• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v. Newcastle, EPL, 7/11/10 1PM- SS1

Gonner_88

Established Member
Unacceptable loss today. We looked toothless upfront and our key players were very poor today.

BTW Kos didn't lose out because of strength. The ball bounced off the ground too fast for him and ranger (pacey player) made the most of it. Kos had no choice but to get sent off.

I am liking how we're getting red cards here and there nowadays (jk). Reminds me of the invincibles era. Maybe we're onto something special ;)

Y va marquer

Established Member
Unfortunately the amount of red cards that they may wrack up is about all that this team has in common with the invincibles...

Bossa

Established Member
I came to the conclusion that we are not going to win the title. Call me a pessimist but losing two times at home against sides who just got promoted wont get you the title.

I'm only focused on getting third spot. Too be honest I dont think that we will do better than last year(third in the league and quarter in the CL).

Theres not much wrong with our players because they are clearly very talented. I just dont think that this squad has improved over the last years.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gonner_88 said:
BTW Kos didn't lose out because of strength. The ball bounced off the ground too fast for him and ranger (pacey player) made the most of it. Kos had no choice but to get sent off.

LOL no. He tried to barge him off it and failed. He is too weak. This is not the only instance.

AshburtonGhost

^ This. Different players, same problems. We've got good players, good enough to be doing better than we are currently. It's all a bit like Chelsea under Ranieri tbh. Plenty of quality, good enough to beat most but just off being able to go all the way and win something meaningful.

hujja

Established Member
Bossa said:
Theres not much wrong with our players because they are clearly very talented. I just dont think that this squad has improved over the last years.

I feel that if any other world class manager were to work with the players we currently have, we could be winning trophies again.

I've noticed that this season, barring an instance against WBA, we've fought and tried hard. We just look clueless when faced with a problem (e.g. 10 man defense) designed solely to exploit our weakness.

flobaba

Bossa you bloody Pessimist!

First line made me smile though- took you long enough, a whole 11 games?

Our squad has improved actually- marginally. Both in terms of quality (players like Nasri settling down and finally begin to show what they're about), and in terms of depth (we are not likely to require Arshavin to lead the attack line anytime this season, or use Song as a central defender), but as always, we're lacking in real class and quality in 3 of 4 positions where it matters most along the team spine. GK,DF, and CF.

We will not see any drastic improvements, if we do not make drastic changes to our style or personnel, and since our style largely determines our personnel, changing the former might require us to change some of the latter.

flobaba

I would also have loved to add that changing the latter requires money, and spending money goes against our manager's ethos, hence we actually need to get a new manager who's not afraid to spend, and while doing so, instill some discipline in defence, and introduce fresh attacking tactics and ideas to the team, but, I think you lot already know that, right?

Gonner_88

Established Member
Haha I was joking about the red cards and the invincibles bit. We were awful today but I still believe we can win the league and this loss will not have changed my mind one bit (11th game for god's sake).

We didn't lose because of wenger's tactics or his substitutions. We lost simply because everyone was awful (inclduing our key players). We couldn't create proper chances and we didn't take the chances we did have. Stop blaming wenger for this loss. He did everything right from the starting 11 to the 3 subs.

We have a long way to go till the end of the season and I'll continue believing till it's mathematically impossible.

mo50

Established Member
The hope is what's going to kill me. I virtually wrote our chances of winning the title after the game, but then you see Chelsea lose, and that glimmer of hope is still there. We're only 5 points off, but every step we take forward, we take 1.5 back.

Koscielny and Squillaci don't work together. They're too similar for my liking, and until Vermaelen is fit again, I'd have Djourou in there. At least he doesn't bounce off the attacker like a tennis ball.

Biggus

Established Member
mo50 said:
The hope is what's going to kill me.
I said that a long time ago Mo, thats the way its been going for the last 5 years.
So spare yourself the stress many of us have been there already.
Wenger refuses to buy the players that we need that to move to the next level so we've won our last PL trophy under him, so we're all just waiting around till he f**ks off with Sonia.

Lord Dula

Established Member
He just needs to go out and buy a rugged centreback who is built for premiership football and either play szczesny or bring in a capable experienced keeper

yesterday was so bleedin poor. We lack ideas going forward big time

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I've cooled down from yesterday's sh1t. I was so disappointed with Cesc. Sometimes you have a bad day at the office, I get it, but yesterday he was so unrealistically poor. I don't know why he persisted with those high balls to RvP or those supposedly "cute" but failed chips.

Chamakh was too shy in front of the goal. I can't accept that for a striker playing for Arsenal. Quite theatrical when falling too.

Nasri and Song were decent. Fabianski, I don't know what to say. Wasn't tested enough but conceded a howler. Should've punched Carroll's head first.

Everybody else bar Jack and Sagna, meh. I thought Jack and Sagna had a good game. I used to miss Flamini's aggressiveness, urgency and determination but Jack gives a whole lot more with his passing ability. I come to the conclusion that currently our best defender is our first choice right back.

Verm, where art thou?

ps - I was told to seat down, not by the stewards, but by some newspaper-reading c*nt at the back. F*cking hell, I can only come to the emirates 7 times a season at most (6000 miles from home to london) and some people take that experience for f*cking granted :evil:

dyeruz

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
He just needs to go out and buy a rugged centreback who is built for premiership football and either play szczesny or bring in a capable experienced keeper

yesterday was so bleedin poor. We lack ideas going forward big time
Thats the problem, Wenger likes his identi-kit defenders 6'2" or 6'1" (with exception of Djourou) ball playing centre halves, he refuses to buy a tall commanding centre back just as he refuses to buy a tall commanding keeper. We're a footballing team that seems to get beaten by teams that vary the physical approach of the prem and play on the ground because we let teams do this. It seems Wenger will buy a player based in skill then try to adapt them to the prem strength wise. there's no point in Wenger sitting on the bench acting like he's got haemorrhoids doused in chilli sauce because he's so frustrated when the problems are entirely of his own making. He also needs to be a strong manager, he cant hook Cesc off because he fears upsetting him, he rushes back RVP, who will now probably play for Holland get injured and be out for another 20 weeks, no kos, no verms ah it gets better doesnt it

sabret00the

Established Member
There's been plenty wrong with Koscielny. However his sending off was farcical. If he was Drogba, it'd have been waved play on. But because it was the skinny Frenchman, the ref assumed that he'd resorted to using his hands in order to win the battle. Absolute farce.

Biggus

Established Member
sabret00the said:
There's been plenty wrong with Koscielny. However his sending off was farcical. If he was Drogba, it'd have been waved play on. But because it was the skinny Frenchman, the ref assumed that he'd resorted to using his hands in order to win the battle. Absolute farce.
Joey Barton looked good against us, we're the farce Sabre.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom