• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v. Huddersfield - ratings and discussion

MAK 14

Established Member
Thank goodness for Cesc Fabregas. Has to come on and bail us out AGAIN.

Anyway, we're through - that's the important thing. Hopefully it's just a routine 2-3 weeks on the sidelines for Nasri.

Bossa

Established Member
Almunia 6
Eboué 4
Squillaci 3
Koscielny 6
Gibbs 3
Denilson 1
Diaby 4
Rosicky 5
Arshavin 6
Bendtner 6
Chamakh 3

Fabregas 9

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Thought it was a terrible game myself, tbh.
Where there were events, they were just depressing ones, and the game besides those was a damp squib.

Almunia was Almunia. I won't give him grief but I still hope that was his swansong.
Gibbs had a poor game by his standards, Squallici just reminding us all why he's a last resort. Diaby looked a bit rusty/off the pace as I expected. Arshavin I thought tormented their fullback and did put some good balls in but his confidence to finish is still shot.Good bit of defending I saw once, too. Bendtner was hit and miss, Chamakh not quite involved and unfortunately for him taken off.

MAK 14

Established Member
Denilson was ****ing awful today, by the way. I like him and think he's a good player but his performance today was one of the worst I've seen from him.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Almunia........7...great save

Eboue.......5.....out of position. Runs forward and then gives the ball away.
Squillaci......3.....crap player
Koscielny........5....average
Gibbs..........4.....awful. Not improving at all.

Denilson.........3....awful
Diaby........3....awful
Nasri........n/a
Rosicky.......4

Arshavin........5
Bendtner..........6
Chamakh.........n/a

Fabregas........7....too good for this s**t side.

TheCMT

Established Member
All poor bar Koscienly,Csec, Bendtner and Arshavin (comparing his recent performances put in a decent defensive shift etc.)

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
A poor day at the office but at least we're through. Forget about this ASAP, hope Nasri's alright and focus on Everton on Tuesday.

I would have said credit to Huddersfield but the way we've been playing against lower league opposition this season makes me think it's our own fault that we're struggling so much against weaker sides.

Meatwad

what did arshavin do to deserve more than a 3? miss chances and bad passes which says it all since his only usefulness is end product, but i guess the greatest defensive moment in his life gets him an extra 3 or something. and losing the ball that put his team in a bad position that lead to the series of events with the incompetent denilson's trademark stick ya leg out ole and culminating with the red card for squillaci. yeah good on ya shava.

There is light

We were lucky to win today. Our fullbacks were atrocious, we could never control the game, diaby was rusty, denilson was poor. Squillaci with the moment of madness ruined the game, good that almunia wasn't tested as much or this could have been a pretty awful sunday. Arshavin's getting better and rosicky tried very hard without any end result. One of our worst performances so relieved we got through it.

Didn't appreciate fabregas' reaction when the ref awarded the penalty, that was absolutely needless.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom