• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You should probably rethink that. Both of those guys are inexperienced and would never put in a shift like Laca.
We really can't afford to lose our main attacking players. We have to reinforce the defense and midfield and everything will be fine.

If we can afford to get what we need then I'm happy to keep Laca, I was talking about needing to sell players to get what we want/need. I guess Willian on a free will help in attack, that leaves us Partey and a CB to buy, plus keep Ceballos and Auba.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He eorked hard but he is so pedestrian that the Chelsea defenders barely broke sweat to be honest. His hold up pmay and lay offs were decent but my main issue with him was highlighted in the 56th minute when Pepe did excellent work on the wing to drive us up the pitch. Laca on the edge of the D didn't have the pace or quickness of feet to drive the defenders back and get a shot off. The ball to Auba as a result was ok enough for a blocked shot, but I expect our now longest serving forward to do more and better. 62nd minute, Martinez pumped the ball long to beat the press and Laca is waving his arms about because he cant contest that type of ball. We keep him if he's useful in a system but we shouldn't be afraid to move him on snd upgrade. He worked hard, we won, I'm happy.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I was talking about needing to sell players to get what we want/need.
There are countless players we should sell before Laca. One of our main purposes should be finding a way to get rid of or reintegrate Özil, who's eating a huge chunk of our budget and provides nothing.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Our biggest issue is in central defence and centre midfield.

Then we require a creative attacking midfielder who can operate in the centre as well as wings.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Sell.

Improve our midield play by packing it.

Then, Martinelli to come back in Jabuary to assume the mantle.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
There are countless players we should sell before Laca. One of our main purposes should be finding a way to get rid of or reintegrate Özil, who's eating a huge chunk of our budget and provides nothing.
We can get rid of Özil anytime. Problem is, we will just cover his wages 100%. Im sure we are hoping for some team to take him off our hands and pay portion of salary....hopefully a London team so Özil says yes.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

You think we can sell Özil? This is my point, we have players that are virtually unsellable unless we continue to pay a huge chunck of the wages. Laca is sellable and affordable. As I said, if we can get a top CB + Partey or similar + AM and still keep Laca then fine but I feel we will have to sell players. Holding we can sell and he's on low wages. AMN? I'm thinking keep him anyway. Kola? High wages. Mustafi? injured. Sokratis? maybe, we really are short of players we can sell.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Laca would score regularly if we'd actually play him right. You don't go from POTY to dross in one season.
It has to do with the personnel that we went with in the season, which has been abysmal. Selling Rambo and loaning Micki were unforgettable mistakes that the management made.
A tireless box to box midfielder and an offensive one would free Laca of his defensive duties and he'd be more in the box. It's that simple.
I get your point about the midfield. but... Laca scored 13 goals in the Prem last year and 14 the year before.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/team/stats/_/id/359/league/ENG.1/season/2018
https://www.espn.com/soccer/team/stats/_/id/359/league/ENG.1/season/2017

In terms of formation, it’s clear that Arteta is going to build to take advantage of what Auba brings to the table, more so than Laca.
It’s not all on Laca, but if we don’t get other people regularly among the goals, we will struggle to get top 4. The margins are slimmer now.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I get your point about the midfield. but... Laca scored 13 goals in the Prem last year and 14 the year before.
We had shoddy midfielders since we brought him. I highlighted this a few pages ago. At Lyon he had Fekir, Aouar, Valbuena and Depay providing for him.
When he arrived, Alexis was in that contract situation and left in the winter. Aside from Özil, there wasn't anyone either behind him or on the wings to provide chances. Walcott and Iwobi are no Depay and Valbuena.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
You think we can sell Özil? This is my point, we have players that are virtually unsellable unless we continue to pay a huge chunck of the wages. Laca is sellable and affordable. As I said, if we can get a top CB + Partey or similar + AM and still keep Laca then fine but I feel we will have to sell players. Holding we can sell and he's on low wages. AMN? I'm thinking keep him anyway. Kola? High wages. Mustafi? injured. Sokratis? maybe, we really are short of players we can sell.
I'm not sure what can be done with him at the moment. He obviously doesn't want to leave because he's sitting on a gold mine, so the best possible option is to get him involved somehow and produce something.

As for selling players, Holding, Kola, Sokratis, Guendouzi, Torreira, Nelson, Eddie and Willock can all go as far as I'm concerned.
Kola, Guendouzi and Torreira might get us 40+ mil collectively and you can raise some extra change on the others that can be spent on more worthwhile players.

Edit: Almost forgot Micki is at Roma, so that's an extra 10-12 mil right there.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We had shoddy midfielders since we brought him. I highlighted this a few pages ago. At Lyon he had Fekir, Aouar, Valbuena and Depay providing for him.
When he arrived, Alexis was in that contract situation and left in the winter. Aside from Özil, there wasn't anyone either behind him or on the wings to provide chances. Walcott and Iwobi are no Depay and Valbuena.
True, but much as we hope to get there next year, it’s going to take a while. I hope as much as the next person, that Arteta can get things functioning to a super high level very soon, but the reality is we’re going to have to retool and invest, and bring some more youth into the fray, so I don’t suddenly seeing Laca being flush with chances with what we have. We’re not getting Havertz, Bruno Fernandes and Ziyech type players very soon, I don’t think.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Don’t let this man fool you. I pray we don’t do anything stupid like hand out an extension. He’s on the decline, this summer is the perfect time to sell him. 2 years left on his contract, Eddie and Gabby breathing down his neck, new contracts for big players this summer and Aubameyang has now fully declared himself as the main man of Arsenal. At the very least, keep him until the January window and sell when Gabby is fit. Lacazette is not needed. It’s back to business for me. FA Cups are nice but he’s not the prolific enough to carry us for 38 games

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He joined us at the worst time really, just as our whole team really entered into some serious disarray in 2017/2018, after being close to joining Atletico mind...Caz out, Sanchez and Özil about to decline, defence at it's worst, team was all over the place...played through an injury that season, which ended up injuring him for longer...then Auba was signed 6 months later, a weaker man would have packed it in then...he bounced back brilliantly next season, deservedly won our player of the year...then it looked to be over for him this season.

Whatever is was this season, whether just a natural decline, playing injured again affecting him, the fans kind of moving on from him...but I thought he was done, he looked so poor...but he stepped up yesterday (like everyone did tbf) ran himself into the ground for my team, I will always respect that...if that's his last game, then I tip my hat to Laca...he will be leaving the right way.

Started with a trophy...

sp07-footy-arsenal.jpg

Is it ending with one?

0_JS216270918.jpg

...Merci, Alex...whatever happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom