• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Man U CL 2nd Leg May 05, 2009, 19:45

Raider

Established Member

Huge game.

The most important thing going into the game is to grab the ever important goal, but also to keep it tidy, as an away goal could potential cripple us.

Tonights 1-0 loss could have been a lot worse had it not been for miss placed attempts on the attackers parts, and also due to some heroic saves from our ever growing number 1, Almunia.

I'm sure as hell it will be another dramatic night of football.

The first thing to realise it that both squads are great, with lots of great players.

Whatever their form is like at the moment, we know they are sill packed with great players who can make the difference at any time.

We have to bring the game too them, its the only way around the ever concrete centre backs they always seem to have. Get at them early, and don't give them a second of thinking or breathing time.

The final is there for the taking lads. We have to step it up.

TheGame : " Do or Die " time.

graham_ka

Established Member
Just need to be patient really, and rely on our crowd to see us through the game. If we can get a first half goal, the pressure will build on United, even though they only need to score to kill off the tie.

Ferdinand out is a huge blow in my opinion, he was there motm today.

As big as Gibbs has been for us lately, I really hope Clichy can get fit. I'd feel a lot better about not conceding with his experience.

qs

Established Member
I'd take a penalty shoot out TBH. Apart from that I don't fancy our chances at all. United have the upper hand now and all the questions are being asked of our players and most of all our manager.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
If we can make it to penalties, I feel ok.

But if we trot out the same crap we did today, its not getting to penalties.

At least Wenger got to play around with our emotions and run a few more extra CL experiments this year.

Zico

Established Member
The only concern I have is that United are a solid bet to score, given our defensive woes against the Big 3. This would mean us needing to score 3 goals. To ensure that United don't score, Wenger will probably opt to retain the 4 5 1 (probably with some convoluted player assignments). However, a 4 5 1 such as today's will leave us completely impotent in attack, meaning that we probably will not be able to score a goal, let alone 3.

It's a fine Catch-22 situation that we have. Ferguson knows this as well. If Wenger manages to win this tie, that will be his greatest moment as Arsenal manager.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I'm not so sure about the lone striker thing. If Robin's available we'll play both him and Ade. We played with two strikers on the field against Chelsea for example. If the only alternative is Bendtner in recent shape then I rather have another midfielder though.

Zico

Established Member
Klaus, I hope you are right. The funny thing about this is that Adebayor tends to play from the left a lot, so playing Robin centrally would not impede Adebayor. Width on the right would come from Theo, and Ade is good at creating through balls for the left back so we'd get width on the left as well.

banduan

Established Member
Remember, this is the Emirates. It's our holy library, and we definitely kick multiple behinds here.

Floating

Established Member
I want Eduardo to START this match with Adebayor. We should play a 4-4-2 with no Diaby.

Almunia
Sagna - Touré - Djourou - Gibbs
Walcott - Fabregas- Song - Nasri
Adebayor - Eduardo

End of.

Zico

Established Member
floating said:
I want Eduardo to START this match with Adebayor. We should play a 4-4-2 with no Diaby.

Almunia
Adebayor - Eduardo

End of.

:shock: Floating, Wenger will never accept such a line-up.

Switch Nasri and Song, and remove Eduardo in favor of Diaby. Even better, move Toure to right back so that Sagna can finally play in central defense. Now that's more to the Professor's tastes.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

We are going to have to score at least three because we will concede so needless to say I am not confident.

First the Fa Cup now this, Wenger really needs to get a grip. I see us winning 2-1 but being kicked out and it will hurt because with the right team yesterday we could have well gotten a better result then we did.

Floating's line up would make the most sense but it he does go with two strikers the second will be Silvestre not Eduardo.

kamikaze80

Established Member
i'd like to see nasri moved to GK to improve our passing out from the back. he doesnt have the size or shotstopping of a prototypical GK, but his technique is excellent.

Double_H

Established Member
i just want this tie to end so i can relax

if we score three we win
which i dont see

they have 2 players on yellow ...and we didnt do much trouble to creat a free kick !!
this sucks

xcdude24

Established Member
I hope Wenger will field a 4-4-2- but he'll probably think, "well, we probably shouldn't concede... so i'll field a 4-5-1. Yeah, they'll get jammed up in the midfield and not score, just like what happened at OT in the first leg, and against chelsea at wembley, and..."

Unforgiven

Established Member
floating said:

Almunia
Adebayor - Eduardo

End of.

Best formation to play, please Wenger....

progman07

Established Member
floating said:

Almunia
Adebayor - Eduardo

End of.
That's what I also want to see. It's a MUST.

Knowing Wenger this what we'll see:

Almunia

Sagna Toure Silvestre Gibbs

Walcott Denilson Nasri Diaby

Cesc

Ade

And if that is the case and we lose the tie, Wenger should be out.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I want to see

Almunia
Sagna Gallas Toure Clichy
Walcott Cesc Song Arshavin
Adebayor RVP

But we cant ;) I miss our strongest team...

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom