, they will also talk to me. That is the relationship of trust that we have in the team, to try to help each other.

What is the major difference between the Lacazette at Arsenal and the Lacazette at Lyon:

Well already he scores less goals than he did at Lyon! But, he has improved on the mental and physical aspects of the game, in working as a team as well maybe. It is another role that I am being asked to fulfil at Arsenal than what was asked of me at Lyon.

On what Arsenal needed to make it to the top 4 this season:

We lacked rigour at key moments in the season. We lacked on confidence as a team, because each time we were lacking, whether it was a player at the back or a player up top, who affected the team to the slightest extent.

Vibra

Established Member
Imagine pushing a prime RVP to the wing to make space for Bendtner. Oh wait you don't have to imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom