• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

say yes

forum master baiter
Isn't Costa always injured tho?
Doesn’t matter. @truth_hurts whenever he sees an old Brazilian winger with no end-product is available:

giphy.gif

Preacher

Always Crying
Selling Lacazette, moving Auba to CF and not buying out and out replacement for him while playing for example Coutinho as LW would be disaster class.

Willian can't play as LW.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Selling Lacazette, moving Auba to CF and not buying out and out replacement for him while playing for example Coutinho as LW would be disaster class.

Of course Willian can play LW. So can Coutinho in a 4231.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I've come around to the idea of replacing Laca like for like.

Auba - replacement - Pepe
Willian - Ceballos - Partey
Personally love the look of it as long as the replacement is better than Laca.

Preacher

Always Crying
Of course Willian can play LW. So can Coutinho in a 4231.
In theory Willian can play LW, but he is at his best as RW. In my eyes he should battle with Pepe for starting place or play sometimes as a #10.

Not a fan of Coutinho on the wing. Lacks pace and workrate. Luxury player. The rest of the team would need to work overtime in order to compensate it.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we should keep Auba at LW. His goal output there is very similar to when he plays CF. He's also developing a really good understanding with Pepe (Auba back post run and Pepe cross).

I'd bring a CF in to replace Lacazette rather than move Auba to the middle and sign a new LW (or play Willian there). At the end of the day the more goals in the team the better.

We also have Saka/Martinelli coming through for the left wing, whereas we only really have Eddie as an U25 CF, so we should be looking at a new U25 CF anyway.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
In theory Willian can play LW, but he is at his best as RW. In my eyes he should battle with Pepe for starting place or play sometimes as a #10.

Not a fan of Coutinho on the wing. Lacks pace and workrate. Luxury player. The rest of the team would need to work overtime in order to compensate it.
He hardly lacks workrate. Always been known as being very hard-working.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think we should keep Auba at LW. His goal output there is very similar to when he plays CF. He's also developing a really good understanding with Pepe (Auba back post run and Pepe cross).

I'd bring a CF in to replace Lacazette rather than move Auba to the middle and sign a new LW (or play Willian there). At the end of the day the more goals in the team the better.

We also have Saka/Martinelli coming through for the left wing, whereas we only really have Eddie as an U25 CF, so we should be looking at a new U25 CF anyway.

Anyone between 24-28 is fine with me to replace Laca.

Apparently Mikel wants a 6, 8 and 10. But probably in two players. Partey offers the 6/8. Not sure if Ceballos is part of that or...

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone between 24-28 is fine with me to replace Laca.

Apparently Mikel wants a 6, 8 and 10. But probably in two players. Partey offers the 6/8. Not sure if Ceballos is part of that or...

I agree, it seems Mikel wants general improvements in those areas, as well as at CB (Gabriel?) and out wide (Willian). I think CF only becomes a priority they get rid of Lacazette, and I think there is quite a good chance they will.

I think he'll definitely be looking at versatile players that cover the positions you mention (Partey, Aouar). I think they'll Ceballos back in regardless.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I think our football is really poor with Auba out wide. This isn't the only reason why we don't play much good stuff, but I do feel we need more technical players in the team.

Auba at CF and a player with technique makes us a better outfit. Saka or Willian can provide chances from the left.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
So? That's what the preseason is for. Besides we have already successfully changed formation under Arteta, no reason why we couldn't do it again.

Additionally, if we improve around Auba, it could easily work. Willian/Coutinho/Pepe behind him could be great.

How it is now is clearly not working, so it needs to be changed anyway.
Our current system is ****, we barely create any chances and it's unrealistic to expect Auba to keep up that end product with so little chances created.. Continuing with the same is not an option, so regardless of who comes and leaves we need to see something different in terms of how we build up and create.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think our football is really poor with Auba out wide. This isn't the only reason why we don't play much good stuff, but I do feel we need more technical players in the team.

Auba at CF and a player with technique makes us a better outfit. Saka or Willian can provide chances from the left.

I think its more to do with having players that can play between the lines. Its clear that Auba and Pepe are the outlets in the team, and will be no matter the formation/where Auba plays.

Last season we often had no one that could play in between the lines, which was the main reason we couldn't create anything. If we sign a CF that can drop and hold the ball/link the play properly (Lacazette struggles with this despite what people say), and a new central midfield player that can do this, then I think Auba on the left would be fine.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
How it is now is clearly not working, so it needs to be changed anyway.
Our current system is ****, we barely create any chances and it's unrealistic to expect Auba to keep up that end product with so little chances created.. Continuing with the same is not an option, so regardless of who comes and leaves we need to see something different in terms of how we build up and create.

Yeah, spot on. We have none capable of operating between the lines. Laca coming down once or twice is considered good hold up play. :rofl:

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom