• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v. Huddersfield - ratings and discussion

MAK 14

Established Member
Almunia did make that one good save, but overall his positioning wasn't the best. He should have come for the ball on a number of occasions, including the Huddersfield goal.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Almunia 6/10
He made one major save which kept our lead intact.

Eboue 5/10
The guy has the composure and decision making of a child whenever he enters the final third.

Squillaci 4/10
I don't understand it. He's gone from being a solid 6 for the first few months of the season, to becoming a complete liability.

Koscielny 6/10

Gibbs 4/10
Awful performance. Was fortunate to stay on the pitch, and constantly failed to prevent the crosses from his side.

Denilson 4/10
Has the balance of a baby.

Diaby 4/10
Expectedly rusty, but rubbish, all the same.

Rosicky 6/10

Arshavin 6/10
One of his better performances in recent weeks, but it doesn't really say much.

Bendtner 6/10
It's been a long while since I've seen an Arsenal attacker who was so poor with the ball at his feet. Still, he can score goals, though.

Chamakh 5/10
He's looked really desolate, recently. From having played in nearly every game in the first half of the season, he can no longer get a look in. Even when he does play, he's substituted very early. Wenger also seems to trust Bendtner more than him which is damning. His future already looks uncertain to me.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Almunia 4
Eboué 4
Squillaci -2
Koscielny 6
Gibbs 3
Denilson -1
Diaby 4
Rosicky 5
Arshavin 6
Bendtner 6
Chamakh 3

Fabregas 9
Song 6

yuvken

Established Member
Bossa's ratings (though obviously exaggerated - cesc 9? Denilson - 1?) tell the story form wise. I'd also rate Rosicky a bit higher.

Good/Bad:
Arsenal: good - next round. Bad: another team from who knows where comes here and feels immortal. Mentality thing is far, far from mended.
Arsène: Good - bringing Fab on. The protest there was ridiculous.. Bad: Prep for this (mentally). Nas? why? regardless of the injury, it should have been Rosicky from the start. Squillacci. If this wasn't enough, nothing else will do.
Arsha: Good: getting better. Bad: still quite far and inaccurate.
Bendtner: Good: better than Chamakh. tried hard in the first half, and after cesc came on. Bad: too much sloppy stuff.
Almunia: Good: pescosolidesque save. Bad: That he's even here. That dumb decision that he saved to a corner - ??
Diaby: Good - to see him back, in the first half there was even a suggestion he could give us something. Bad: jogging like denilson, and other stuff in that vein.

Other than that: Nas. f***, f***, f*** why did we need that? hope it's not too terrible, but I can't see him play in 2 days.
Gibbs: he's been idolized here, "better than clichy" etc. Well at least recently he is piss poor. Don't deny the talent, but he really needs to snap out of it. played much better in the last 30 minutes, but before that he was abysmal.
If Arsène doen't get cover in the next 48 hours, then despite all the good he has brought, and being vindcated of much blame (the summer GK saga), I'm going to think he is wrong, no matter what the consequences (win the quadruple - I'll still think it was wrong). Squilacci's given him proof that he cannot even be trusted to give DJ a rest when we're home to a third division team. Horrible.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Almunia- 3 His atrocious positioning resulted in a goal
Gibbs- 4 He was allover the place today.
Kos- 6 Had a decent game overall.
Squillaci - 2 Dear o' dear.
Diaby - 5 Rusty
Denilson- 2 Go get bent you little prat.
Rosicky- 6 Had a good game.
Arshavin-5 Better than his recent useless self.
Prince- 6 Just the goal, no other significant contribution.
Chamakh-5 The lad is going through a rough patch right now.

Humble Rex

Established Member
The problem wasn´t that Nasri started. The problem is that we need MORE first XI players on the pitch than today, or we are atrocious as a team.

Wenger´s joke of late that he has 25 players of equal quality - Ha,ha,ha!

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Unimpressed with everyone besides Cesc, Almunia, Arshavin and Koscielny. Nick was all right as well, but his heavy touch almost cost us the match.

arsmile

Established Member
al-7- one great save otherwise good
eboue-5-dangerous runs, some stupid risks
squid-4
kos-6
gibbs-2-might as well not have been there defensively
denilson-4- poor use of the ball, but at least had a semblance of defensive awareness..
diaby-2-i'll give him the benefit of the doubt considering he has been injured for so long...mind you...even when he is fit i fear he is a gangly liability and our squad is stronger when he's injured. i forget what a bad passer he is, what bad decisions he makes, how long it takes him to move the ball on, how he is useless defensively- also, i might be wrong- but i think he was marking the goal scorer- wenger always uses him to mark the dangermen at corners but he is ****e at it.
nasri-5-that's annoying
bendtner-8-'got' both the goals- otherwise good, smart, and dangerous- our only squad player in form
chamakh-3-nothing
arshavin-5- was at least involved today...and made a great tackle too! but the final ball/shot is well off at the mo
rosicky-5
song-6
cesc-8- obviously changed the game...diaby in midfield will not keep the ball well even when he's fit- we just needed a calming presence on the ball because if we got the ball down and played- bendtner and arsh were making the right kind of movements

there were some very very poor individual performances today and it very nearly cost us.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Almunia........6...kept us in it

Eboue.......4.....some good runs in the first half, but an awful defender
Squillaci......2.....Slow, cumbersome and weak in the air. Over commits EVERY time
Koscielny........6....let one guy go completely free for a header, otherwise just about ok
Gibbs..........2.....shocking performance. Playing with fear of injury and not making overlapping runs

Denilson.........1....I actually felt sorry for him. Nothing player.
Diaby........4....did the hard part, messed up the easy part. At least he was positive
Nasri........4 didn't look right from the off. Not surprised he pulled up
Rosicky.......4 tried to force it too much through the middle, but lively

Arshavin........3 his head's completely gone. Needs a goal
Bendtner..........5 terribly inconsistent infront of goal, but showed good awareness at times
Chamakh.........4 lost every 50-50. A passenger for 45minS

Fabregas........6....it wasn't rocket science. He played the ball into space for the forward players to run into. Take note Diaby and Denilson

That was quite seriously one of the worst games I've ever been to at the Emirates. If Wenger thinks we have 18 players all at a similar level, he's wrong. some woeful performances - Gibbs, Squillaci, Eboue and Denilson were biggest culprits. Wenger needs to pull the other one if he's telling me he can't find any defenders out there who can improve on that shower of ****e

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 4
Eboué 5
Squillaci 3
Koscielny 6
Gibbs 5
Denilson 2
Diaby 4
Nasri 5
Arshavin 6
Bendtner 6
Chamakh 3

Rosicky 6
Fabregas 7
Song 6

mrsvanpersie

I actually missed the game, and I've read some of the ratings, but was Chamakh really that bad? He was really up for this game.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Chamakh just really never got involved at all. When him and Bendy both play it causes some conflict in their movement, both trying to run into the same space,etc.

He was then subbed off for Song, so he didn't get more minutes to up his performance.

-Shaun-

I feel some people on here are being harsh on Arshavin today. IMO he deserves at least a 6/7.

Just thank God for Fabregas coming on and completely changing the game. Unbelievable how the guy does it every single time for us. Inspirational.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Btw, how good is Song? Its actually a bit of a concern how much better defensively he is than any othe midfielder in our team.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom