• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Unless an unreal offer comes in, we should do everything we can to keep him and Auba for next season. The frontline is fine. We need to save what little powder we have for our midfield and defence instead.

He doesn’t score enough, but Auba has the goals covered, and Laca does so much else right up front. It’s clear Arteta loves him, and for good reason. He’s a great CF.
Spot on.

I don’t get why everybody doesn’t see this. Just about got double digits in the league he defo needs to score just a bit more for sure.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Improving his build up game is enough.
Make himself better at controlling at tight space. Improve dribbling to dribble past players for fun. Improve short passing to learn those iniesta through pass. Drop deeper to combine with the midfield.

To create more overload/possession/chances as a team. So that our team is getting into goal scoring area more often. And our team will score lots more goals.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Unless an unreal offer comes in, we should do everything we can to keep him and Auba for next season. The frontline is fine. We need to save what little powder we have for our midfield and defence instead.

He doesn’t score enough, but Auba has the goals covered, and Laca does so much else right up front. It’s clear Arteta loves him, and for good reason. He’s a great CF.
True that.
The way we play Laca, it is natural that he doesn't have the numbers like Auba. If Pepe could add more goals from the other side, our front line would be perfect.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Worked his socks off today (as usual). He really puts in a shift. I really thought he would bag a couple today but with a win in a FA Cup final I will not complain. Well done Laca!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
The way we play Laca, it is natural that he doesn't have the numbers like Auba. If Pepe could add more goals from the other side, our front line would be perfect.
Laca carries the piano for Auba to get the space in the box and play his tunes.
If we'd have a faster playmaker who can dribble and set up players, Laca would be more in the opposition's half doing what he's supposed to do.
Right now his work goes unnoticed because he's mostly playing like a box to box midfielder that likes to go forward.

It would be nice to finally get someone behind him to provide the chances needed to score, because he's been quite mismanaged since he arrived.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Done the bare minimum but that's what you expect, we shouldn't give him a new contract but he should stick around until we fix our defence and midfield. Still did a good enough job today!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I still think Laca is a player that we can sell for fairly decent price, or swap. Yes he's been better recently but so many players we are stuck with either due to high wages, poor quality, or both. Laca is sellable, desirable and affordable. If it got us Partey and left us with money for a CB and AM I'd be happy.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Torn on this one. If we want to get back into top 4, our points output has to be much much better. I don’t know if we can fix all our defensive problems in one season. Which then means it can’t be Auba and nobody else. We need our other forwards to score reasonably frequently to turn some of those draws into wins.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Laca is sellable, desirable and affordable. If it got us Partey and left us with money for a CB and AM I'd be happy.
That would mean Eddie takes his place and plays if Auba gets injured.
i4euuypcx8ue.gif

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
i4euuypcx8ue.gif
That’s the scary thought. Neither Laca nor Eddie are likely to score regularly. I suspect Martinelli would probably pop in among the goals more often. Having said all that, I’m sure Arteta is aware of this and will be thinking about how to increase Laca’s output. Alternatively Pepe will become that consistent goal threat we need him to be.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
That’s the scary thought. Neither Laca nor Eddie are likely to score regularly.
Laca would score regularly if we'd actually play him right. You don't go from POTY to dross in one season.
It has to do with the personnel that we went with in the season, which has been abysmal. Selling Rambo and loaning Micki were unforgettable mistakes that the management made.
A tireless box to box midfielder and an offensive one would free Laca of his defensive duties and he'd be more in the box. It's that simple.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
i4euuypcx8ue.gif

Well currently Nketiah takes Laca's place when Laca is injured or out of form anyway. I know Martinelli will be a while but as I said, Laca is the only player we can afford to lose who we can get money, and is sellable.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Well currently Nketiah takes Laca's place when Laca is injured or out of form anyway. I know Martinelli will be a while but as I said, Laca is the only player we can afford to lose who we can get money, and is sellable.
You should probably rethink that. Both of those guys are inexperienced and would never put in a shift like Laca.
We really can't afford to lose our main attacking players. We have to reinforce the defense and midfield and everything will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom