• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v. Newcastle, EPL, 7/11/10 1PM- SS1

Danni

I haven't seen us play to that level for quite some time now - we were that poor. Our players can all cry out to the media, and to the Arsenal faithful, how they are going to do their all to win the League etc, and then they come out to perform as if they don't want it. Our passing game was all over the place from start to finish. We need to get back on track against Wolves.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Btw, reading back in the thread makes me laugh. So many people agreeing thats our best lineup blabla so happy Arshavin is left out and we have all their fav players starting and all of a sudden after the full time whistle everybody blamed Wenger :lol:

Y va marquer

Established Member
Unlucky to lose?

Wenger is deluded if he thinks anyone will fall for that.

Saw his interview and actually felt really irritated with him trotting out that meaningless guff.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Tbh, I didn't expect anything different than what Arsène said.

The last thing he'd do is to bash his team or criticize it heavily.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Btw, reading back in the thread makes me laugh. So many people agreeing thats our best lineup blabla so happy Arshavin is left out and we have all their fav players starting and all of a sudden after the full time whistle everybody blamed Wenger :lol:

That's the thing about forums in that your thoughts aren't just kept to yourself to be forgotten, they're stored until they are deleted.

I'm sure many see the importance of Shava but he had been lacklustre to say the least however he at least tried out there. That urgency was lacking from him before.

On paper alone our team won't win games, if the performance isn't there strongest or not, you will rarely win.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Yeah, Wenger and the team need to cop to this. 'We all need to have a good long think ... look hard in the mirror ... pull our pinkies out ...' or whatever.

I'm pretty sure that's how they all feel, so just admit it. We stunk.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
The inclusion of Arshavin from the start certainly wouldn't have automatically made us win, but I definitely believe we're better off when he's in the team than when he's not.

Overall though, it wasn't just down to one player. It was a poor team performance.

Anzac

Established Member
Recorded the game to watch but don't think I'll bother - should have seen this coming a mile away after the crap performances of late. Sick to death of the excuse culture that AW has installed where we are far too accepting of the dross & failure to aggressively address the shortcomings.

Herbas

Although I'm not too worried about the game and team, but the photo with Wenger's smile in post-match conference on arsenal.com is priceless after such game.

CandysRoom

Established Member
I remember reading about this when we won the six nations and thinking what a fantastic advert for the Welsh as a people :D

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
one of awful performance i see since i start supporting arsenal from 2000

more worst then WBA agine its hard to take when you lose 2 games in your stadium vs s**t teams

first time i see fabregas play like that awful performance ever in arsenal shirt for him so lucky he dont take red card today

hope we repair at the next game vs wolvs and win it

morpho

Established Member
hate being right... this loss was written in stone. we all know how we react to a midweek loss, we all knew flappy would return sooner rater than later, we all knew newcastle have made some good team performances this season, add their urge to get back at us from the recent cup game and you have a disaster in the making...

even chamack's recent drop in form was written in the stars as RvP is getting back...

GunneDown

This was actually one of the worse displays i've ever watched. Im getting to the point where im not worried if i miss our games.

Lets hope we get a result away to wolves, but i say it now. We will strugle big time.

Invincible

Established Member
If this result happened in 2004 this forum would've gone into meltdown and probably out of service for a few days. How times have changed, now people here generally accept losing at home to relegation fodder.

Have all Gooners lost their passion or is it simply a resignation to the fact we are just not good enough? :(

Herbas

Is there any chance to have Kos' ban reduced to just 1 game? I mean it wasn't some reckless challenge like Wilshere's before. Usually it wouldn't even be a yellow card, just the last man rule changed this.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom