• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Team of the Century

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
6g, 2a in his last six appearances in 01/02 was pretty clutch?

The issue is whether you’re arguing the better player vs the better body of work.
Freddie has a real shout at being POTS in a double winning season and that was while playing with prime Henry. The disrespect to him here, yes he played with geniuses but he dragged them to glory that year not the other way round.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The right answer...

Lehmann
Lauren-Campbell-Toure-Cole
Vieira-Gilberto
Ljungberg-Fabregas-Pires
Henry
Notes...

1. Bergkamp is in the team of the century before, not this current one.

2. Saliba has it in him to replace Toure at some point, but it won't be easy at all...we will need to start winning trophies (in Kolo's time we went Invincible and got to a Champions League final, put some respect on his name!) plus Toure did it consistently at the highest level, in that Champions League run (when Kolo was carrying the back four on his own due to injuries) he was pocketing all the top forwards in Europe in some of the best centre back displays I have ever seen.

3. Sanchez could get in for Freddie if it includes what they were doing for their national teams when Arsenal players, as he was the star as Chile won their only silverware while at The Arse...Saka or Martinelli could get in this spot in the future too, but see point 2 on how difficult it will be for them (Freddie and Alexis were demons on the pitch for us)

4. Lauren over Sagna is probably the hardest call, but Ralph doing it at the top level for us rightly gives him the edge... doing it during title wins is the hardest thing in the sport and should be appreciated the most, especially for a club as big/successful as ours.

outlawz

Sanchez, Cazorla, or RvP over Saka.

Saka simply not at those levels.
I like Saka but he's a bum compared to those three.

No way he gets in ahead of Ljungberg. I agree it's the Invincibles with notable mentions going to RVP, Cesc, Alexis and Özil.

From the current lot, there isn't a stand out player for me. The team is very good, but I don't think we have a bonafide star. Saka, Martinelli, Saliba and Ødegaard could be that, but they still have to be more consistent and have a long road to go.

LuanNguyen

There is a very solid Sagna on the right , so I will choose Nacho instead of Cole to help us attack better.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The right answer...

Lehmann
Lauren-Campbell-Toure-Cole
Vieira-Gilberto
Ljungberg-Fabregas-Pires
Henry
Notes...

1. Bergkamp is in the team of the century before, not this current one.

2. Saliba has it in him to replace Toure at some point, but it won't be easy at all...we will need to start winning trophies (in Kolo's time we went Invincible and got to a Champions League final, put some respect on his name!) plus Toure did it consistently at the highest level, in that Champions League run (when Kolo was carrying the back four on his own due to injuries) he was pocketing all the top forwards in Europe in some of the best centre back displays I have ever seen.

3. Sanchez could get in for Freddie if it includes what they were doing for their national teams when Arsenal players, as he was the star as Chile won their only silverware while at The Arse...Saka or Martinelli could get in this spot in the future too, but see point 2 on how difficult it will be for them (Freddie and Alexis were demons on the pitch for us)

4. Lauren over Sagna is probably the hardest call, but Ralph doing it at the top level for us rightly gives him the edge... doing it during title wins is the hardest thing in the sport and should be appreciated the most, especially for a club as big/successful as ours.

What would be our team of the previous century anyway?

Seaman
Dixon-Adams-McClintock-Winterburn
Vieira-Rocastle
Merson-Bergkamp-Brady
Wright​

...I have no idea about how good or even what formation to use to even begin of thinking how to get our great 1930s players in it 😅

GDeep™

League is very weak
I like Saka but he's a *** compared to those three.

No way he gets in ahead of Ljungberg. I agree it's the Invincibles with notable mentions going to RVP, Cesc, Alexis and Özil.

From the current lot, there isn't a stand out player for me. The team is very good, but I don't think we have a bonafide star. Saka, Martinelli, Saliba and Ødegaard could be that, but they still have to be more consistent and have a long road to go.
Saliba, Saka and Martinelli are the potential stars. Saka and Martinelli for their age are very productive and probably better than most in their positions, in the league.

The debate doesn’t look good for any current Arsenal players when names like Özil and RvP start getting mentioned. Players of exceptional ability who operated at the elite level from a young age.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Still can’t get over the fact that someone tried to slip Özil in that eleven. Even before Sanchez. Jesus Christ

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
What would be our team of the previous century anyway?

Seaman
Dixon-Adams-McClintock-Winterburn
Vieira-Rocastle
Merson-Bergkamp-Brady
Wright​

...I have no idea about how good or even what formation to use to even begin of thinking how to get our great 1930s players in it 😅

Feel like David O Leary deserves a spot…

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐
Trusted ⭐

Pires for Özil
Toure for Saliba

Midfield is unrealistic but would let it rock.

Don't forget Lauren for Sagna. I've a lot of time for Bacari, but Lauren was phenomenal in attack & defence. Ice cold veins to take that penalty at the death against Sp**s in the run-in back in 2002.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That midfield is getting absolutely shredded on the counter :lol:

You’d have to put Partey, Arteta, Xhaka or even Rice in there for balance ahead of MO.

Sagna 2013/14 and even Bellerin before the injuries in ahead of White. Koscielny doesn’t deserve to be in there ahead of Gabriel.

Also Ramsdale ahead of Leno or even Szczesny? Not for me.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
That midfield is getting absolutely shredded on the counter :lol:

You’d have to put Partey, Arteta, Xhaka or even Rice in there for balance ahead of MO.

Sagna 2013/14 and even Bellerin before the injuries in ahead of White. Koscielny doesn’t deserve to be in there ahead of Gabriel.

Also Ramsdale ahead of Leno or even Szczesny? Not for me.

I think I’d rather have Özil than Ødegaard if we can pick Rice. With the defensive cover he brings I feel like you’re better off with the pure offensive ability of Özil where frankly he far surpasses Ødegaard.

Rice / Özil/ Cazorla would make me weak at the knees fs.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think I’d rather have Özil than Ødegaard if we can pick Rice. With the defensive cover he brings I feel like you’re better off with the pure offensive ability of Özil where frankly he far surpasses Ødegaard.

Rice / Özil/ Cazorla would make me weak at the knees fs.

Oh yeah the MO I meant was Ødegaard lol.

Weird how they’re both MO.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom