• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim_tales1

I'm just furious we're losing our best player to a competing PL team (for the second time) :mad: I don't blame Alexis for wanting to go but this has pissed me off. Such a great player, exciting and fun to watch.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I'm just furious we're losing our best player to a competing PL team (for the second time) :mad: I don't blame Alexis for wanting to go but this has pissed me off. Such a great player, exciting and fun to watch.
Don't worry, Mourinho will kill that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Reading pure balls about Alexis in here.

'Mercenary'? He wasn't a mercenary when he signed for us, and he wasn't a mercenary before that either... So what now? At the end of the day, we hate Man Utd and most of us think, or hope, they wont win anything of note for whatever length of time but, at the end of the day,they're above us, they have a good points total, they're in the CL this season and they'll be in the CL next season. They have also just won a bigger trophy than Wenger has won in his life despite being ****ing sh!t. And he's gong to be one of the highest earners in world football.

What have I missed?

Yes, money is obviously a huge factor, but when is it not? He's gone to a bigger club with far more ambition, to play for a manager that puts it on the line. Suck it up.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
lol at these numbers.

Özil is a fool and should fire his management if he is seriously considering signing an extension with us with figures like this being thrown about.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

'Mercenary'? He wasn't a mercenary when he signed for us, and he wasn't a mercenary before that either... So what now? At the end of the day, we hate Man Utd and most of us think, or hope, they wont win anything of note for whatever length of time but, at the end of the day,they're above us, they have a good points total, they're in the CL this season and they'll be in the CL next season. They have also just won a bigger trophy than Wenger has won in his life despite being ****ing sh!t. And he's gong to be one of the highest earners in world football.

What have I missed?

Yes, money is obviously a huge factor, but when is it not? He's gone to a bigger club with far more ambition, to play for a manager that puts it on the line. Suck it up.

You like the little dog molester and admire Manure and Maureen, we get it.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
lol at these numbers.

Özil is a fool and should fire his management if he is seriously considering signing an extension with us with figures like this being thrown about.

Özil is a very rich man who happen to love London. I also think he have a good relationship with Wenger. That nose is extremely big btw.

Aevi

Hale End FC
180 million pounds!? That is just ****ing unreal. Honestly, props, he has made it in life. And he gets to fleece Utd while doing so :p

Original_AAA

Think people should be a bit more positive, there are (finally) some good signs emerging from the club.

Untill pen is put to paper I'm not going to be swept away in optimism. There have been many false dawns the last 10+ years with glimmers of hope shattered when reality sets in yet again.

While I do agree that if all the rumours are true we seemed to have done well considering the bad situation we have put ourselves in, we can't escape the facts that 1) the people responsible for getting us into this situation in the first place are still running the club and 2) untill everything is signed and approved it isn't done. It won't help us to be linked to players if the transfer never happens.

Malky

Established Member
Paying Alexis £180M, and he'll still be used as a passenger on Mourinho's parked bus in every big away game. :lol:

WizardOfAus

Really makes me wonder. With Alexis almost going to Man Utd, where does that leave players like rashford, lingard and martial?

I can see one of them getting fed up with lack of playing time and cracking the ****s. Maybe next summer well have the Martial thread going nuts . A bit of payback would be in order if they steal alexis. Even if Mkhi becomes a world beater again...

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

What have I missed?

He wasn't a mercenary when he signed for Arsenal because Barcelona pushed him out. I won't even call him a mercenary for leaving Arsenal (even though the club was willing to double his wages). I won't even call him a mercenary for pricing himself out of a move to Bayern last summer despite his professed desire to win big trophies. But when he wrangles for a move to Manchester City all summer, starts up again in January, tells friends it's his "dream move" to play for Pep and win things, is all but set to go there, then pulls the plug on a City move at the last minute when United (a club currently less likely to win big trophies than City and whose manager plays a style of football that suits Alexis less than Pep's) backs up a Brinks truck to his door and waves cash in his face, that's a mercenary. There's just no two ways about it. Forget about Arsenal. Look at his behavior.

MkhiMagic

Really makes me wonder. With Alexis almost going to Man Utd, where does that leave players like rashford, lingard and martial?

I can see one of them getting fed up with lack of playing time and cracking the ****s. Maybe next summer well have the Martial thread going nuts . A bit of payback would be in order if they steal alexis. Even if Mkhi becomes a world beater again...
More than likely it'll be Mata that's pushed out as Alexis will start on the right and Martial/Rashford will keep rotating on the left wing. Also a matter of time until Lingard gets phased out again when his purple patch inevitably ends at which point they could return to a midfield 3 once they upgrade the lesbian.

WizardOfAus

More than likely it'll be Mata that's pushed out as Alexis will start on the right and Martial/Rashford will keep rotating on the left wing. Also a matter of time until Lingard gets phased out again when his purple patch inevitably ends at which point they could return to a midfield 3 once they upgrade the lesbian.

Yes good point. Lingard will probably end up playing at some mid table club like everton or tottenham

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He wasn't a mercenary when he signed for Arsenal because Barcelona pushed him out. I won't even call him a mercenary for leaving Arsenal (even though the club was willing to double his wages). I won't even call him a mercenary for pricing himself out of a move to Bayern last summer despite his professed desire to win big trophies. But when he wrangles for a move to Manchester City all summer, starts up again in January, tells friends it's his "dream move" to play for Pep and win things, is all but set to go there, then pulls the plug on a City move at the last minute when United (a club currently less likely to win big trophies than City and whose manager plays a style of football that suits Alexis less than Pep's) backs up a Brinks truck to his door and waves cash in his face, that's a mercenary. There's just no two ways about it. Forget about Arsenal. Look at his behavior.
They're paying him money off the scale and he stands a better chance of winning stuff. Forget City. They didn't want him. They didn't need him. Forget the 'friends said blah' stuff too. That's just laughable. 'His mate Dave from the pub said meeeh'. Come on ffs. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The people calling him a mercenary now are the same people who were saying he would ride the bench at City. 'Pointless him going there', they said. 'Who's he going to displace?', they asked. 'He lose's the ball too much for City, he wont fit in' they said'....

Arsenal go to sh!t, Man City refuse to meet his demands and so takes the best offer on the table from 2nd placed CL club, Man Utd, for 500k a week.

"Mercenary!!!" :lol:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
lol at these numbers.

Money isn't always everything. As Keown said, Alexis is a mercenary. If he really wanted to "win the Champions League," then he would've gone to Bayern in the summer.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
The people calling him a mercenary now are the same people who were saying he would ride the bench at City. 'Pointless him going there', they said. 'Who's he going to displace?', they asked. 'He lose's the ball too much for City, he wont fit in' they said'....

Arsenal go to sh!t, Man City refuse to meet his demands and so takes the best offer on the table from 2nd placed CL club, Man Utd, for 500k a week.

"Mercenary!!!" :lol:
I never said he'd ride the bench at City. But I did say he wouldn't win the CL at Manchester City, which was what he was complaining about when all this **** kick started. It's quite clear now that he just wanted one last big ass pay check.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
They're paying him money off the scale and he stands a better chance of winning stuff. Forget City. They didn't want him. They didn't need him. Forget the 'friends said blah' stuff too. That's just laughable. 'His mate Dave from the pub said meeeh'. Come on ffs. :lol:

Not mates from the pub. Teammates on the Chilean NT in whom he confided. City may not have needed him, but they did want him. If they didn't, they wouldn't have offered £60 million for him in September and bid for him again in January. Arguably, he stands a better chance of "winning stuff" at United than at Arsenal, but not a better chance than at City. To think otherwise is delusional. His actions were all about going to the highest bidder. He'd have gone to frickin' Sp**s if they'd offered him more than United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom