• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal-Newcastle Player Ratings and Post Match Discussion

fabo

6.51 / 10
sabret00the said:
He attempted to play it short to our players rather than boot it long and risk losing it in an aerial batter. good forbid that professional players be forced to play it out with the opposition present. The Jack one was close but Jack stepped up and played it out successfully.

And then Jack turned around to him with a look as if to say 'What the hell are you giving it to me there with 3 men around me!'.

Maybe Fabianski was shot after the error.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I won't bother to make the ratings as most were rubbish.

Cesc is in worryingly poor form. That semi chance in first half was begging for him to shoot at first, rather than taking one extra step which allowed Krul to cover his near post.

Why Wenger decided to shuffle Nasri from his best position in RW in order to accomodate Theo still baffles me. I hate joining the "one trick pony bandwagon", but besides that second half shot, Theo offered absolutely nothing and should have been taken off for Arshavin, so Nasri moves to the RW and Arshavin stays left.

Wenger is more of a reactive than proactive thinker these days.

Wenger also wasted a substitution by bringing an unfit RvP, when Rosicky for Theo could have brought more dangerous passes to our attack.

And we were absolutely ****e at taking corners. Last time I know we scored was Squillaci at Belgrade and before that I guess it was big Sol at Porto from Rosicky assist.

I Guardian chalkboards, I noticed we had 11 corners from which only one (taken from Wilshere) was successful.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create</a>

There are some interesting stats in there.

Among them Kos had a 100% pass rate :roll: and Bendtner had only one successful pass from the total of two. That successful pass was from a throw in. :D

Lukazan

Established Member
Biggus said:
Chamakh- Down 0-1 I know, take off Chamakh.
Wenger you turnip.

Bendtner- Down 0-1 I know, take off Chamakh and put on Bendtner.
Wenger you turnip.

I don't get it? You're acting like Chamakh is Henry and Bendtner is Francis Jeffers or something, when infact Chamakh and Bendtner are very similar or atleast have the same strengths and weaknesses. I personally rate Bendtner higher.

Chamakh was absolutely dire yesterday and rightly pulled off. They guy couldn't even control the ball.

diaby-is-god

I'm going to put it down to tiredness on Chmakhs part, he has been an absolute workhouse for us this seaso, and his goals and assists tally isn't bad, still considering the donkey work he does for the team. Oh and is it true Abou is out for the season...I heard it somehwere.

Lukazan

Established Member
Dunno about the whole season, but from what Wenger said it doesn't seem too good. I'd guess he might not be back before next year.

sabret00the

Established Member
I'm not sure why all the fuss really. Diaby could be out four years, we could have a Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta in our midfield (all at their individual primes), us on an unbeaten streak about to rival that of the Invincibles and Diaby would still gallop back into starting berth.

Biggus

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Biggus said:
Chamakh- Down 0-1 I know, take off Chamakh.
Wenger you turnip.

Bendtner- Down 0-1 I know, take off Chamakh and put on Bendtner.
Wenger you turnip.

I don't get it? You're acting like Chamakh is Henry and Bendtner is Francis Jeffers or something, when infact Chamakh and Bendtner are very similar or atleast have the same strengths and weaknesses. I personally rate Bendtner higher.

Chamakh was absolutely dire yesterday and rightly pulled off. They guy couldn't even control the ball.
Not at all Luka, I rate both Chak and Bendy who is his natural replacement.
So if he was tired why was a clearly not fit RvP put on? Wenger belatedly recognised his error and eventually put Bendtner on.

Lukazan

Established Member
Ah I see, sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were unhappy Bendtner was brought on and Chamakh was taken off due to their being a gap in their quality.

Wenger should never have taken off Wilshere either. Wilshere wasn't spectacular on Sunday but he was the only one of our midfielders who was consistently able to pick the ball up, keep it and pop it off to someone else. I can't get over how dire most of our players were on Sunday. It was a horror-show. Once Wilshere went off we just fell apart.

Biggus

Established Member
Yeah, as I said it looked like Wilshere and Sagna were the only ones that cared enough......

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom