• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v. AC Milan, Emirates Cup, Sat 31st July 16:20

ricky1985

Established Member
M+D said:
Another point I forgot to make about yesterday's game is that Rosicky really does slow the game down far too much at times, there was plenty of movement ahead of him yesterday but he often chooses the safe option despite several opportunities to play a ball in behind the defence.
Whenever he tried to pass the ball forward he failed. He offers so very little to the team these days. A few flicks here and there is just not good enough.

ricky1985

Established Member
Burnwinter said:
Koscielny looks like he might be the goods doesn't he? The exciting thing about that for me is that if he and Vermaelen do work out as a combination, they're very close in age, and at similar stages of their careers, and both still have years ahead of them.

I would love us to have a central partnership that lasted five or so years, or even three or four. It would help us immeasurably in terms of composure and understanding.
That's why I've been excited about it. I think they will make a great partnership, once they work out the details of who does what and how they go about their roles individually.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Ron Burgundy said:
Gurgen said:
Some of Nasri's dribbling was out of this world. His ball control is really amazing.
I reckon he's our most comfortable player with the ball at his feet.
The turn with his heel right before playing the ball to a free Rosicky in front of goal was world class.
I think he did it to Nesta, which makes it all the more impressive.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Only once or twice did Nasri really penetrate with his dribbling which I suppose was more than usual. What he produces is Hleb like in a way in that he can protect the ball in tight spaces and find a pass at the end of it. What I hope for is more in the way of dribbling that takes defenders out of the game by getting in behind them. There were little glimpses that he maybe (I emphasise maybe) has the extra power needed to do that.

Lukazan

Established Member
I've been critical of Nasri in the past but he was great when he came on today and yesterday I was at the game and he was brilliant all day long. Really enjoyed his performance.

Got a feeling he's gonna have a great season.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom