• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v. Newcastle, EPL, 7/11/10 1PM- SS1

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well I detected an increased urgency around the 60 minute mar which means there was less urgency before. Why not from the get go?

Truth is it was just a poor performance all round and our playmaker did very little.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
progman07 said:
AnthonyG said:
redanddread is right, though, in the Toon game we were very narrow compared to previous efforts.
Bergkamp assist vs Leichester city, last game in 03/04. If you want to pass that ball through 7 defenders, you need a good pass, and a runner (Vieira).

Do we have a Vieira, as Cesc can pick those passes?

Playing narrow is relative, no teams use a winger running down the byline against teams that don't give you space behind them. That's a myth. Put a player to the byline and he will be very easily taken out of the game, because he is so predictable - will he whip in a cross, or maybeeee whip in a cross? It's easily blocked, like Sagna's efforts.
Um, what? Relative to our other games we lacked width.

squallkid

Established Member
We have scored goals from crosses this season and last season but crossing isn't our main game so to speak. Our game plan isn't to just push it out wide and cross it in, we like to pass it on the floor and walk it into the net but we mix it up and when one thing isn't working we try something else and continue like that.

When nothing works we get days like yesterday

fabo

6.51 / 10
Clichy crosses the ball alright, but he does it from the touchline. He needs more variation in his play like Evra, sometimes drive towards the box and fire it low. He did it against West Ham but that was a one-off judging by his assist numbers.

eye4goal

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
I feel like we're missing a mean bastard from eastern europe at the back. A player who's aerially dominant and can squat a boeing 747 - vidic, ivanovic I'm looking at you

Campbell was really influential last season against physical opposition like Stoke and Hull. You cant challenge for the title if you cant negotiate such fixtures especially with our goalkeeping situation.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Was in Montreal from Thursday night to just today, and didn't even hear about the Arsenal game until recently. Really killed myself to not find out the score (which isn't all that hard to do in Quebec, in all fairness), but caved as I got home. 0-1. What a deflater.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom