• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I'm going to go on a rant here but Lacazette is do-do:
Giving Lacazette POTS was one of the weirdest/dumbest decisions Arsenal fans have ever done. I'm telling you he really isn't that good, he's barely outscored Giroud, in 70 games Laca has 28 and Giroud had 27 but a difference of over £40 million. The big game record is a myth to. Laca has 6 goals in 24 against the top 6. Basically, 1 in 4 and he only has 2 away goals against them. One of them was a consolation goal and the other could be argued to be a deflection. Laca has 3 away goals in 4 seasons of PL football. FFS. Tammy Abraham has done better and Pulisic equalled him in one game.
Lacazette is just rated cos he wasn't as bad as Lukaku and Morata. The truth is they were all equally bad signings but like always we don't like to wipe after a sh#t till it lingers. Funny thing is Inter and Juve were both looking a striker in the summer and both went for Lukaku, Athletico Madrid went for Moratta. Who was Lacazette linked with?

Lacazette is lucky he has Auba to hold his hand otherwise there would be a lot more questions at him. He doesn't score enough goals so fans think he's our answer to Firmino. No doubt in my mind Klopp would rather play Origi than Lacazette.

Lacazette needs to humble himself, he's been here for 4 years and barely done anything to get us into the top 4. Man should be on his knees begging for a contract extension, not the other way round.
Auba just as bad as you make Laca out to be. Neither are “elite”. Both are lucky to be here.
not bothered about either of them wanting to leave should that happen.
Think Martinelli looks like a much more complete player.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'm going to go on a rant here but Lacazette is do-do:
Giving Lacazette POTS was one of the weirdest/dumbest decisions Arsenal fans have ever done. I'm telling you he really isn't that good, he's barely outscored Giroud, in 70 games Laca has 28 and Giroud had 27 but a difference of over £40 million. The big game record is a myth to. Laca has 6 goals in 24 against the top 6. Basically, 1 in 4 and he only has 2 away goals against them. One of them was a consolation goal and the other could be argued to be a deflection. Laca has 3 away goals in 4 seasons of PL football. FFS. Tammy Abraham has done better and Pulisic equalled him in one game.
Lacazette is just rated cos he wasn't as bad as Lukaku and Morata. The truth is they were all equally bad signings but like always we don't like to wipe after a sh#t till it lingers. Funny thing is Inter and Juve were both looking a striker in the summer and both went for Lukaku, Athletico Madrid went for Moratta. Who was Lacazette linked with?

Lacazette is lucky he has Auba to hold his hand otherwise there would be a lot more questions at him. He doesn't score enough goals so fans think he's our answer to Firmino. No doubt in my mind Klopp would rather play Origi than Lacazette.

Lacazette needs to humble himself, he's been here for 4 years and barely done anything to get us into the top 4. Man should be on his knees begging for a contract extension, not the other way round.
And no mention of our setup that is completely incompetent to create any chances for our strikers or playing passive football in our own half for the last 3-4 years. He will never please people who look at empty stats on the internet and think they are fit enough to judge a player based on that. Laca is not perfect, but there can be no meaningful discussion with someone who doesn't understand the role of a player and what he brings to the team in a situation we are in for the last couple of years.
Once we sort our wide and midfield positions and setup, only then we can talk about the lack of goals from him, but he would probably score more goals in that situation.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Auba just as bad as you make Laca out to be. Neither are “elite”. Both are lucky to be here.
Auba only looks bad when you ask him to contribute to our build up, which he is incompetent to do, same as asking Laca to add 30 goals per season. If you play them the way they like, then you wouldn't see their flaws that often and they would be considered as "elite". Martinelli so far played in a much relaxed environment where everyone is pressing and we play more attacking style of football. So far he wasn't tested at all in a Emerys PL defensive setup with 3 at the back or 3 static midfielders were both Auba and Laca struggled

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Lacas big problem to me re goals is that he doesn't get a lot of shots per 90. Been saying it since he arrived and even before that. His movement doesn't facilitate his exceptional shooting ability, nor is he particularly fast or strong in the air to make up for that. He's a good technician and that will always stand him in good stead but at the moment, he's very Podolski-esque. Amazing strike, inconsistent set-up for it.

Maybe with a more functioning attack, we'll see it. I still like him, and he's a player who will always be dangerous when in front of goal - just doesn't have Auba's ability to sniff out shooting ops.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Lacas big problem to me re goals is that he doesn't get a lot of shots per 90. Been saying it since he arrived and even before that. His movement doesn't facilitate his exceptional shooting ability, nor is he particularly fast or strong in the air to make up for that. He's a good technician and that will always stand him in good stead but at the moment, he's very Podolski-esque. Amazing strike, inconsistent set-up for it.

Maybe with a more functioning attack, we'll see it. I still like him, and he's a player who will always be dangerous when in front of goal - just doesn't have Auba's ability to sniff out shooting ops.
Well said. Has his uses but in a flawed system he sticks out a bit because he finds it very difficult to make things happen for himself.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Where do we find these people? nobody’s scored more goals than Auba in the league since he arrived. Only reason we aren't languishing mid table.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

He often struggles with his balance under pressure, so unlike an Aguero, it’s a lot easier for defenders to knock him off his stride.

Without searing acceleration, trickery or material strength, it leaves him scavenging for things like rebounds and loose bits of possession.

He’s very good at it actually, they’re just hard to come by.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Where do we find these people? nobody’s scored more goals than Auba in the league since he arrived. Only reason we aren't languishing mid table.
He’s nowhere near as good as most of you make out. I stand by it, both are lucky to be here.
Yes auba is a goalscorer but the amount of chances he misses is not elite level.

How many goals has he scored with his head? Zero.

Whats his build up play like? Ok.

How many times has he scored against the “top 6”?

Hes not elite. He’s a good striker, as is Laca. No more than that though. Winds me up when Arsenal fans attribute what little success we have had in the last 2 years to Aubameyang’s holy grail of goals.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He’s nowhere near as good as most of you make out. I stand by it, both are lucky to be here.
Yes auba is a goalscorer but the amount of chances he misses is not elite level.

How many goals has he scored with his head? Zero.

Whats his build up play like? Ok.

How many times has he scored against the “top 6”?

Hes not elite. He’s a good striker, as is Laca. No more than that though. Winds me up when Arsenal fans attribute what little success we have had in the last 2 years to Aubameyang’s holy grail of goals.

Love Auba and Laca but they are, I wouldn’t say limited, but have significant flaws that mean neither are elite imo...would even say a motivated Adebayor offers more than either.

Last edited:
Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
Love Auba and Laca but they are, I wouldn’t say limited, but significant flaws that mean neither are elite imo...would even say a motivated Adebayor offers more than either.
Exactly. Adebayor was Huge for us, people forget due to him being a massive eejit. Big game player, had a bit of everything. Again, another that didnt make it to elite level due to flaws in his game. RVP was the last elite striker we’ve had.
I like both of Laca and Auba but seriously, if we’re not scoring goals its somehow the midfields fault or Emery’s fault, Mustafi’s fault. Anyone but Auba! Laca takes a fair amount of stick which i don’t always get/agree with. Yet Auba is untouchable.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Exactly. Adebayor was Huge for us, people forget due to him being a massive eejit. Big game player, had a bit of everything. Again, another that didnt make it to elite level due to flaws in his game. RVP was the last elite striker we’ve had.
I like both of Laca and Auba but seriously, if we’re not scoring goals its somehow the midfields fault or Emery’s fault, Mustafi’s fault. Anyone but Auba! Laca takes a fair amount of stick which i don’t always get/agree with. Yet Auba is untouchable.

He was the top scorer in the league last seasn playing mostly from the wing. He was player of the Month for September in the league. He's one of the top scoerers so far this season. Are you trolling?

roz

Fake News Merchant
He was the top scorer in the league last seasn playing mostly from the wing. He was player of the Month for September in the league. He's one of the top scoerers so far this season. Are you trolling?
No im not. Just think that at times he deserves criticism like the rest of the team get (relentlessly). As mentioned earlier, I like him. Hes a good player, just massively overrated.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

These agenda posters man, it's an epidemic on this forum.

roz

Fake News Merchant
You said Aubameyang is lucky to be here like we're some elite team that can replace his goals easily.
He is! We’re a massive team. What would happen if he left? Someone else would step up.
Theres a reason there weren’t any other teams that were seriously interested in him.
Thing is, even with the godly Aubameyang we still missed out on top four, we still lost the EL final. Obviously im not saying that was all down to him but elite players get you through those moments, he’s not elite.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He is! We’re a massive team. What would happen if he left? Someone else would step up.
Theres a reason there weren’t any other teams that were seriously interested in him.
Thing is, even with the godly Aubameyang we still missed out on top four, we still lost the EL final. Obviously im not saying that was all down to him but elite players get you through those moments, he’s not elite.

Tbf I did watch Giroud make us his bish in the EL final while our 100 million+ strike force were behaving like a man who got a slapper pregnant, nowhere to be found. We won more trophies with him too and I thought he was crap and a donkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom