• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Basically the only positive at the end of the season was the Lacazette/Aubameyang partnership, surely that's the thing you build on moving forward instead of breaking up, no?
We've got other deadwood needing binned before Lacazette.

I liked the look of their linkup and it's a shame it came too late in the day for Wenger. Will be interesting to see Emerys plans unfold as to where he sees certain players (Ramsey, auba, laca) fitting in.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Let's be realistic here folks, Laca is expandable. He is not going to start as the AFC CF next season. It is PEA's role. He will not be happy either to ride the pine however he still has a good market value and selling him still can bring some well needed revenues.
I am not advocating to sell him on the cheap but if we can get 45/50 M for him and use that money to get some help in other positions, I am all for it.

Malky

Established Member
I liked the look of their linkup and it's a shame it came too late in the day for Wenger. Will be interesting to see Emerys plans unfold as to where he sees certain players (Ramsey, auba, laca) fitting in.
I'll be honest, I questioned the Lacazette signing, right up until PEA was signed, then i was convinced that was the end of Laca's Arsenal career, so I was really impressed seeing their link-up and general play together. So personally I'd rather see us use a formation that can accommodate both and rebuild the midfield behind them to get the best out of them. At the end of the day goals win games and having two strikers that work so well together could be invaluable to us.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I'll be honest, I questioned the Lacazette signing, right up until PEA was signed, then i was convinced that was the end of Laca's Arsenal career, so I was really impressed seeing their link-up and general play together. So personally I'd rather see us use a formation that can accommodate both and rebuild the midfield behind them to get the best out of them. At the end of the day goals win games and having two strikers that work so well together could be invaluable to us.

I think it all rests on where he sees Ramsey playing. One of two central midfielders, or one of the three behind a striker. If in the three then you have to assume it'll be alongside Mkhitarayn and Özil.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
He hasnt done anything to warrent a sale. whos our back up striker?

We'd be a bit thin up top if laca was to leave but then it would be on Sven to produce a rabbit out the hat to go alongside welbs and the youngster Eddie.

If laca does find himself on the bench this season, do we really think he'll be happy in that role?

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Let's be realistic here folks, Laca is expandable. He is not going to start as the AFC CF next season. It is PEA's role. He will not be happy either to ride the pine however he still has a good market value and selling him still can bring some well needed revenues.
I am not advocating to sell him on the cheap but if we can get 45/50 M for him and use that money to get some help in other positions, I am all for it.

This.

Lacazette was available for years when we needed a striker but we werent interested. We then bought Lacazette for a club record fee only to then go out and smashed our record fee again for another, better player, who plays in the same position in PEA a mere 4 months later.

Either the club was never sold on him, but we needed a CF and we settled for Lacazette, and/or we were very opportunistic in signing PEA, but either way we have them both now, but we aren't City so we cant afford 50m backups and shifting our best CF wide to play in the sopt of a winger to accommodate Lacazette isnt the ideal situation either.

Selling Lacazette could put us in position to be better off overall. I'm all for it, if his sale is what opens up the opportunity/funds to sign a absolute star in a position we need.

If we are open to sell him I hope we do it now. After Joel Campbell I cant help but think the club will hold onto the player for too long and let the momentum fade.

Giroud12

Its perfectly possible to play with two strikers, or one on the wing.
Breaking up the laca/auba partnership would be a total disaster.

Again, nothing to worry about. No way Emery is so incompetent that he would a) break up an amazing partnership up top and b) leave us with Welbeck if Auba gets injured.

Must be really hard to have been hating on a player for a full year, only to be proven wrong time and time again...

Giroud12

This.

Lacazette was available for years when we needed a striker but we werent interested. We then bought Lacazette for a club record fee only to then go out and smashed our record fee again for another, better player, who plays in the same position in PEA a mere 4 months later.

Either the club was never sold on him, but we needed a CF and we settled for Lacazette, and/or we were very opportunistic in signing PEA, but either way we have them both now, but we aren't City so we cant afford 50m backups and shifting our best CF wide to play in the sopt of a winger to accommodate Lacazette isnt the ideal situation either.

Selling Lacazette could put us in position to be better off overall. I'm all for it, if his sale is what opens up the opportunity/funds to sign a absolute star in a position we need.

If we are open to sell him I hope we do it now. After Joel Campbell I cant help but think the club will hold onto the player for too long and let the momentum fade.

Sure, were in a fantastic position once Auba gets injured. Im sure you would say the same thing when Welbeck misses his 5th sitter of the game. Eddie is a huge talent but nowhere near ready to lead the line.

Also, what absolute star would you buy for the 40-60 mill we would get for Laca? Any half decent keeper is about that price and the one guy we really need is gonna cost 80-90+.

For Gods sake we are trying to get back into top 4, why on earth would you sell one of our best players?

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom