• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Manchester United | Sat, Nov 3rd,12.45pm | A.G

Lord Dula

Established Member
I think Chelsea are a stronger unit than utd and they will finish above them, especially if they buy another top drawer forward player.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
ibby said:
Tony Montana said:
ibby said:
Tony Montana said:
ibby said:
The ref was superb on Saturday.

:lol:

Explain?

He got every single big decision right. What more can you ask for?

:roll:

Hleb penalty. Not booking players for diving or spotting the blatent dives. Not booking players for card waving. Giving free kicks for tackles that were clean.

It was poor refereeing.

Not giving Hleb penalty? If it was against us & he did gave a penalty fo rthe same incident I'll bet my house you would have come on here & slated the living lights out of him.

Booking players for card waving? Yes he made a misatke there but our players used to do it & not get penalised for that also

Like I said. All the big decisions he got right, what more can you ask for?
what rubbish?

the ref had an utter poor game. which big decision he got correct? all the freekicks are wrong. most of them are fair challenges. he keeps giving everthing against us. their first goal isn't llegitimate.

don't talk to me about gallas goal, linesman spotted it.

Asterix

Established Member
Anzac said:
He's doing his job a bit like Moanrinho - deflecting the attention away from the match. He doesn't want anyone to realise that we stopped them scoring 4 goals for the 5th match, despite coming here with his best attack on the field in their normal formation. Likewise he doesn't wnat it realised that despite playing out of our normal formation & with only 1 striker up front, that we put 2 goals past 'the meanest defence' in the PL, and in doing so we came from behind twice - which also means they couldn't hold the lead.

Superb post - was going to make the same point myself. :)

Fergie is now a lot more worried about us than he was. We're both very equal, and this title could be decided by injuries. that's possibly one reason why United should still be considered slight favourites. Still, an absorbing contest.

ibby

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
ibby said:
Tony Montana said:
ibby said:
Tony Montana said:
ibby said:
The ref was superb on Saturday.

:lol:

Explain?

He got every single big decision right. What more can you ask for?

:roll:

Hleb penalty. Not booking players for diving or spotting the blatent dives. Not booking players for card waving. Giving free kicks for tackles that were clean.

It was poor refereeing.

Not giving Hleb penalty? If it was against us & he did gave a penalty fo rthe same incident I'll bet my house you would have come on here & slated the living lights out of him.

Booking players for card waving? Yes he made a misatke there but our players used to do it & not get penalised for that also

Like I said. All the big decisions he got right, what more can you ask for?
what rubbish?

the ref had an utter poor game. which big decision he got correct? all the freekicks are wrong. most of them are fair challenges. he keeps giving everthing against us. their first goal isn't llegitimate.

don't talk to me about gallas goal, linesman spotted it.

The linesman spotted it but the referee had the option to over-rule the decision if he feels its wrong. So, he it was his decision.

Ok, lets go through the so called 'big decisions'

The Vidic 'tug' on Hleb. It wasn't a penalty. Look at it again closely, Hleb falls AFTER Vidic let go.

The handball. Again good work by the ref, Hargreaves didn't intend to handball the ball & if you look at it again he actually didn't move his hand.

Probably the most controversial decision. The Brown 'elbow.' Most of you are crying because he didn't let the game flow. The second he does & Manchester United score we are all up in arms? If I was a referee I would have waved play on. Hleb didn't excatly challenge Brown, he just flew right past him.

Like I said, if them decisions were for us we wouldn't have had this discussion & we would have been praising the ref.

awooga83

Established Member
Guys everyone has stated time and again he is trying the old psychological tactics again because we are a big enough threat to him. It used to be like this all the time 3-4 years ago. This little interlude by Chelsea and our own troubles has perhaps made many of us forget it. But the way to look at it is if Fergie is paying attention to us and having digs then we are doing alright.

Wenger14

Established Member
He truly cracks me up.

We were hardly at our best yet we came back twice against them. I was encouraged with how quickly we managed to reply on both occasions. Signs of real character and determination.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that we would have had at least 4 points in our last two games, if Robin was fit.

number_0

Established Member
few points about us in general:

1) hleb, rosicky and even fabregas should stop shooting from outside the box with their LEFT foot, its annoying how they keep fluffing it wide when they could have hit it more accuretly(and powerfully) with their right. take note from denilsons recent goal.

2)ade is clearly working hard, but i find it pointless giving him though balls when he is surrounded by 3-4 players, as he will pass it back or end up losing it, the problem is high lighted in the 4-5-1 formation, he is usually up alone without support, rosicky should be in the box more to relieve him of the pressure, as it is he is most dangerous there.

3)It was wrong letting flamini man mark ronaldo as he wasnt the pacyest of players, clichey was having a bad game, but he still could contain ronaldo in his pocket.

4)our players should learn when to 'fall' when under pressure like the way ferdinand and vidic did, at the end when walcatt was running into the box, evra went into him really voilently, i felt if walcatt fell there we could have had a decent shout for a penner, not that i encourage diving at all, but i think many teams get away from fouling our players because we dont go down easily, while a slight touch from one of our kids, and they fall over like a sack of manure and we unfairly get yellows.

OK rant is over and i hope i see you're views about it...

and special note to ricky:
what an unfuckingbelievable golden post, it will officially go into A-M all time golden moments thread :)

cheers m8

jay-d

Established Member
It's a good thing and shows we are a threat again. Fergie is just palying mind games, it's been a while because quiet frankly in the last couple of season Chelsea have been the only threat but now we're back expect much more of it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Lol the game really got under Fergies skin and the Mancs skin.
I think Fergie is crapping on for the benefit of his squad, It maybe the draw has the squad on a bit of downer after all they were so close to winning. I think he feels he has to talk them up in the media to build them up again.

Zico

Established Member
I'm not sure if this article was posted:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 430117.ece

Fergie's going on about how we'd be in trouble if domestic quotas were introduced. True, but it's all quite senseless. The man should focus on his own club. If buying English talent means spending 50 million pounds on Hargreaves and Ferdinand when our starting line-up this past weekend was worth 37 million pounds, then I don't want any of it.

Is Fergie jealous of Arsenal? But why? He has 9 titles including the most recent one.

Nutsy

Established Member
Posted this in the English Football thread. Though its under different publisher on the net. As I said, he's annoyed. He's doing it to spite Arsène.

Really is a grade A bitter loser.

Nutsy

Established Member
Ironic, that they didn't even lose. man, after reading the cnuts' comments, made me wish we should've really beaten them. Manc Unts giving a lot of stick we were lucky. Get over it muppets.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I don't think it's doing them any good. No class, no respect. Poor them.

Only Giggs was reasonable. Credit to him.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
what's the surprise with fergie's smelly mouth there?

nothing.

he has always been that way every season when other top 4 teams are above his.

when united were 3rd a few seasons ago, he surely was very quiet wasn't he?

rivals said Arsène is a whiner.

poor drunken lot... haven't they ever heard of fergie?

riquelmesgirl

Lol Ferguson really is a grade A t**t, it's as if he takes lessons to come up with this stuff. I love how none of our lot aren't saying anything back too. We have come out from the weekend, looking much the better club. I'm so proud.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
stiiphunn said:
Hey Fergie, it's been 3 days! Hahaha!
I think Fergie must feel threatened by this crop of Arsène's players. He is afraid that he might not have a chance to see his team beating Arsenal in Emirates. The atmosphere in Emirates has become as hot as ever and so is the home support. With that kind of support at home, Arsenal players can always squeez out that extra 5% of determination and confidence to beat ManUre

Technically, Fergie must be perplexed of why his expensive layout just can't beat an Arsenal team without henry and Vieira. Something is beyond the Scot's comprehension, and that's why it made him frustrated and furious. Fergie may also feel insecure about the prospect of the manner of his retirement. With this batch of Arsenal yougsters developing and maturing, Fergie will have to worry about if his Yankee owner can give him 50M p.a. to spend every summer in order to compete with cash-rich Arsenal. If Wenger can solve the goalkeeper problem before next summer, Fergie's team will never be able to beat Arsenal before the end of Wenger's new contract.

Druid

well the mind games have started, which means manure are getting scared of us again. pathetic attempt to derail our team tbh.. makes me remember why i hate those arrogant pricks so much. here's to hoping we tear them a new arsehole at OT so they'll stop whining

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom