• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Man U CL 2nd Leg May 05, 2009, 19:45

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Wryer said:
Gooner_Milton said:
20min to 11pm London time.

Doubt he'll have a conference.

If he does, it'll be short. 'Ve vere outclassed but ve must stay positive non?'

Then I'm very surprised.

It's going to be a tough day for the team tomorrow. We are basically in mourning.

Guess what, Chelsea's next.
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8035070.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8035070.stm</a>

hackajack

Established Member
Captain said:
The two goals early on sucker punched us and that was it. It was unexpected in my opinion but thems the shakes.
Yeah there's no point in lengthy inquests - that was it.

DOUBLE-YOU

Man Utd played very very well. Forget slagging off the team, that is the be all and end all of it. Manure have a better team than us and are more experienced. a number of our players froze.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Sad thing is, we probably picked our 11 "best" players tonight, bar Arshavin, and that's a big exclusion, but in terms of who was available, this was probably the best 11. And we got outclassed. Tinker with the formation all you want, this team lacks quality.

hesham

Established Member
That team can play better than they did tonight though, we were outclassed by a better team but no doubt the 2goals in the first 10min totally derailed us, players looked in shock for the rest of the game.

General

Established Member
sabret00the said:
f****g Wenger, 4-5-1 again. f****g coward!

go49oner said:
Ahhhh f**k Cesc is playin upfront

sabret00the said:
Random thoughts of Wenger: Let's bring back Robin from a groin injury to make him run twice as hard as the role i bought him to play. Not forgetting negating his ability to do everything that we need of him.

This was worse than the setup at old Trafford and you could easily see the team was lopsided from the outset. We hear this nonsense about playing attacking football and not isolating Ade and then repeat the same ludicrous setup that impinged on the fundamental strengths of the team. Robin on the wings again!

You cannot legislate for what happened to Gibbs out there but it is no coincidence that the two killer blows came from our left hand side. Ronaldo and Park were able to push forward too easily because we were playing a striker and a rookie left back together. We go two goals down and Wenger, once again at his reactive best, suddenly decides to push Robin forward by which time it was too late. He talks the talk but never walks the walk. It is all very hypocritical and we saw it against Stoke and Sunderland this season.

Yes, overall United have the edge in quality but we couldn’t have made the task more easier for them. The real question people need to be asking is how Wenger got it so badly wrong over the two legs and effectively started reinventing formations at the business end of the season.

Zico

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Sad thing is, we probably picked our 11 "best" players tonight, bar Arshavin, and that's a big exclusion, but in terms of who was available, this was probably the best 11. And we got outclassed. Tinker with the formation all you want, this team lacks quality.

In fairness, we would look a lot better with Clichy and Gallas in place of Gibbs and Djourou. When you throw in Arshavin in place of Walcott, we have the skeleton of a winning team.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Two things:

1. Wenger sent the lambs to the slaughter

2. Is there something wrong with our pitch, I always see our players slipping up?

General

Established Member
This game reminded me of the game against Villa at home. Once again, we were guilty of trying to impose ourselves straightway without earning the right to play.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Can't fault our kids tonight, Wenger sent them to the slaughter and he is the only one responsible for today. Love the guy but he aint up to it if he thinks we have a good enough squad/team.

AliBabaBrewer

Arsène Wenger said:
“It’s easy to say that we need a bit of experience but I am convinced that we have the quality and we’ll continue to develop. If you look at the average age of the team it is still very young. To reach that level deserves a lot of credit but tonight we were caught by a tem who has the art to kill and take advantage of mistakes. I believe Cristiano Ronaldo today gave us a tough time.”

At the beginning of next season, I'm going to be counting how many times he say that..

quattro

did anyone see the pacquiao-hatton boxing match? i could've sworn that was what i was watching... a pretender taking on the champion flailing his arms like crazy early in the fight leaving his head open for an oncoming left hook.

lee1001

Established Member
Credit to Ferguson.

By playing Anderson, Carrick, and Fletcher in the middle he forced us out wide where he knows we are ****ing useless.

This forced our fullbacks to push up to try and create something leaving Ronaldo, Rooney and Park all the space in the world to hurt us and oh boy did they do that.

That's the main reason why we lost.

bigtimetopbanana

I just got online to read the Mania reports having come back from the game.... pages 26 through 28 are EXACTLY how it went at the stadium..... hyper, hyper, hyper..... bollocks...... the guy sitting next to me upped and left after 15 mins.... he's a fricking season ticket holder !!!! And he was gone.

I stayed until the end. We were singing "We only need four more" from Van Persie's pen right up until injury time.

I went with my cousin. His business partner had a miscarriage in the morning, he lost a 50,000quid business deal in the day, and then sat through that game..... what a **** day.... and his comment was, "it's only money, it's only football".

Gunners gonna come back next year and win the f***king lot.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS !!!!!

RammiXP

quattro said:
did anyone see the pacquiao-hatton boxing match? i could've sworn that was what i was watching... a pretender taking on the champion flailing his arms like crazy early in the fight leaving his head open for an oncoming left hook.

freakishly before i even saw this i had very similar thoughts the whole build up and then the actually showdown were almost identical in that hatton and arsenal promised so much ut within 10 mins of both all of it was over.

Totally gutted bit of a **** week sport wise this week!

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom