• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Fulham : 28/02/09 : 15:00

hesham

Established Member
Games are coming thick and fast. Win is a must.
Will be interesting to see who starts and who is rested for this game.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Probably Nasri will be rested and Diaby will take his place.
Denilson also needs some rest. He's played every league game so far.

I'm going for a 2:0 win for us. RvP and Gallas to score for us. There might be a sending off.

Hopefully not Eboue :)

Feet

If Diaby is fit I'll go with,

Al
Sagna Gallas Toure Clichy
Arsharvin Denilson Diaby Bendtner
RvP Nasri

It worked well against the likes of Roma so I see no reason why we can't spank Fulham with the same line-up minus Eboue.

If Diaby isn't fit,

Eboue Denilson Nasri Bendtner
RvP Arsharvin

Leaves the defence a bit exposed in the middle but against Fulhma I think we can afford to take that risk in pursuit of goals. And goals is what the fans and players need to regain some confidence.

hesham

Established Member
Don't like 451 but without Ade or Edu, i would like to see..

---------------AL----------------
------Sagna-Kolo-Gallas-Gael------
---Denislon------Diaby/Song---------
----Arshavin----Nasri------Vela---
--------------RvP-----------------

OneProudGooner

Established Member
United beat them 3-0 last week this should be a easy 3 points but with us there is never a easy game unless the other team plays poorly.
Fulham's away record in all competitions is quite woeful aswell they've played 17 won 2, drawn 7 and lost 8.
A clear example of their Home record compared to Away record is that they're currently 2nd in the Premiership Home League and 3rd bottom in the Away League.

mccroix

I reckon Nasri and Denilson will get a rest, maybe even Gallas, RvP or Sagna

If Diaby is available:

-----------Almunia------------
-Sagna--Toure--Gallas--Clichy-
------------------------------
--------Song------------------
-Eboue---------Diaby----Arshavin
-------Bendtner--RvP----------

if not

-Sagna---Touré---Gallas--Clichy
---------Song-----------------
-Eboue--------Ramsey/Denilson--Arshavin-
-------------------------------
-------Bendtner---RvP-----------

3-0
2x Arshavin
Eboue

qs

Established Member
makaveli tha don said:
I reckon Nasri and Denilson will get a rest, maybe even Gallas, RvP or Sagna

I don't he'll rest anyone. Nasri maybe, if he think Eboue is building momentum after last night. He definitely wont rest Denilson though, hasn't all season and wont now with our chronic injury list. I think Denilson will be waiting for Cescs return before he gets a rest.

I am fairly worried about the energy of the likes of Denilson and Nasri though. Both worked really hard last night and I think they'll be tired come saturday. I just hope good morale can build some momentum.

Linson

If Diaby is fit he'd go straight into the team. He was awesome against Roma along with Denilson.

-Sagna--Touré--Gallas--Clichy-
-Vela--Denilson---Diaby---Arshavin

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I don't think we'll rest anyone either. Not with Walcott being so close to making a return. It will be possible to rest some tired legs when that happens, but not before. If Eboue can play the way he did last night I'm not worried either way though. As long as he promises to never take another shot on goal.

We'll play a straight 4-4-2, I suspect, with Arshavin and Nasri on the wings, Denilson and Diaby centrally and Bendtner and Robin up front. It should be enough to put two or three past Fulham. I hope that Arshavin bags his first Arsenal goal.

True Gooner

Established Member
Going to be a tough game, we've always struggled after CL games - luckily we're at home so we won't have to worry about jet lag. Plus, we've got 3 days to prepare for it.

I think we should start with the best possible side and try to score early. Once we do that we can relax and rest Denilson, Nasri and RvP

True Gooner

Established Member
qs said:
I am fairly worried about the energy of the likes of Denilson and Nasri though. Both worked really hard last night and I think they'll be tired come saturday. I just hope good morale can build some momentum.

Denilson's stamina - like most aspects of his game - is severly under rated. Remember the Emirates Cup when he played 90 mins against both Real Madrid and Juventus in the space of 24 hours?

taylor314gh

on the plus side for this one Arshavin should be in getting really close to form now, maybe its good for our PL season that he is cup tied.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
0-0?

i know we've struggled in the league lately, but i have a strange feeling we'll do Fulham with comfort... i'm going for 3-1...

M+D

Established Member
True Gooner said:
qs said:

Denilson's stamina - like most aspects of his game - is severly under rated. Remember the Emirates Cup when he played 90 mins against both Real Madrid and Juventus in the space of 24 hours?

Yeah when you think about it, that was an incredible effort.

My team:

---------------- Almunia ---------------
Eboue ---- Gallas ---- Toure ---- Clichy
Arshavin --- Diaby --- Denilson --- Nasri
-------------- RVP - Vela ----------------

tam1886

Established Member
There away record isn't good, but then again neither is our scoring record lately.

I reckon we might see Llamaman come in for Van Persie. Van Persie has to get a rest at some point in the next run of games, theres no way he'll be able to play Fulham(h), WBA(a), Burnley(h) then Roma(a) within two weeks. Roma is the biggest tie of the lot so getting the balance of playing him over the next three is crucial. Perhaps he'll play this game, be rested against WBA and come in for Burnley and Roma. It'll be interesting to see how Wenger balances this with having Arshavin available.

progman07

Established Member
Linson said:
If Diaby is fit he'd go straight into the team. He was awesome against Roma along with Denilson.

-Sagna--Touré--Gallas--Clichy-
-Vela--Denilson---Diaby---Arshavin
that's exactly the team I'd use in case Nasri isn't playing, but then why would Nasri be rested? Did Wenger tell it in an interview?

Kain

Established Member
We cant afford to rest players atall, how can we even think about resting RVP, since Xmas hes basically been the only player to hit the back of the net, resting players is a luxury we simply cant afford it went out the window along with the 3 points we should of picked up against the Hammers and Sunderland.

Fulham like to get the ball down and play it, yet their away form has not been great on the goalscoring front that combined with our recent defensive showings will be good for another cleansheet.

If Arshavin shows anything like what he can do against Sunderland & Diaby is fit we should be looking at 2-0.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom