• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal-Newcastle Player Ratings and Post Match Discussion

Humble Rex

Established Member
You must be joking Klaus!
I know we all have a bit Arsenal tinted glasses on, but that is just a bit rich...

outlaw_member

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Song was our best player today. I'm not sure why he gets so low ratings but I suppose it's one of those trends that has been going on for a while. He was easily better than both Fabregas and Wilshere in midfield - both from a defensive and an attacking point of view - and pretty much the only player except for the centrebacks that did well.

I really don't see how he was better than Wilshere, today. Song offered little to the team, but was one of our better offensive players, whatever that means. Nasri and Wilshere were our best performers, in my opinion.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
It's not about Kos being an Arsenal player, it's about him being sent off on a complete bullshit call.

And for you to call it a bullshit call is what makes your glasses too Arsenal tinted.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I think it's pretty weird too, trying to blame the centrebacks for anything that went wrong today. They barely put a foot wrong. Well Kos got that red card in the last minute but that's not really his fault. He was just subject to some horrible refereeing from Dean.

Thought the defence were decent. The only alarming moments were the two mistakes made by Koscielny. Other then that, Ameobi or Carrol posed very little danger. The goal also came from a set piece in which the culprit who failed to mark was a striker. Squillaci was steady, and Koscielny was slightly weaker.

Yaya

Established Member
fabianski-3
Sagna-4.5
Squillaci-5
Kos-4.5
Clichy-5
Song-5
wilshere-6
cesc-3
walcott-4
chamakh-1.5
Nasri-5.5

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
Klaus Daimler said:
It's not about Kos being an Arsenal player, it's about him being sent off on a complete bullshit call.

And for you to call it a bullshit call is what makes your glasses too Arsenal tinted.
:lol: I've stated why I don't think it's a sending off already, and that reason wasn't "Dean has no business sending off our players!". Find someone else to wind up. I'm really not in the mood today.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Jack was one of the few Arsenal players who can come out of that with his head held high. He's been one of our best performers this season. Such a talent; such a fighter.

I'm not going to mention all those who had bad games - there's simply far too many of them. Really, really bad day at the office, and I'm struggling to find reasons why.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Kos definitely has his flaws.

His two best displays for us have been in the CC, struggled in numerous league games though. He reads the game quite well and is good with the ball at his feet but against power and pace he has problems.

sabret00the

Established Member
Something like this:

Fabianski 6

Sagna 5
Squillaci 6
Koscielny 5
Clichy 5

Wilshere 7
Song 7
Cesc 4

Walcott 6
Chamakh 3
Nasri 6

yuvken

Established Member
Very sad.
I didn't see this one coming at all. Actually thought this was our best opportunity to break forward: cesc-Jack-song, returning VP and TV, Theo and Bender getting in.

I thought, until today, we could turn this into a great season.

Don't know what I was thinking.

WBA was maybe a fluke. This wasn't. There's something profoundly wrong

What with Cesc? terrible. really poor. It looked like it's something beyond his form, like it was someone else.

Black november all over again? If we lose next weekend, this would be one of the worst.

sabret00the

Established Member
russkiegooner said:
sabret00the said:
Something like this:

Fabianski 6

Please, reassure me, Sabre, this must be a mistake. Fabianski is one of our best performers tonight? :)

It's not about being one of our best performers but he was far from the worse. Yes he certainly made a costly mistake in not coming for the ball aggressively enough, but the other option was a free header on goal with the chance of some follow-up action. He made the right decision to come and his distribution was pretty much impeccable for the rest of the game.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Just cooled down enough to do the ratings.

Fabianski 5
Sagna 5
Squillaci 6
Koscielny 5
Clichy 5
Wilshere 6
Song 6
Cesc 4
Walcott 4
Chamakh 4
Nasri 5

Arshavin 6
Bendtner 5
RVP 5

There is light

Nasri should not have been taken off i thought, also cannot understand why wilshere was taken off and song was not.
Desperately trying to erase this match from my memory, cesc has had two of his worst games at the club in succession now, don't know wtf is wrong.

GaelForce22

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Something like this:

Fabianski 6

Sagna 5
Squillaci 6
Koscielny 5
Clichy 5

Wilshere 7
Song 7
Cesc 4

Walcott 6
Chamakh 3
Nasri 6
I'd agree with that. Wasn't Fabianski's fault we didn't win the game.

fabo

6.51 / 10
:lol: did people not see two of Fabianski's attempts at starting attacks.....gave one to Jack in a ludicrous area and one to Sagna (I think) which put us under pressure immediately.

He had little to do and cost us a goal.

Poor display.

hesham

Established Member
Attack was toothless today.
Theo, Cesc & Chamakh were rubbish. There rest were good but couldnt carry them... cant also believe that Nasri got taken off, he was easily our best attackinbg player in the 1st half & with Cesc in poor form was providing some much needed fluidity. we need cesc to find his for asap or not play if he is feeling his hamstring... Chamakh & Theo were invisible and couldnt handle the pressure put on them from Newcastle... shame really because we dominated the game from start to finish.

Arshavin was a real threat when he came on and should probably have started in hindsight & :lol: at Songs ratings just because its the 'in' thing to do now

Rorz

Established Member
fabo said:
:lol: did people not see two of Fabianski's attempts at starting attacks.....gave one to Jack in a ludicrous area and one to Sagna (I think) which put us under pressure immediately.

He had little to do and cost us a goal.

Poor display.
Yeah, he was a bit shaky today I thought. He needs to have a strong game midweek to get back on top of things or he might crumble.

I find it hard to blame us losing the match on his performance though. He cost us a goal but we were completely and utterly toothless in attack today, we didn't deserve to score.

gunnerGH

Established Member
i found Chamakhs touch absolutely shocking today. RVP back asap and get him workin on that touch

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom