• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Team of the Century

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Ljungberg was too clutch in too many of our big away games to be dropped by Saka who went missing in two back to back run ins during the business end of the season (top 4 bottling season/Title run in).

Saka needs to do more before he can drop Ljungberg.

Has Saka performed well vs City at the Etihad? nope

Has Saka performed well vs Liverpool at Anfield ? nope

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
For the greatest Arsenal team of all time, I think the team picks itself except for RB position in which you can make a strong case for any of Dixon, Lauren and Sagna.

GK: Seamen
RB: ?
CB: Adams
CB: Campbell
LB: Cole
RW: Saka
CM: Vieira
CM: Fabregas
LW: Pires
CF: Bergkamp
CF: Henry

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saka in a team of the century? I think he’s got some way to go for that title.

Shocking lack of Gilberto here. He along with Vieira and Fabregas make the midfield three.

Buhry

Established Member

Pires over Özil for sure. Özil had his good moments but Pires is an Arsenal legend and one of the best players in our best ever team.

Also agree with GDeep that you'd look for a way to slot someone like Alexis or RVP in there instead of saka, he is not at that level.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I rate Gilberto very highly but it has to be Cesc. Cesc in his prime got 15 goals and 13 assists in the league in 1 season, 3 goals and 19 assists the season prior and 8 goals and 14 assists the season prior to that. Cesc absolutely dicatated games and was was consistently brilliant for us during his time here. In particular remember bossing Vieira Juventus, and shining against Madrid as we knocked both out.

People saying Saka should not make the team but are suggesting non RWs for him instead? This isn't a Garth crooks team of the week with 8 left wingers in the 11. It's the best RW, so it between Saka and Freddie and I would choose Saka.

Last edited:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The nostalgia bias in here is nuts.

I loved Freddie but let’s be real, Saka is a better player. If you guys are resorting to arguments about xClutch then you know you just chatting right? Unpopular opinion here but that team underachieved on the whole so idk where these clutch ideas come from.

Hell I’d argue Martinelli after another year should probably make the team ahead of Freddie (I know different sides blah blah)

People forget that Freddie played with absolute geniuses on the pitch. He was a good player but Bergkamp made him look great.

Bergkamp would make Martinelli look like a Balon d’or contender fs.

The rest of the side is the invincibles for me but with Cesc instead of Silva. Sagna vs Lauren is splitting hairs a bit but I go Lauren for the aura.

Tnegs

The invincibles with Cesc for Gilberto and Sanchez for Ljungberg. Tough for Gilberto to miss out but Cesc single handedly carried this team for years and he was unfortunate to have come into that great team at the end of its cycle.

Sulosky

-----------Lehmann-------------
Dixon-Adams-Campbell-A.Cole
---------------Vieira------------
----------Fabregas--Pires------
Bergkamp---RVP----Henry-----

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I loved Freddie but let’s be real, Saka is a better player. If you guys are resorting to arguments about xClutch then you know you just chatting right? Unpopular opinion here but that team underachieved on the whole so idk where these clutch ideas come from.
6g, 2a in his last six appearances in 01/02 was pretty clutch?

The issue is whether you’re arguing the better player vs the better body of work.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Lehmann
Sagna
Cole
Campbell
Touré
Vieira
Fabregas
Ljungberg
Pires
Van Persie
Henry

RVP has the greater body of work in the 21st century compared to Bergkamp. Bergkamp is superior if you include the 90s though. Saka will overtake Ljungberg pretty soon, just needs another great season. Saliba doesn't have the body of work yet.

Sulosky

RVP has the greater body of work in the 21st century compared to Bergkamp. Bergkamp is superior if you include the 90s though. Saka will overtake Ljungberg pretty soon, just needs another great season.

I'm so sorry ;)
CzU3.gif

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom