• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Fulham : 28/02/09 : 15:00

tam1886

Established Member
I know we can't, but we have too. Van Persie isn't going to stand up to all those games well. We need to what we can to allow him the best possible chance of making the most games, and that includes not overusing him. And to be honest, a team with likes of Nasri, Bendtner, Vela, and Arshavin should be able to beat West Brom and Burnley. West Brom are shockingly bad. I'd be seriously worried if we couldn't take advantage of their defense.

Rohit

Established Member
I hope to see a better approach to the game. Waiting for a goal to come won't do us any good. We need to throw caution to the wind, apply pressure and look for a goal right from kick-off.

otfgoon

Established Member
Robin and Nasri can get all the rest they want once we get Eduardo, Ade, Walcott and Rosicky and Cesc back in the side by the end of march, but for now we need them to play, especially Robin.

I would play the same side that played against Sunderland except with Diaby coming on for Song and maybe Vela coming in for Bendtner for some fresh legs.

Unforgiven

Established Member
I rekon Nasri will be rested, he has played so many games. Should be on the bench for the game anyway. We must win this game. I am confident though because even though we played a poor midfield against Roma they passed the ball really well which is what we need. Another game for Arshavin too, hopefully he can at least play about 80 mins of this game.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
you mean the games he played other than when he's been injured? he hasnt played THAT many games.. 27 games and we are 2/3 through the season... we've had people play 50 games a season.. Hleb played 41 games last season, and even missed the last 2-3 for his red card...

dont think he should be rested for this one.. him & Arshavin should start

the dawn raids

Established Member
we cant afford to rest anyone, especially in the league. let them come off if were winning comfortably, but now is certainly not the time for rest. when our injured slowly start coming back then maybe.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Going to be in block 124 for this one. First game in ages.

----------Almunia

Sagna---Gallas---Toure---Clichy

Nasri---Diaby---Denilson---Arshavin

---------RVP---Bendtner/Vela will do the job.

3-0 with Arshavin getting his first goal for the club. Nasri and Bendtner with the others. Hopefully this is us finally turning the corner like we were going to after the Cardiff game or Cesc getting the captaincy, beating Chelsea, beating United....

JazzG

Established Member
Going to be tough to break Fulham down, they are actually one of the best sides defensively in the league so far (4th best defensive record) and apart from that 3-0 thumping they took from Man utd have on the whole been very good defensively as their record suggests.

Need Diaby fit and if he is in the side with Arshavin we should have enough fire power to break them down.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
JazzG said:
Going to be tough to break Fulham down, they are actually one of the best sides defensively in the league so far (4th best defensive record) and apart from that 3-0 thumping they took from Man utd have on the whole been very good defensively as their record suggests.

While true it's mostly thanks to their excellent Home Record although they haven't conceded many away from home they've not got a good record on the road as I've said, also note that they've only scored 3 times away from home!

We will probably concede a goal to someone mediocre like Bobby Zamora

Unforgiven

Established Member
----------Almunia

Sagna---Gallas---Touré---Clichy

Nasri---Diaby---Denilson---Arshavin

---------RVP---Bendtner-------

By far the best formation we could offer and I think it will do a lot of damage. The Denilson/Diaby central partnership proved itself last night, and Nasri and Arshavin on both wings would be great.

outlaw_member

Established Member
hmmm.... I would like the following Father Wenger.

Almunia
Sagna Toure Djourou Clichy
Arshavin Diaby Denilson Bischoff
Bendtner RVP

Yes, Bischoff the legend should play.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
LOL, yeah, the 'Schoff will certainly not be starting any games for us from here on out unless we (touch wood) have an even BIGGER injury crisis than we do now...

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Wouldn't be surprised to see more dropped points. Fulham are more than good enough to stifle us for the full 90 minutes, but they probably aren't good enough to score against us. I hope that Arshavin, Diaby, Nasri and the Perse pull out all the stops. If we play well, we'll win 2-0, maybe 3-0. If we get another typical limp-**** performance after a typical CL performance, we'll see another 0-0.

taylor314gh

OneProudGooner said:
JazzG said:

While true it's mostly thanks to their excellent Home Record although they haven't conceded many away from home they've not got a good record on the road as I've said, also note that they've only scored 3 times away from home!

We will probably concede a goal to someone mediocre like Bobby Zamora

Sneaking in some pessimism on the bottom there?!? :shock:

SamGooner

I think the best/most creative/most fun team we could play would be

------Al------
Sag-Kolo-Gallas-Gael
---Diaby--Denilson--
AA-----Nasri----Vela
-------RvP----------

Even though we do need to rest players like Nasri/Rvp, we can't afford to at the moment. We can rest them for the Burnley game and maybe West Brom
but we can't afford to drop points to Fulham

M+D

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/calf-injury-sidelines-diaby-for-fulham-clash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... lham-clash</a>

So Diaby is probably out, but only for a few days.

Meanwhile, Walcott and Eduardo should be back for Burnley, so thats good news.

qs

Established Member
True Gooner said:
qs said:
I am fairly worried about the energy of the likes of Denilson and Nasri though. Both worked really hard last night and I think they'll be tired come saturday. I just hope good morale can build some momentum.

Denilson's stamina - like most aspects of his game - is severly under rated. Remember the Emirates Cup when he played 90 mins against both Real Madrid and Juventus in the space of 24 hours?

I know but bar the CC, one FA cup and one PL game he's played every game this season, usually for the full 90. Its bound to hit him eventually.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom