• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelsea, Sunday December 16, 4pm.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Just seen on F365 that fat Fwank pushed one of our ballboys over whilst Eboue was being taken off- anyone see this?

Regarding Eboue, undoubtedly he's a horrible piece of work, but it was great to see him take out the thug Terry- who, as my Sp**s supporting mate observed, was out to injure one of our players from the 1st minute.

Gutted we didn't manage to live up to my wildly optimistic 5-1 prediction, but what a great feeling to beat those f'ckers again. And an added bonus that it was Gallas who scored it.

And Gael Clichy man of the match...

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Gazza Martinez said:
It was a satisfying win in the end, but the first half seems to be symptomatic of how our big games are going, which is a concern for me. As sharply as we can shift the ball in midfield, the games against United and Chelsea have shown that we can be reduced to having almost no shots on goal for a full half of football when we come up against a midfield that works efficinetly in tandem with it's defense.

Mate, any top team when they play against another top team that is mostly focusing on a draw will have a hard time to create chances. You better get used to it..its symptomaatic..its just quality opposition..and there is quality opposition in teams like Manure.Cheslki or in CL. Shots on goals against quality teams happens when you fail to penetrate. We dont have too many shooters..besides RvP. Maybe we should have taken more shots from outside but with Cesc..and chelsea backline closing us down. i dont think the shots will have been that effective. Dont read too much in shots taken. It was a good win..Chelsea are still a good side and playign a midfield of lampard,Obi,Makelele..penetrating was always going to be difficult.

Legend#1

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Just seen on F365 that fat Fwank pushed one of our ballboys over whilst Eboue was being taken off- anyone see this?

Regarding Eboue, undoubtedly he's a horrible piece of work, but it was great to see him take out the thug Terry- who, as my Sp**s supporting mate observed, was out to injure one of our players from the 1st minute.

Gutted we didn't manage to live up to my wildly optimistic 5-1 prediction, but what a great feeling to beat those f'ckers again. And an added bonus that it was Gallas who scored it.

And Gael Clichy man of the match...

No, I saw it, purely accidental.

When Fwank turned to throw the ball, his flabby child bearing hips just swung and hit the ball boy.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
We also kept a clean sheet for the first time in about 4 matches

Rightttt, the happiness died out yesterday, this match was more about justice to me and of course winning

But justice turned out to be much more sweeter

Lets get this blackburn thread hooked up

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What really impressed me yesterday was they way that our midfielders and defenders shut down Joe Cole and Lampard , especially Cole who has given us a torrid time in the past.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, good thing.. if we hadnt, we wouldnt have won... good to keep one against another top 4 club too...

(although, to be fair, this was the first match in quite a while with almost our whole first team available)

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
All our retuning players lost their energy towards the last ten minutes but we showed persistance and character to pull out the vital win

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
yeah, Cesc especially looked like he ran out of gas in the last 10-15 minutes.. if he was at full strength, he probably would have buried 1 or both of the fantastic chances he had... (both were shot right at Cech)..

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
true, we really wasted alot of chances at the end, so my heart was still in my mouth when chelsea attacks. i was thinking whether our missed chances will come back to haunt us.

i thought the referee was **** yesterday, i don't think any of our tackles deserved red, neither do i actually think terry deserved red. but cole does deserve red for that punch on cesc.

Biggus

Established Member
Asterix said:
What I meant was, if we had faced a full strength Chelsea at Stamford Bridgski without van Persie, Flamini, Gallas and Touré and not lost, then we'd have felt pretty pleased with ourselves.

Yeah- without Essien & Drogba they look half the team.

number_0

Established Member
can someone explain to me why the eboue foul on terry was a yellow card, i dont think eboue was the player who stuck his foot in, it was terry, and i thought he landed it awkardly, no yellow card for me....

and credits to the boys, after the first 15 minutes we knew we wont have things played our way with the chelsea dirty style and the ref, so we actually started playing DIRTY ourselves, with legs flying everywhere, diving and constant argueing....

this is the first time i see this generation of arsenal ever play dirty, and i am proud of them.

now excuse me i have to read the papers and see why chelsea think they deserved to win that game

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom