• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal 2-1 Sp**s Player rating

kamikaze80

Established Member
almunia - 8
sagna - 7
touré - 6
gallas - 7
clichy - 8
eboue - 5
rosicky - 6
fabregas - 7
flamini - 8
hleb - 5
adebayor - 7

bendtner - 7

hleb and rosicky were largely responsible for ade being so isolated up front. we really need to get back to 4-4-2. almunia with a huge penalty save when it looked like toure mightve gotten some ball. some shocking refereeing today, i thought.

Dragon181

Woke up at 4:30, watched the game, went back to sleep happy, woke up at 1:30, watched the Stanford-Texas Tech Men's basketball game (which Stanford won), and am still happy. But after my 'nap' after the game, I have to say a lot of the team was pretty bad.

Almunia - 8 MOTM. He saved a penalty. The goal he let in was iffy, but really, how can someone who saved a potentially costly penalty get less than an 8?

Sagna - 7 Solid. I'm running out of things to say because he just does his job. If anything wrong, got nutmegged by Taarabt.

Toure - 6 Another up and down game. He defended relatively well, but the tackle for the penalty on Berbatov was horrible, and he really couldn't argue there.

Gallas - 7 Solid. See Sagna.

Clichy - 7,5 Amazing defensively. He single-handedly shuts down 'great' right wingers. Clichy>A.Cole by a mile. He even threw in a few crosses. At least he's trying them now.

Eboue - 6,5 Was possibly one of the only real threats offensively in the 1st half. But didn't offer much after that.

Fabregas - 7 2 good assists. But other than that a pretty bad game. The backheel was especially exquisite.

Flamini - 6,5 Worked hard. Defended well. But not much going forward.

Rosicky - 6,5 Worked hard. Good pass for the first goal. But anonymous for a lot of the match.

Hleb - 6 Get some games. Shake off the rust.

Adebayor - 7 Good goal. A much better game. But still, his first touch annoys me, and he drifts a little too wide too often for me.

Subs:
Bendtner - 7,5 First touch, first goal in the PL. Class.

Gilberto - 6 Calmed the game down, slowed down attack, gave the ball away. Putting Gilberto in is like saying we're just going to wait for the final whistle now.

Overall, a tough derby game and well done sticking with it and slugging it out. The first half was horrendous, the passing was poor, the penalty was justified (and another one could have been awarded), a 21-year old first-start former Gooner was the best player on the pitch for much of the match, and they were generally outplayed for large portions of the game. But a win is a win, and a gritty win says something about the team's persistence.

Biggus

Established Member
Almunia - 7 Got lucky and redeemed himself, but this clown will one day cost us big.

Sagna - 7

Touré - 6

Gallas - 6

Clichy - 7

Eboue - 5

Rosicky - 6 should have had two penalties. :x

Fabregas - 7

Flamini - 8

Hleb - 5

Adebayor - 7 Ade loves playing them.

Bendtner - 7 Great goal, is on form now.

Gilberto- 6

Christofaux

5 is my average

Almunia 7 - Saved a Penno
Clichy 8 - Lennon kept trying to beat his man but Clichy had him under control
Toure - 6 Normal game, was a bit unlucky on the penalty as he did get the ball.
Gallas - 5 seemed a bit missing
Sagna - 5 Got turned a few times but also won a few balls.
Eboue - 6 Had some good attacking runs and a decent shot on goal
Flamini - 6 Did things right, was missing towards the end.
Fabregas - 6 clever little back heel, alot of stray passes.
Rosicky - 6 Good movement.
Hleb - 6 One moment of brilliance comes to mind where he took on 3 Sp**s players who had him on the sideline and ended up streaking away leaving them behind. Other then that no real mistakes.
Adebayor 7 - Did well with no support, won a few good balls. Couldnt skin a player to save his life.

Bendter 7 - Did exactly what he needed to do. Pretty cool for his first touch.
Gilberto 5 - Get rid of him, put diarra on the bench. Can't Pass. One or two tackles.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
7 - Almunia - Saved a peno, generally kept his predilection for dodginess under wraps

Sagna - 7 - Solid, good forward runs

Toure - 7 - Thought the peno was a tad harsh, other than that he was reliable

Gallas - 7 - Not as in the mix as usual, but did his job well

Clichy - 8 - Kept Lennon at bay masterfully, always provided an attacking outlet, improved his passing too

Rosicky - 5 - I'm a confirmed Rossa aficionado, but he's testing my patience with these wishy-washy performances. Never supported Ade adequately, got lost in midfield. Needs to improve.

Cesc - 6 - This match just underlined why this guy is so important for us. We looked like a poor impersonation of Arsenal until Cesc worked through the gears early in the second half. Unfortunately it looks like he's still shaking off the rust from his lay-off. Some uncharacteristically wayward passing from him. Also seemd to fade midway through the second half, much like against Chelsea.

Flamini - 6.5 - Started brightly with some powerful forward runs, then settled into a sitting role. Hardly noticed him in the second.

Eboue - 4 - Wasted on the right flank. Provides power and thrust, but lacks the nuance and decision-making to combine effectively with his technically superior midfield luminaries. He generally made the right flank a black hole for promising attacks.

Hleb - 6.5 - Also looking a little dusty after his lay-off, but provided more thrust than Rosicky. Started well, making mugs of the Sp**s midfield a few times, then faded until he was subbed with 15 minutes to go.

Adebayor - 7 - Under the circumstances, alone up front, I thought he battled manfully. Laid the ball off well, ran at Sp**s time and again, and took his goal coolly. However, one can't help but feel he has the potential to improve.

SUBS:

Gilberto - 5 - Really isn't great as a subsitute. Rarely acclimatises to the rhythm of the match when he comes on, resulting in sloppy fouls and stray passes.

Bendter - 7 - Did what was needed in majestic fashion. Won't be out of the first team much longer, I feel.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Biggus said:
Almunia - 7 Got lucky and redeemed himself, but this clown will one day cost us big. Sagna - 7

Touré - 6

Gallas - 6

Clichy - 7

Eboue - 5

Rosicky - 6 should have had two penalties. :x

Fabregas - 7

Flamini - 8

Hleb - 5

Adebayor - 7 Ade loves playing them.

Bendtner - 7 Great goal, is on form now.

Gilberto- 6
I agree, we were lucky today..

Christofaux

arsenal_hleb said:
Christofaux said:
Biggus said:
Christofaux said:
Almunia is great- 7

Biggus said:
Almunia is useless- 7.

:lol:

i dont get it? all i said was he saved a penno.
read biggus comments on almunia gonna cost us one day, which mean he is useless.

you said he saved a penno, so he is great.

and both got the same ratings, hence the smiley :lol:

never said he was great, just said he saved a penno, if he had of been great he would of got an 8 or 9. I'm confident it would of required more luck for a keeper to save berbatovs deflected shot rather then that penalty.

True Gooner

Established Member
Biggus said:
Almunia - 7 Got lucky and redeemed himself, but this clown will one day cost us big.

The goal wasnt his fault mate..there was a slight deflection on the shot and from that range with that power few goalkeepers would have been able to stop that....

Biggus

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
Christofaux said:
Biggus said:
Christofaux said:
Almunia is great- 7

Biggus said:
Almunia is useless- 7.

:lol:

i dont get it? all i said was he saved a penno.
read biggus comments on almunia gonna cost us one day, which mean he is useless.

you said he saved a penno, so he is great.

and both got the same ratings, hence the smiley :lol:

Thanks for explaining that A_H.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Ade once again shows he loves playing against Tottenham..
What a header by Bendtner, why the **** did they leave him unmarked in a corner? Tottenham are so ****ing ****...lol- Does anyone think its safe to say he is the best in the air in our say...entire squad?
Almunia did well too I thought. Great confident boost for himsef, the fans and the team.

Biggus

Established Member
psycho said:
Ade once again shows he loves playing against Tottenham..
What a header by Bendtner, why the f**k did they leave him unmarked in a corner?

He had just come sprinting on from the sidelines, they probably didn't sort out who was picking him up.

psycho said:
Tottenham are so f****g s**t...lol-

Ain't that the truth, we were s**t but luckily they were f****g s**t.

:wink:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Ahh yes he did make a late run, allowing him to gain so much height. In any case, he is a much better alternative striker than both Aliadierre and Baptista combined.
My comment about Tottenham was so unneccasary...At the same time, it was...I just had to throw it in.
I can't help but say it/type it.
Tottenham are so ****ing ****. Seriously.

Biggus

Established Member
j'nuh said:
Huddlestone actually ran full speed into Adebayor and fell flat on his arse.

You deserve a prize J'nuh..... for getting the words "Huddlestone" and " full speed" into one sentence. :thumbup

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom