• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal (4) vs Bolton (1) Player Ratings

Man of the Match

• Arshavin

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Chamakh

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Fabregas

Votes: 52 75.4%
  • Song

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Almunia:
Eboue:
Koscielny:
Squillaci:
Gibbs:
Song:
Fabregas:
Wilshere:
Rosicky:
Chamakh:
Arshavin:

Subs
Diaby:
Denilson:
Vela:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia: 6
Eboue: 6
Koscielny: 6
Squillaci: 6
Gibbs: 6
Song: 5.5
Fabregas: 8
Wilshere: 6
Rosicky: 6
Chamakh: 7
Arshavin: 8

Subs
Diaby: N.A
Denilson: 6
Vela: 7

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Almunia:6 Was pleased with his reaction when we conceded. Showed some emotion and was clearly upset at conceding.
Eboue:6
Koscielny:5.5 Slight deduction for the mistake.
Squillaci:6
Gibbs:6
Song:8 Was great today. Tried a few clever balls but got too much on it. Got forward well and picked up a derserved goal.
Fabregas:8.5 His passing range was superb throughout.
Wilshere:6
Rosicky:7
Chamakh:6.5
Arshavin:7.5 Missed a few really good chances but kept making the runs that allowed him the chances in the first place.

Subs
Diaby: Hope his injury is not serious.
Denilson:6
Vela:7 Really neat finish

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Almunia: 7
Bergkamp: 8 - 5.5 for the performance, 2.5 for the sublime goal.
Fabregas: 7
Wilshere: 6
Rosicky: 7
Chamakh: 8
Arshvin: 7

Vela gets a 7 too for his superb finish.

qs

Established Member
Almunia: 7 Another decent game, made a couple of good stops but still failing to control his area on set pieces.
Eboue: 7 No real defensive mistakes, decent going forward.
Koscielny: 5 Another mistake that causes a goal, unacceptable.
Squillaci: 6 not too bad but needs a few more games to settle.
Gibbs: 6 also poor for the goal but was good going forward and his energy was a bonus.
Song: 7 poor first half, great second, amazing goal.
Fabregas: 7 3 assists, can't ask for much more.
Wilshere: 7 A few great passes but also sloppy at times.
Rosicky: 7 similar game to Wilshere, should have scored.
Chamakh: 7 good goal, movement is improving but needs to stay central a bit more when he's playing as the central striker.
Arshavin: 6 good running but really needs to be scoring one of those chances.

Subs
Diaby: n/a Robinsons a ****
Denilson: 7 decent, looked to play more advanced than usual, good shot, nice passing.
Vela: 7 couldn't do more in the time he got really, great run for the goal and a nice calm finish.

squallkid

Established Member
Almunia:7 Okay performance
Eboue: 6 okay
Koscielny: 7 scored a goal and was okay defensively
Squillaci: 7 good debut
Gibbs: 6 he was okay
Song:7
Fabregas: 9 captain fantastic, glad to see him back
Wilshere: 6 looked out of his depth
Rosicky:6.5 played well
Chamakh:8 lead the line well
Arshavin:7 missed some easy chances

Subs
Diaby:N/A
Denilson:6.5 looked okay
Vela: 7 for the goal

otfgoon

Established Member
Almunia - 7. Couple of reassuring performances now, lets hope we're going to see another 08/09 type season.

Eboue - 6. Decent enough.

Squillaci - 6. Didn't do anything wrong, solid enough debut

Koscielny - 6. He made 1 error in an otherwise solid performance, sadly for him he got punished for it.

Gibbs - 7. Not an inspired performance but he's better than Clichy right now.

Song - 8. Started the game a little sloppy but slowly starting to look more like the Song we know, great goal too.

Cesc - 8. Much like Song grew as the game went on. Some stunning killer balls and his work rate was tops as well.

Wilshere - 6/7. Pretty much the same as his other performances, not inspirational but neat and tidy.

Rosicky - 7. Decent enough, didn't have the same impact playing outwide but still good.

Arshavin - 7. Really pleased with his performance today, never stopped making runs and kept trying to get involved. Shame about the finishing.

Chamakh - 8 MoTM. Lovely hold up and link up play and a goal to cap it off.

-------

Vela - 7. Lovely run and finish.

nazo

Established Member
Eboue: 7
Koscielny: 7
Squillaci: 7
Gibbs: 7
Song: 20 for the goal alone
Fabregas: 7
Wilshere: 7
Arshvin: 7

Denilson: 7

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Almunia: 6 One woeful clearance, was decent.

Eboue: 6 Made a few interesting runs, not many
intelligent decisions.

Koscielny: 6 Decent in the battle for aerial supremacy, but really needs to learn how to take control of situations.

Squillaci: See Koscielny.

Gibbs: 6.5 Encouraging game. Did not offer much on attack, was more solid defensively than Clichy has been for a while though.

Song: 7.5 Had a very good game over-all. Still a bit careless in his distribution and his positional weakness wasn't really tested, his best game of the season.

Fabregas: 8 Not close to his best, yet the man oozes class. Sublime passing and showed a lot more fire today.

Wilshere: 6.5 Still gets a little lost, was good enough in possession and distribution.

Rosicky: 7.5 Excellent performance. He might have been overshadowed by Cesc, but their performances were quite similar.

Chamakh: 7 Good job. Keep it up.

Arshavin: 7.5 Not an advertisement for finishing today, still a great performance from the russian. His awareness, passing and offensive runs were top notch today. Fitness is also picking up it seems.

Subs

Diaby: 5.5 Hope it's nothing but a bruise.

Denilson: 6 Passed it around nicely.

Vela: 7 Looked lively and a composed finish.

Our defense, as a unit, is really way below par. Considering the change in personnel it's excusable, but it is something that's bothered me for a while now.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Almunia 6 - Generally he was OK but his passing and clearances were brainless at times.
Eboue 6
Koscielny 5 - Bad mistake for the goal but good in the air for the most part. -1 for the goal.
Squillaci 5 - I thought he had some shaky moments.
Gibbs 6
Song 6 - Poor on the ball at times. Great goal though.
Wilshere 6
Fabregas 7 - Created glaring chances with some incredible passes.
Rosicky 6 - Fantastic pass and some good moments but still uncomfortable in a wide role.
Chamakh 7 -Good goal and great link up play particularly in the 2nd half.
Arshavin 4 - Some bad misses and sloppy in possession for the most part. Decent off the ball.

Vela 7
Denilson 6

flobaba

Almunia: 7 (Did okay)
Eboue: 5.5
Koscielny: 6 (Still not convinced about him)
Song: 7 (Well taken goal, was vital in settling the team for the ole, ole, one sextillion pass to Vela gole, but he had quite a few misplaced passes. Plus he seems to be losing whatever semblance of positional discipline he was beginning to develop last year, could be coach's instructions though. Making up for it with sheer monstrophsyicality)
Fabregas: 8.5 (MOTM, ran the show. We really can't afford to lose him next season, or even the one after)
Wilshere: 7 (Showed a lot of intelligence with some of his distribution and passes esp for the first goal.)
Rosicky: 7 (Here and there. Should be finishing those chances he got today, or at least Getting them on target)
Chamakh: 8. (I thought he was wonderful today. Still think he should do more to get himself in dangerous positions in the box/center to finish up moves. He's a bit wasted as a mostly 'bringer of players into the game' kind of player)
Arshavin: 7.5 (Loved his movement and hardwork today, apart from the Adebayorlike offsides. Could and should have done better with the chances created for him too. Theo would have got a hattrick today if he was in some of those positions Arsh got into)

Vela: 7 (Goal well taken)
Denilson: 7 (I actually missed the kid).

fabo

6.51 / 10
Almunia......5....his kicking is shocking.

Eboue.......6....squad player doing s decent job.
Squillaci.....6....I was wondering after about 80 minutes how the hell he played. Quiet but pretty solid.
Kos......5....another error. I think Squillaci should start alongside TV.
Gibbs.....6....did OK, another game for him anyway. He needs them.

Song.......7.....extra for the goal, that was great. Still not convinced by Song, in terms of actually carrying out the job his position requires.
Wilshere......6....decent game. Some sloppy play too.
Cesc........8......I said after Blackburn that I thought Cesc was below-par but the purpose in his play was there....just lacking sharpness. Today he was a creative beast.

Rosicky.....7....his shooting is overrated really. But pretty good link-up and I'm sure I watched him do some good work defensively. This is the standard we want from squad players like Rosicky, can he do it every week though is another matter.
Chamakh......7....big goal and he's clearly superb in the air. Bit worried about his shooting though.
Arshavin........7.5

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
You're late Klaus, want a poll?
Yeah, I had some trouble with my computer. Feel free to insert a poll if you like. Not sure about names but I think Cesc, Chamakh and Arshavin need to be included at least.

MAK 14

Established Member

Squillaci: 5.5
Gibbs: 7

Song: 7.5
Fabregas: 8
Wilshere: 6.5
Arshavin: 7.5

Subs
Diaby: 6
Denilson: 7

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
fabo said:
Song.......7.....extra for the goal, that was great. Still not convinced by Song, in terms of actually carrying out the job his position requires.
Yup, this second striker experiment has to end.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Almunia: 6 why you cant even keep our goal clean for ones

Eboue: 6 good game

Koscielny: 7 one point for the goal he have a few mistakes his mistake made the goal but am still felling he will learn
form his mistakes

Squillaci: 7 good first game he is a bit heavy but a good
defender

Gibbs: 7 good game nice crosses i hope wenger give him chance in CL game

Song: 7 bad first half class 2nd half and class goal from you song

Fabregas: 9 he made 3 goals what i can say more f**k fat frank MOTM for me

Wilshere: 6 nice cross made the first goal

Rosicky: 7 good game he run always did not tired just his final touch so bad

Chamakh: 8 very good game and very nice header keep going chamakh we need you now

Arshavin: 5 for me worst player today miss 3 goal chances we was can end the game in first half but he miss it all

Subs
Diaby: N/a another victem add to injury list hope you ok diaby

Denilson: 6 good game today i want see this denilson every
game

Vela: 7 first touch and goal he Keep improving and im sure wenger will give him chance next game in CL

Humble Rex

Established Member
Almunia:7 - Good performance again.

Eboue:7 - Good defensively, ok going forward, calm on the ball.

Koscielny:6 - Looks like Senderos at the moment. Good game, but with an obligatory howler. 3 games - at fault for 2 goals and a red card.

Squillaci:7 - Good, solid performance. We gave away very few chances today to a Bolton team that has started the season well.

Gibbs:7 - See Eboue

Song:7 - Good solid performance, and What.A.Goal. Bergkamp would have been proud of that finish.

Fabregas:8.5 - 3 assists, good workrate, stuck to his position which helped us defensively.

Wilshere:7 - Good, solid performance.

Rosicky:7 - Good game. Offer us something else than Theo when played on the wing. Best pass I have seen for some time the one to play Arshavin in with the outside of his boot. Wow!

Chamakh:7.5 - Lead our line well. Good as a target man, brought others into play, good goal. Wish he would get into more goalcoring positions throughout a game.

Arshavin:8 - Despite his woeful finishing I think this was one of his best games for us. He was involved a lot, made several great runs. Looked fit! :shock:

Subs
Diaby:N/A

Denilson:6 - Good to have him back. Did his job well, and a good shot to boot.

Vela:7 - Looked lively, good runs, calm finish for his goal.

Beating Bolton comfortably, and hardly conceding any chances, with a team full of squad players is a demonstration of strength. Very happy with the performance.

Ref was an utter c.unt btw. Davies, who is also a c.unt, should have been sent off, should have been a straight red for the tackle on Diaby, and Cahill should not have been sent off. We should have had at least one peno as well.

Humble Rex

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
fabo said:
Yup, this second striker experiment has to end.

Been thinking about that. It doesn´t seem to me that the 3 positions in midfield are fixed. Not even Song´s as a DM. Looked more like the instructions were - "Go out there and play and make sure that one of you 3 stay behind". Don´t like it at all I have to say.

Biggus

Established Member
Good idea about the poll Anthony.

I voted Chamakh I'm really warming to him, his workrate is excellent and he gives us that extra dimension ie someone actually to aim for in the box.
When he scored the game was very much still in the balance.

I don't really know why Gary Cahill was sent off, it should have been Davies- a right little Runt with a capital C if ever there was.

otfgoon said:
Almunia - 7. Couple of reassuring performances now, lets hope we're going to see another 08/09 type season.
Lets hope to Cryuff he stays fit you mean.
sweating-smile.gif

@ Yousif it was hardly Al's fault, WTF was Koscielny doing?

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom