• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Celtic, UEFA Champions Lg., 26th Aug - 19:45 (ITV)

alboots101

Established Member
dirty foreign cheaters......?

Rod Marsh......nuff said.

its about time one went our way, other than that we were a class above, its good seeing the squad players coming in and being at least adequate or a bit more.

we would have poo`ed our pants last season with that midfield.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
number_0 said:
qs said:
Are you going to enlighten us or is that it?

About?
I've seen eduardo dive about 3-4 times before today.
I am not calling him a cheat, because I also saw him hold the ball a million times inside the box.
Eduardo is an inteligent player and what he did was totally wrong however.

What makes me sick are the people defending him saying its because he just came back from a horrific injury.
Prove? This is baseless accusation

Lancelot

Established Member

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Would be so much easier if it was EBoue that dived! We'd just let the wolves have him!

I just want to reiterate what a fantastic perfromance he put in last night. One of his best in an Arsenal shirt IMO, certainly in an offensive position. It was sparky, inventive, energetic and cheeky at the same time capped with a fantastic goal.

Referring to Eduardo or Eboue? If Eboue, I completely agree with your assessment, he was something last night.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Lancelot said:
Clrnc said:
number_0 said:
What makes me sick are the people defending him saying its because he just came back from a horrific injury.
From Le Prof himself:

"I believe it was not a penalty but I'm not sure if the keeper touched him. Eduardo might be a bit cautious because of the injury that he had. He might have jumped out of the way."
:x

Yes, Yes.. Who would have guessed? lets drop the "bu..bu..but what about his horrific injury? surely he wasn't aiming for it! the goalkeeper just sneezed and he thought it was his knee!" Just come out and say sorry ffs, and lets move on.

KY

Established Member
One thing about arshavins goal, or rather his celebrations:

Was it just me, or did it seem like nobody came to celebrate it with him? like he was looking for someone to celebrate with but no one came and only much later did some fellas come and high five him...

Is he really that unpopular?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Lancelot said:
Clrnc said:
number_0 said:
From Le Prof himself:

"I believe it was not a penalty but I'm not sure if the keeper touched him. Eduardo might be a bit cautious because of the injury that he had. He might have jumped out of the way."
:x
I was referring to him accusing Eduardo of diving many times.

Wenger made alot of sense, it might really be that case. But whatever the real reason, a dive is a dive.

patrick42uk

Established Member
NIPOLOPO said:
patrick42uk said:
Would be so much easier if it was EBoue that dived! We'd just let the wolves have him!

I just want to reiterate what a fantastic perfromance he put in last night. One of his best in an Arsenal shirt IMO, certainly in an offensive position. It was sparky, inventive, energetic and cheeky at the same time capped with a fantastic goal.

Referring to Eduardo or Eboue? If Eboue, I completely agree with your assessment, he was something last night.

Yeah Eboue. Its a shame the whole Eduardo thing is clouding what a revalation Eboue was last night.

On Arshavin's celebration. I wish he would have gone to Ramsey and thanked him for the assist. But yeah the celebrations were weird. It wouldnt surprise me if some of the younger players find it hard to relate with him. You can see that he has a rapport with the likes of Eduardo, Cesc and Rosicky though. Personally, if I was 21-22 and had the chance to play with/train with Arshavin I'd worship the guy. Another terrific performance yesterday. The guy oozes class and quality.

Proof

Established Member
@KY
I think you read too much into it. I also noticed that, but I don't think that is something tense in the dressing room, between him and his team-mates. Especially now, when we can't stop winning.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
KY said:
One thing about arshavins goal, or rather his celebrations:

Was it just me, or did it seem like nobody came to celebrate it with him? like he was looking for someone to celebrate with but no one came and only much later did some fellas come and high five him...

Is he really that unpopular?

I don't think it had anything to do with him being unpopular, it might have more to do with the team being somewhat tired and the goal having no real importance on the outcome of the night.

sabret00the

Established Member
banduan said:
Good to see Diaby being nice and simple this match instead of dribbling all over the place.
I said before the match we'd be quite disjointed and that stood true. However, in the back of my head, I expected him to have a blinder and he really never which was a shame.

Anzac

Established Member
A functional performance from us, however IMO we were guilty of getting ahead of the play in possession too often = the mids were getting upfield ahead of the ball out from defence, instead of making themselves available as a passing option.

Other than that well done to Eboue as a CM - so glad he didn't get the wing forward role, but also please with the performance he put in.

Gurgen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:

Eboue was great, probably his best performance in an Arsenal shirt as an attacking player.

I felt Denilson, Gallas and Vermaelen were also excellent. Rest of them were fairly pedestrian. Diaby and Bendtner were atrocious, the one move they did execute well we scored a goal.

Lancelot

Established Member
Clrnc said:
I was referring to him accusing Eduardo of diving many times.
LoL, my bad then, mate.

And FWIW, it wouldn't surprise me that much if Eduardo did actually dive on many occasions prior to yesterday's match. He is a cunning fox in the box, after all. :twisted:

kel varnsen

Established Member
Illusion said:
qs said:
I agree with everything you've said there Illusion. All these f****g pundits get all high and mighty when its someone like Eduardo or Pires but they wont say a f****g word when its Gerrard or Rooney, MOTD regularly edit out their dives FFS. And then they give it all the "we need to cut this out of the game", "why are FIFA still letting it go on" bollox. Why are they still allowing English players to do it without any criticism.

This is why I love Arsenal, our club has class and so do our fans.

We are happy for anything that makes the game fairer and stamps out cheating, dirty tackles, professional fouls and bias/manipulation of match officials.

We are happy for these things because we want to win fairly and we are more often than not on the receiving end of the cheating.

really? it seem to me arsenal fans are just as clueless and classless as every other set of fans. if you read the comments here on mania, most fans seem to accept eduardo's cheating. they defend it with "everyone else is doing it" or "there was contact" or "eduardo is such a nice guy" or "who can blame him, he was injured for such a long time" etc etc.

only a few arsenal fans here on mania have stated things as they really are. eduardo cheated and it was a disgrace to both arsenal and football in general.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
I know the goal will do more good to Eduardo then whatever the f*ing media rants about. He is a big boy and he can handle it, the goal will continue to build up his confidence. So anything good for Eduardo is good for Arsenal.

Its a dive..nearly everyplayers at some point does it some more than others. We been burnt too many times from the 'dives'. I wish this had happend in the CL semis or something. No apologies.

kel varnsen

Established Member
patrick42uk said:

very true. when eboue dived last season, he was pretty much crucified here on mania.

...but when eduardo does it, it's not such a big deal. different people, different standards. pathetic.

ultradoc

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
patrick42uk said:

very true. when eboue dived last season, he was pretty much crucified here on mania.

...but when eduardo does it, it's not such a big deal. different people, different standards. pathetic.

Eboue looked to dive a lot and also was hysterical in his reactions after a dive-minimal contact would shatter his bones and some aneurysm burst in his head.Plus his football sucked too.
Totally different to eduardo who has done it, and I don't think he appealed for it. It's just not the same. Eboue had similar theatrics y`day at one point where I thought he dislocated his hip or something(the hip joint is pretty strong, mind you).
It's the first time eduardo's done it and clubbing him with people like gerrard/ronaldo who do it so clearly and to earn fouls from them...nonsense.
Must be cool though,criticizing your player and fans.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom