• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal FC Vs Wigan Ath FC | Sat,Nov24th,3pm | Emirates Std

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Try to watch Gallas' goal against L'pool last season at Emirates. Look who is that there when RvP is taking the corner kick, just left of corner flag.
Legendary "here is the firget for you giggs" Granny!!!
So I guess she is a season ticket holder and they can find her now on Wigan game, a have an interview with her as I read soem bloggers wanted :)
I noticed that when watching season review today.

M+D

Established Member
lagosgooner said:
That's the sort of complacency that leads to dropped points against small teams. Wigan is a more important game than Seville. Start with the strongest team, then rest players once the job is done. In fact this is the sort of game you want to use to boost your goal difference

On a side note, Must say Nadz, you do good work!

I disagree. Look at the team I posted, only 4 players aren't currently in the normal 1st eleven (Walcott, Eduardo, Denilson and Bendtner), and one of them, Denilson, is an enforced change anyway, due to Fabregas' suspension.

I'd argue that Eboue needs to be left out as he has been very poor at right wing, and Theo can do a job there at home just as well as Eboue, if not better imo. And I also think we can easily afford to play 4-4-2 at home against Wigan, and play one of our sub strikers instead of an extra midfielder. And with Eduardo and Bendtner having already played several games together, from what I've seen they link up quite well together, so as a partnership I'd argue they're as good as playing Ade up front instead.

And the game against Sevilla will decide who gets the top spot in the CL group, and I'd rather not play Barca, Milan, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Inter, Chelski etc in the next round, so I think we should play our first team in that game, rather than a home game against poor opposition.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
* Arsenal have a 100 per cent record against Wigan in the Premiership.

going to be 200% on the 24th.

2004-05 - Promoted to Barclays Premiership
2006-07 - Emile Heskey signed from Birmingham for a club record £5.5million
2006-07 - Paul Jewell resigns as manager and is replaced by his assistant Chris Hutchings
2007-08 - Chris Hutchings sacked as manager. Lost 9-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates stadium.

True Gooner

Established Member
As Bojed would say..
23 - 0 to The Arsenal :D
Almunia x 15
Hleb x 5
Walcott x 3
Adebayor to be ruled offside 28 times, a new Premier league record

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
true gooner said:
As Bojed would say..
23 - 0 to The Arsenal :D
Almunia x 15
Hleb x 5
Walcott x 3
Adebayor to be ruled offside 28 times, a new Premier league record

i see my youngling, you're going to join the council sooner than i thought.

i'll have to ask master yoda first, of course.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
I believe that we can put at least four goals past them. Robin to return and bag a hat tirck!

Hasnt scored a hat trick for us yet, came close last year against charlton and blackburn

Anyway we'll probably win this and march on into december(army season) , ahh damm I got to get the fluk back to work now

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

It has been said before but I feel I have to say it again, December will be crucial. If we go into January still at the summit of the Premiership then we have a great chance.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We'll lose this 5-0.

Thats what they shall be saying on their forum.

Timleaf

Established Member
CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
It has been said before but I feel I have to say it again, December will be crucial. If we go into January still at the summit of the Premiership then we have a great chance.

I actually believe we'll have more of a chance if we're a close second going in to the new year. Psycologically I think it would be better for us to chase than to lead.

And btw I F'N HATE INTERNATIONALS!!!!

Wenger14

Established Member
I can see this game being more similiar to the Bolton one than the Derby one. We'll need to field our best 11 and 3 points is absolutely vital leading into December.

tam1886

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
lagosgooner said:
That's the sort of complacency that leads to dropped points against small teams. Wigan is a more important game than Seville. Start with the strongest team, then rest players once the job is done. In fact this is the sort of game you want to use to boost your goal difference

On a side note, Must say Nadz, you do good work!

I disagree. Look at the team I posted, only 4 players aren't currently in the normal 1st eleven (Walcott, Eduardo, Denilson and Bendtner), and one of them, Denilson, is an enforced change anyway, due to Fabregas' suspension.

I'd argue that Eboue needs to be left out as he has been very poor at right wing, and Theo can do a job there at home just as well as Eboue, if not better imo. And I also think we can easily afford to play 4-4-2 at home against Wigan, and play one of our sub strikers instead of an extra midfielder. And with Eduardo and Bendtner having already played several games together, from what I've seen they link up quite well together, so as a partnership I'd argue they're as good as playing Ade up front instead.
I agree with that. Anyway, it makes more sense to play Walcott in these type of games anyway. He won't be tested as much defensively as he might against the bigger teams and he'll get a good amount of attacking time to further himself.

The only worry is that he plays more and more advanced on the right, and Eduardo drops off on the left and we've got a 4-3-3 with no support for Bendtner or more likely Ade in the middle. Fabregas would usually push on and support but Flamini/Denilson/Diarra might not be there as much. If that did happen the striker might get a bit too isolated and easier to deal with.

Original_AAA

Timleaf said:

AMEN! It is torture to have to watch the boring international games compared to our beloved Arsenal. Let's hope we avoid serious injuries.

Man U faces a tough away game to Bolton while Liverpool are away to Newcastle so this will be an important game to win as it is a real possibility that both those teams can drop points.

Looking forward to this game, I think we can beat them 3-0.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Original_AAA said:
Timleaf said:

AMEN! It is torture to have to watch the boring international games compared to our beloved Arsenal. Let's hope we avoid serious injuries.

Man U faces a tough away game to Bolton while Liverpool are away to Newcastle so this will be an important game to win as it is a real possibility that both those teams can drop points.

Looking forward to this game, I think we can beat them 3-0.

bolton are as tough against manu as charlton are as tough against us.

Jameel46

Established Member
we're through in the CL, so if the boss is going to rest players it should be for the sevilla game. we should go full strengh on this one, or just reast Flamini as we know that there's no real worrys in players filling in that position; and rest cesc, gallas (if senderos is back), clichy, & sagna at sevilla

True Gooner

Established Member
IMO Gilberto should start vs Sevilla, while Denilson should start vs Wigan. Reasonable idea?
Sevilla will put pressure on us and we will have to defend well. Wigan, on the other hand, will sit back and..(you know the story) so we will need creativity and players that will win the ball high up feild.
But the Wigan match should be taken seriously guys, infact, both games should be taken seriously. Id be happy if we get top spot in the Group so that we avoid other group toppers (invariably a big side).
I expect, no, I WANT strong performances in both games. It will give me confidence that the team can cope with injuries to key players

sparky44

Walcott had a fantastic game tonight for the u-21s, I say start him and ade up front against a poor wigan defence and bring on RVP with 20 minutes or so to go. Better yet why not play hleb just behind the top two and have a midfield trio of diaby/gilberto, flamini and rosicky? We can afford to mix it up a bit in this game

Nutsy

Established Member
Fielding our best 11 here is vital. Even if Fabregas is out of the line-up due to suspension. This is one of those games where we have to secure the three points to compensate those draws we might (or in the case we have two already) against the big teams.

For the Sevilla game, perhaps a mix of both first teamers and the second string. Fielding complete second string would destroy us. Don't underestimate Sevilla even if the cnut Ramos isn't there anymore.

Dragon181

true gooner said:
IMO Gilberto should start vs Sevilla, while Denilson should start vs Wigan. Reasonable idea?
Sevilla will put pressure on us and we will have to defend well. Wigan, on the other hand, will sit back and..(you know the story) so we will need creativity and players that will win the ball high up feild.
But the Wigan match should be taken seriously guys, infact, both games should be taken seriously. Id be happy if we get top spot in the Group so that we avoid other group toppers (invariably a big side).
I expect, no, I WANT strong performances in both games. It will give me confidence that the team can cope with injuries to key players

True, but the season is a very long one, and if possible, I'd like to see the mainstays rested a little wherever they can be. For the Wigan game, we can always go back to the 4-4-2 with another striker (finally!) up front and Rozza in the middle. But I'd also like to see some other players get a rest, though I don't think it will happen. I'd like to see Gilberto, Diarra, Diaby et al. get their chances, and the rest of the tireless group of midfielders get some rest.

The Sevilla game would be a luxury to win, but honestly, I could live with a draw or a loss. No matter who we play in the Champions League, if the expectations are to win it, meeting a top side (or two, or three..) are inevitable. Sure, meeting one less Barca or Madrid or Milan would be nice, and make things a bit easier. But if we do meet them, we'll have to beat them to advance. Let's just make things easier for those who might have to play those games by resting them in games that have less meaning now - i.e. Sevilla, Steau, etc. We can afford to.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Eduardo Adebayor
Hleb Rosicky Eboue
Flamini
Clichy Gallas Toure Sagna
Almunia

I'd like to see Rozza in Cesc's position.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom