• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Team of the Century

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Yeah Pires in for Özil and I'm good.

Not sure if I would replace Bergkamp with Sanchez, Denis has a bigger reputation but Sanchez was a better player in this century

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah Pires in for Özil and I'm good.

Not sure if I would replace Bergkamp with Sanchez, Denis has a bigger reputation but Sanchez was a better player in this century

Yeah Sanchez definitely deserves a nod as well.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Pires for Özil like others have said and it's pretty spot on I think. Not even sure Özil would be 2nd choice in that position either tbh.

If we're leaning more towards peak seasons vs. body of work, you might be able to make arguments for RVP over Bergkamp, but Bergkamp obviously crushes him outside that one insane season.

Reckon there isn't much between White and Sagna either tbh, Sagna just has more minutes in the shirt. I rate both but they have very similar strength and weaknesses as RBs I think. A couple of seasons more with White starting at RB and a trophy in the bag and he probably gets in that team.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Leaving Ljungberg and Lauren out is pretty crazy, those guys were top players in our best ever team (2001-2005) both super underrated and more than deserve their spots over Saka and Sagna (Bukayo has a way to go to be as good/decisive for us as Freddie was, Bac is very unlucky but do prefer Ralph all round)

Pires not being in is a complete piss take though, what the **** is that about 😅

Toure for Saliba
Toure over Saliba as well.

7873e5a1bf59531872fd16d7653a9711.jpg

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Leaving Ljungberg and Lauren out is pretty crazy, those guys were top players in our best ever team (2001-2005) both super underrated and more than deserve their spots over Saka and Sagna (Bukayo has a way to go to be as good/decisive for us as Freddie was, Bac is very unlucky but do prefer Ralph all round)

Pires not being in is a complete piss take though, what the **** is that about 😅

Actually your right, I didn't notice Sagna there tbh. Always preferred Lauren myself. As good as Bac defensively whilst much better going forward. Ljungberg a tad underrated on the whole, fantastic in the 2002 season.

I feel like he's the easiest upgrade though when you've got the likes of Özil and Sanchez available.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Yeah Toure was dope I still remember. Could play anywhere on the pitch really and won't complain, Arteta would have loved him.

Slotting in Özil at left wing and no Pires is laughable, tell me you've never seen our Highbury era without telling me :lol:

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Pires
Bergkamp
Henry
Vieira
Fabregas
Saka
Campbell
Lehmann
Cole
Sagna

Probably put Saliba in there for recency bias, maybe White if we win the league this season.

Bucephalus

Not surprised the anti-Giroud brigade invokes people like Farage. It is indicative of the kind of people we are dealing with here. If General Franco was alive, he'd be anti-Giroud. Giroud is the type of player Nelson Mandela would cheer.
Obviously Giroud doesn't sniff the starting XI. But if we're building squad of the century, not team of the century, he wouldn't be a bad shout for the "come on in the 75+ minute when we've struggled all day to break down a low block and started resorting to lumping in crosses" role.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom