• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Celtic, UEFA Champions Lg., 26th Aug - 19:45 (ITV)

Nela

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Our Celtic performace owed to Fabregas's absence more than anything. Diaby and Bendtner are something else, but a Song-Denilson-Cesc trio has worked very well. Nasri or Rosicky would definitely add another dimension to the midfield, but my worry is that it's going to come at the expense of Cesc's freedom.
Wenger has already said that Cesc's role in our 4-3-3 depends on who else is playing in midfield. He specifically said that with Denilson-Song he has more freedom, but if Diaby plays, Cesc will be more defensive.

fabo

6.51 / 10
outlaw_member said:
sabret00the said:
It was a lot like that wasn't it, was actually quite beautiful.

It's great to see him play at moment. Without being tasked with either the main defensive or offensive duties, he can go about playing his own game contributing on both ends of the pitch. I think the current balance we have is absolutely perfect, with Song as the shield, Denilson as the link and Cesc as the creator. Things could get pretty complexed if it's Nasri alongside Cesc instead, but obviously it has the potential to be even better.

Don't think it will harm the team at all. Cesc's role is quite offensive but he is putting in alot of work also, and sometimes pops up as deep as Song. What this midfield lacks is a consistent ball-carrier to give us quick transitions from midfield to attack, especially in tight games when the game is squeezed. Nasri/Rosicky can both do that and also work very hard. I think over a long stretch we are too reliant on Cesc creatively so the addition of another quality midfielder can only help IMO, even if it increases Song's workload slightly(debatable).

Though the balance with Cesc/Song/Denilson has looked pretty good.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Being one of Denilson's biggest critics I have to admit he was brilliant yesterday. If he can continue such level of performance I won't have an issue with him starting.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom