• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Chelsea, Sunday December 16, 4pm.

Dragon181

DC Gunner said:
Biggus said:
Apart from the inexplicable decision to deny Ade the second goal.

I have seen the cole on eboue tackle given as a red before, of course the tacklers were not NT players.

same goes for going with 2 feet against a defenseless player on the ground.

Yeah, a good game for the ref my arse, so many fouls [not even close] committed against our players get called against our players for some reason.

Cashely c*nt handling the ball is nothing but 2 seconds later Sagna is called for the foul.

Great observations.
:evil: Every time someone here says good refereeing, I think about when Terry scissor kicks Eboue, and when he tried to take Cesc's face (deliberately, and didn't get sent off). Not to mention J.Cole's tackle on Eboue. A.Cole should have received a 2nd Yellow for retaliating against Cesc and then feigning injury. And of course, for the sake of a little less bias, Eboue could've been sent off for his tackle on Terry. I'm all for a healthy physical game, but this game was getting out of hand, and I thought the referee could have and should have sent off a few players to calm the game down.

I also thought he missed a few smaller calls here and there (handball on Cole, incorrectly saying Ade touched the ball last and giving a goal kick, etc.). And of course, Ade's goal was legit.

famous no 10

Established Member
tristan said:
Two more things:

Probably a product of being a young team, but you guys tried to break our defence with some moves that were far too cute. All those little one-touch passes around the box are nice to look at but Mikel snuffed them out most of the time, and Chelsea went away on the counter. Unfortunately SWP was involved in those counters.

Also, at least we've played the other "Big Four" teams away already. Home matches against Liverpool, United, and you guys are going to be must-wins to get back into the race.

We were slightly off form, and we had players coming back from injury, so we wasn't as fluid as usual, in fact haven't been for 3 or 4 matches, but still enough to occupy your whole midfield and defence, and to rile captain plastic terry into his usual hissy fits...on a "normal" day we would have beaten you 3 or 4 nil yesterday, with the players you had out...you are not the same team at all now, and without drogba and essien look beatable...as you were.

Giga

illmatik said:
Just saw the game and the ref wasn't as bad as people made him out to be, except the Ade goal...one more thing, Ade holds play up too long, he needs to start dribbling more often into the box or look for the pass instead of standing there
I think Adebayor had a good game tbh. He really deserved that goal.

Loving your avatar btw, The Firm >>>> ALL.

Zico

Established Member
A strange game. I was a bit numb at the end, in contrast to my lunatic celebration when Gallas headed past Cech.

The game was spoilt by poor sportsmanship, a lot of it from our side. Cesc, and Eboue would've been red-carded by more impulsive referees, while Adebayor was a danger to himself in the first half.

That said, we showed resilience, fighting spirit, and were able to cut up the Chelsea defence in the second half. We really should've violated Chelsea yesterday by three goals. Such was our ferocity was RVP the MVP came on. Gallas, Almunia, Toure, Fabregas and Adebayor were massive for us.

On Chelsea's side, SWP is a waste of space, and Cashley needs to grow up and focus on fulfilling the promise he showed while at Arsenal. Mikel is a gem. Yesterday he showed why Chelsea and United fought so hard for him. He is going to be a beast of a box-to-box midfielder.

mccroix

quincy42 said:
A strange game. I was a bit numb at the end, in contrast to my lunatic celebration when Gallas headed past Cech.

The game was spoilt by poor sportsmanship, a lot of it from our side. Cesc, and Eboue would've been red-carded by more impulsive referees, while Adebayor was a danger to himself in the first half.

That said, we showed resilience, fighting spirit, and were able to cut up the Chelsea defence in the second half. We really should've violated Chelsea yesterday by three goals. Such was our ferocity was RVP the MVP came on. Gallas, Almunia, Touré, Fabregas and Adebayor were massive for us.

On Chelsea's side, SWP is a waste of space, and Cashley needs to grow up and focus on fulfilling the promise he showed while at Arsenal. Mikel is a gem. Yesterday he showed why Chelsea and United fought so hard for him. He is going to be a beast of a box-to-box midfielder.

good post, that's the way I felt.
Didn't quite realise the final whistle, I still was mad at ****ley..
I loved the way Cesc got into Terry's face..
And that one tackle by Touré was incredible

air

I was hoping for Cole to get ****** up too. I know, I'm a bad person.

But he could have been just a bit more modest, just play the game, I thought he ran his mouth every chance he got.

Look at Gallas, there's class for you.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
It was a satisfying win in the end, but the first half seems to be symptomatic of how our big games are going, which is a concern for me. As sharply as we can shift the ball in midfield, the games against United and Chelsea have shown that we can be reduced to having almost no shots on goal for a full half of football when we come up against a midfield that works efficinetly in tandem with it's defense.

Asterix

Established Member
Biggus said:
Asterix said:
Yeah, fair play tristan. And honestly, with your lot missing Drogba, Essien, Carvalho and then terry, we simply had to win. With those players missing fro Chelsea anything else would have been a moral victory for Chelsea.

I don't know about "moral victories" Asterix. There are only losses, draws and victories. Chel$ki's injuries are no worse than anybodies including our recent horror run, and they are better equipped to deal with them than most clubs. We can only beat whats put in front of us, and we must take our pleasure where we find it. :wink:

Indeed we must, and I took great pleasure from our win, and experienced a fair bit of schadenfraude as well...

What I meant was, if we had faced a full strength Chelsea at Stamford Bridgski without van Persie, Flamini, Gallas and Toure and not lost, then we'd have felt pretty pleased with ourselves.

sabret00the

Established Member
Watched the game late and knowing the result still got sucked in emotionally. celebrating goals by van Persie and Adebayor, not to mention getting all excited by chances and worried by their ones on the other end.

juk380x

I watched the game at a local bar here in Croatia, and everyone was rooting for Arsenal! Everybody loves the way we play :D

It was a dramatic game, especially the last 15 minutes. Man, did we miss Robin! He was great yesterday, if only he'd scored. Ade was doing great, the goal was clean. Our midfield was decent, but the defenders plus Almunia were rock solid. Gallas my MOTM, Clichy was brilliant, Sagna and Toure great. We should've scored more against Alex and Ben-Haim. Shame Dudu wasn't playing, he usually scores when Tal is marking him :lol:

giuliob

Finally went over to RedCafe to see what all the fuss was about....What a waste of time......Is there one intelligent poster over there apart from our guy?

Although I was really pleased to see Arsenal go mano a mano with Chelsea and show the football world that we are a physical team when we need to be, I agree with Quincey about the lack of sportsmanship throughout most of the game......I'll point fingers at Chelsea and ACole for getting out the early artillery and his play against Sagna....That set the tone, and just about everyone joined in.......

IMO JCole is just another whining version of ACole........

As I've said all along, given the nature of the game, the ref did a decent job....No ref sees everything....Every ref makes mistakes.......10 yellow cards...........5 each........He could have easily thrown in a couple of reds on both sides..........

All in all an ugly, intense, and highly entertaining game.......On one level, it reminded me of the the downfall of the Roman (hah!) Empire, the time of gladiators, ferocious battle.......

This group of players stuck together, protected each other like soldiers at war.......They meted out as good if not better than they got...Arsenal has a very feisty strain in its makeup, and you need that in this crazy world of English football........

DC Gunner

Established Member
mrsvanpersie said:
Saw something of interest regarding A. Hole:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1779

:lol:

He was lucky to escape censure when he shoved a hand in Cesc Fabregas's face in the final seconds but nine players still made their way into referee Alan Wiley's notebook.

THE ref saw the incident, so the excuse of not seeing everything is out of the window
but
Yep, the ref had a good match :roll:

Wonder if the F.A. is going to punish him or consider the ref have seen it and deemed non-caution worthy, they would love to wiggle themselves out of punishing an NT player :roll:

I think the only way Terry and Lampard would ever get punished by the league is if they were shoot someone with a gun. :evil:

Gurgen

Established Member
DC Gunner, both Ade and Eboue committed red card offences in the first half, and the ref let them off too.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Gurgen said:
DC Gunner, both Ade and Eboue committed red card offences in the first half, and the ref let them off too.
Eboue's foul was on a player who shouldn't have been on the pitch anymore, so that doesn't count ;)

tam1886

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
Gurgen said:
Eboue's foul was on a player who shouldn't have been on the pitch anymore, so that doesn't count ;)
It was never a red card, in any game. This game just seemed to exaggerate things because of what happened in it. He left his foot in but I don't think it was necessarily a bad tackle, you see them every week. It wasn't as if he stamped down on Terry. Any other game in the premiership season and it was a yellow, but never a red.

DC Gunner

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
Gurgen said:
Exactly, his failure to eject ENGLAND'S captain for a 2 footed slide against on the ground Cesc is a signal to everyone that he is a Muppet.

What about the swing cashley C*nt gave Cesc, was that a red card incident.

If the ref were not biased, he at least have shown himself to be incompetent.

clockwork orange

tam1886 said:
clockwork orange said:
Gurgen said:
It was never a red card, in any game. This game just seemed to exaggerate things because of what happened in it. He left his foot in but I don't think it was necessarily a bad tackle, you see them every week. It wasn't as if he stamped down on Terry. Any other game in the premiership season and it was a yellow, but never a red.
True, still according to the rules it's a red card offence & I think it should be. Don't want any of our players out for a few months because of such a challenge.

clockwork orange

DC Gunner said:
clockwork orange said:
Gurgen said:
Exactly, his failure to eject ENGLAND'S captain for a 2 footed slide against on the ground Cesc is a signal to everyone that he is a Muppet.
Terry's foul was a disgrace. Should have been a 5+ match ban. His intend was clear.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom