• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelsea, Sunday December 16, 4pm.

sparky44

Biggus said:
Asterix said:
What I meant was, if we had faced a full strength Chelsea at Stamford Bridgski without van Persie, Flamini, Gallas and Touré and not lost, then we'd have felt pretty pleased with ourselves.

Yeah- without Essien & Drogba they look half the team.

last season at the bridge we coped pretty well? without some of our most important players - gallas, toure & henry (yeah i know) were all out and we still got a draw and took the lead in the process. so none of that missing players bullshit!

nazo

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Looks like Cesc is looking for his mobile phone.

:lol: nice one.

Also, i find it weird that whenever someone misses a chance, or he misses a chance himself or does something wrong, Bendtner always puts up his hands on his head as if he is about to explode or something :lol: Like that picture up there. Every single time.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Shevchenko leading the line was brilliant.
I cheered and clapped when I saw Tal Ben Hiem come on.

banduan

Established Member
As rough as they may seem, there was nothing too malicious on either Eboue's tackle on JT or Cesc's tackle on Cole.

They were overeager ones and definitely merited yellows, but they were both going for the ball. In Eboue's case it wasn't his actual infringement that injured Terry, it's the fact that he landed on Terry's toes- which can't really control can he?

number_0

Established Member
banduan said:
As rough as they may seem, there was nothing too malicious on either Eboue's tackle on JT or Cesc's tackle on Cole.

They were overeager ones and definitely merited yellows, but they were both going for the ball. In Eboue's case it wasn't his actual infringement that injured Terry, it's the fact that he landed on Terry's toes- which can't really control can he?

the cesc tackle we all know was delibrate, or atleast he didnt go for the ball only.
but the eboue one was not even a tackle, terry put his feet in eboues way who could prevent the contact, and it landed on a very sensitive spot, which made it worse.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Blues striker Salomon Kalou earlier revealed Eboue had apologised to Terry for the challenge which left him on crutches.

'I was saying to Eboue that it was a red card because he did it on purpose - but he denied that,' said Kalou.

'He said he tried to block the ball, and it was not on purpose. He said sorry to John. He didn't mean to do it - to apologise was a nice thing to do.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom