• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I dont think we'd sell Lacazette but anything is possible, especially if Emery is thinking of Ramsey playing further forward, I like Ramsey in the 3 behind Auba. As for raising funds, Mustafi would be very hard to sell, maybe get £15m so its better to see if he improves. Bellerin could be an option if we needed to raise funds.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Attack is the only part of this team that's elite and up there with the best in the league/europe, you build around that instead of weakening it to strengthen elsewhere..

Genuinely baffled people don't get this. You build on your strengths - not disassemble them - to work on your weaknesses. That just makes you even more mediocre as you lose your standout feature. You keep your strength and iron out the weakness at the same time.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

So we should sell him to raise funds due to a limited budget and buy a keeper who’d cost more than the fee we’d get for Lacazette, then we need to spend to replace Lacazette as well. Who are we selling to replace Lacazette?
If we have 50m to spend plus whatever we sell then the amount left over depends on how much we sell Lacazette (or others) for. 40m isn't far of being realistic given what we paid. So that's 90m. Oblak for 70 as rumoured leaves 20m. Again all hypothetical. One thing is for sure I can't see a team from Turkey which is where the rumour originated from being likely to spend that kind of cash.

I can understand this rumor. We just bought Auba, and Lacazette is a total diva. Could be easier to sell him for Emery instead of trying to fit him in on left wing where he is not good enough or rotating him with Auba which would just make him angry.

Anyway I don't think it will happen this summer, but after next season Lacazette him self will for sure want to look somewhere else.

Can’t for the life of me understand why he’d come here? Have we even been linked to him?

Yes. Twice this year.

Not gonna say it can happen, but you have players moving to ****ing china for money. At Arsenal we would sell him some project but more importantly he could claim a 200-300k contract here if he wanted us to convince him to drop down levels.

thierrytheking14

I can understand this rumor. We just bought Auba, and Lacazette is a total diva. Could be easier to sell him for Emery instead of trying to fit him in on left wing where he is not good enough or rotating him with Auba which would just make him angry.

Anyway I don't think it will happen this summer, but after next season Lacazette him self will for sure want to look somewhere else.

I know you're far from being a fan of him, but just curious what you're basing this on?

thierrytheking14

To be fair his own mum called him out on body language & attitude on the pitch.
My ma called me many's a thing but don't mean she didn't love me ;)

Think calling him a total diva is a bit harsh. All good strikers have a bit of an ego about them. Need that bit of selfishness and attitude about them. Wrighty & Henry both had it.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
To believe other teams' inflated valuations of their players whilst downplaying the value of our own is positively Micawberesque.

Giroud12

Seriously some of you need to lay off the hatorade, really cant understand how Laca gets as much stick as he does, and come on Laca PLUS money for Zaha? Is this some kind of sick joke?

Great link up with Auba, looked very good since coming back from injury, proven goal scorer, fantastic option if Auba gets injured - there are so, so many reasons why selling him would be a total disaster. Luckily its all BS - no way we would sell, no way a turkish club could shell out 60+ mill and no way Laca would move to a micky mouse league.

Lock please.

Malky

Established Member
Basically the only positive at the end of the season was the Lacazette/Aubameyang partnership, surely that's the thing you build on moving forward instead of breaking up, no?
We've got other deadwood needing binned before Lacazette.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Dannys versatility will play in his favour if Emery has to decide between the two.
Christ son between this and slating the Nigerian merch you are having a bit of a 'mare. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom