• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think maybe David McGoldrick might be an apt comparison for Lacazette. Runs around, holds the ball up, same haircut, rarely scores and when he does he celebrates like he's won the world cup. I think that's a better comparison.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Get Auba to re-sign and leave Laca in place this year. Whatever your opinion about him, we have far bigger fish to fry in other positions.

If we have yet another window spending on the forward line and filling the midfield and defence with loanees and dross we're ****ed again.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Get Auba to re-sign and leave Laca in place this year. Whatever your opinion about him, we have far bigger fish to fry in other positions.

If we have yet another window spending on the forward line and filling the midfield and defence with loanees and dross we're ****ed again.
This guy gets it

Im sure hes not even a Lacazette fan either - see guys? It is possible to be reasonable.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

No but people comparing Lacazette to Firmino and Benzema is incredibly disingenuous it's criminal.
You can cry, but the only comparison made to Benzema was their critisms for not being obvious goal scorers is very similar. Nobody in their right mind would try say they are levels only a bit of comprehension was required.

Firmino and Lacazette serve a similar function theres nothing criminal about saying this because its true. They press, close down, hold the ball up - to varying levels of success. One is obviously in a much much better team and system - but admittedly Firmino probably is the better, fitter player.

Saying Lacazette and Firmino is in the same tier of striker is also not insane. Its clear neither are World Class and they have very similar stats and output (Firmino home scoring stats are absolutely laughable for eg).

You guys need to not let hate and frustration cloud judgement - leads to better discussion.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Dont know the stats but I’m pretty sure Giroud didnt have a much better goal/game ratio than Lacazette. And Giroud had some great creators around him..

The sad story of last few transfers windows is that we are probably forced to focus on the attack in the next window. Laca has been such a terrible none success story for us. We scored lowest goal tally since 95 this season and that has to be fixed. I always said that our attack has looked unbalanced and bad. Even worse after we added Pepe there.

We don't have much money but if we can sell Laca now and get someone better instead of him we have to jump at the change. It is becoming close to the last time where we can get something valuable for him, that is if some club is even more stupid than us to pay for him. Lets jump at the change and get something fresh and new in the attack!

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You can cry, but the only comparison made to Benzema was their critisms for not being obvious goal scorers is very similar. Nobody in their right mind would try say they are levels only a bit of comprehension was required.

Firmino and Lacazette serve a similar function theres nothing criminal about saying this because its true. They press, close down, hold the ball up - to varying levels of success. One is obviously in a much much better team and system - but admittedly Firmino probably is the better, fitter player.

Saying Lacazette and Firmino is in the same tier of striker is also not insane. Its clear neither are World Class and they have very similar stats and output (Firmino home scoring stats are absolutely laughable for eg).

You guys need to not let hate and frustration cloud judgement - leads to better discussion.
Firmino is much more silky and skillful......he controls the ball in tight space like its sticked to his feet, dribbling past players for fun.

He is a lot better on the ball. Firmino is also much better in teamwork, involve in general play a lot more to help the team in the build up.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Firmino is much more silky, skillful...dribble past players. He is a lot better on the ball. Firmino is also much better in teamwork, involve in general play a lot more to help the team in the build up.
Great, but that doesn’t disprove anything I’ve said above.

Let’s not pretend you guys would be happy with Firmino’s returns if players were switched. Maybe if he looks better doing it, maybe you guys would be happy with that actually I dunno.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Great, but that doesn’t disprove anything I’ve said above.

Let’s not pretend you guys would be happy with Firmino’s returns if players were switched. Maybe cause he’s on the ball more, maybe you guys would be happy with that actually I dunno.
They are obviously not in the same tier.
You have mentioned that they are both not world class. I would say firmino is close and lacazette is nowhere near. If you only classify strikers into two tier: ”world class” and ”non-world class”, then yes, they maybe are in the same tier.

Output don't mean a thing, Firmino improves his team a lot by always involving in general play. A lot of his passes are pin point through pass that cut through the opponent defence.

Lacazette ”support play” is just playing one or two simple passes to feet, and he does not heavily involved in the general play.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I personally don't think Lacazette and Firmino are leagues apart myself - there are several tiers and to me they are in same ball park. Lacazette is not this horrible player that people want him to be, he has a few things going for him.

Ones in a great team and a system - one is in one of the worst Arsenal sides we have seen in decades. I don't think this gets taken into account enough.

Firmino is one of the players in that Liverpool team where if he was to be replaced, the whole thing wouldn't collapse if we are honest with ourselves. Giroud could probably slot in there and hes donkey tier.

Agree to disagree though.

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Firmino is one of the players in that Liverpool team where if he was to be replaced, the whole thing wouldn't collapse if we are honest with ourselves.

Firmino is an integral part of what Liverpool are doing. His presence enables Mané and Salah to excel, and his pressing makes their defense more potent.

The only player on Liverpool who would make the team collapse if he went away is Van Dijk, if we start discrediting players' importance by that criteria than you'd have to conclude that the only important player on that team is Van Dijk, which would be ridiculous.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We scored lowest goal tally since 95 this season and that has to be fixed.
Partly Laca, partly losing Wenger's attacking tactics. Our defence though is so bad if we don't fix it, we're heading on a one way train to oblivion. We can sell Laca next year in his penultimate season.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Firmino is an integral part of what Liverpool are doing. His presence enables Mané and Salah to excel, and his pressing makes their defense more potent.
You say that but I honestly believe Giroud could go there and do his stupid flicks and Mane and Salah would probably make the most of it.

So, yeah hes integral but could Firmino lift modern Arsenal alone? course not he would probably be looking like Lacazette right now and you guys would be clowning his home record probably.

Partly Laca, partly losing Wenger's attacking tactics. Our defence though is so bad if we don't fix it, we're heading on a one way train to oblivion. We can sell Laca next year in his penultimate season.

I get you. Im threw four laptops into the wall in anger when we signed Pepe instead of defender and I dont mind us starting on fixing the defense.

Im just pointing out because Laca has dragged our attack to mid table quality we need to fix all 3 parts of our team. Defense. Mid. Attack. It will probably take 3 windows and what should matter is the quality. Is quality attacker available get him. Is quality defender available? Get him. If not. Then wait for the right opportunity. Enough wasting money on bums.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I am of the belief that if Firmino was here, he would be looking bad too.
He’s clearly good but I don’t know about WC but that’s just my opinion @krengon

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbf we might need to bolster our attack and midfield, we only scored 56 goals this year. That’s 27 less than last year.

Also we improved our goals conceded from last year.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

I think Lacazette is so useless, I would not even replace him when he goes. Sell him now while he still has some value, he's on stupidly high wages for what he contributes. We are already giving Özil a lot of money, then Auba wants to resign, then there's the new signings. Its time for Arsenal to be ruthless, Lacazette has had 3 seasons to live up to his price tag and he hasn't, its time to say goodbye.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I am of the belief that if Firmino was here, he would be looking bad too.
He’s clearly good but I don’t know about WC but that’s just my opinion @krengon

The differenece in skill level and decision making between Firmino and someone like Giroud is really really big, he could not offer anything close to what Firmino can. He would have definitely improved us as a team if he was here imo..

Obviously these quotes doesn't really prove anything, but it shows how highly regarded he is by Klopp and his teammates.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Giroud comparison was me just taking the p*ss tbh. I don’t think Firmino is irreplaceable myself and coaches say all sorts but I am not trying to change any bodies mind today.

My main argument is Lacazette isn’t sh*t, I honestly do not care about Firmino, he’s got CL and Prem trophies he shouldn’t be mentioned anywhere near our players (I certainly didn’t bring him up.) I think he is in the tier below WC, I believe Laca is or has been too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom