• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Portsmouth Match Ratings

dos1986

Established Member
USArsenal said:
thegame24 said:
seriously, would you shut the f*ck up thegame? everyone is entitled to their opinions without you acting like a f*ing arsehole every time he posts.. he was right, you really are following him in threads just saying something to him every time he posts..

how about YOU grow up a little.

It may not be polite, but at least it is an honest opinion.

This is a forum isnt it?

Why are you trying to shut him up?

Why are we so vain :|

asajoseph

Established Member
Ok, let's try again.

Almunia - 6 - 6 by default. No reason to score lower, no reason to score higher.

Clichy - 7 - Good work up the left and a couple of decent tackles.

Gallas - 7 - +1 for the goal, otherwise a tidy performance, if not really tested. Lost a few headers to crouch, but that's just the way it goes.

Silvestre - 5.5 - Looked confused and lost too many times. A couple of good moments though

Sagna - 6 - Some tidy tackles and broke well up the right. Perhaps didn't use the ball as well as he might have.

Nasri - 5 - A couple of good breaks forward, but incredibly lazy in defence.

Denilson - 4 - Another poor performance in the middle - didn't look interested in receiving the ball, and looked incredibly static

Diaby - 6 - A decent performance, and a lot of our better stuff seemed to come through him. Gave the ball away a few too many times, but I guess that's just par for the course now. Tackled well.

Eboue - 5 - Some good runs, but shocking execution. Looked to be repeating his Wigan performance in the second half, so good to see Wenger sub him early.

Adebayor - 5 - A few good runs, and helped play the game out at the end, but hardly a brilliant performance otherwise. Wasted a very good chance.

Bendtner - 7 - MOTM - shocking to see him booed, despite the fact that he did really well when moved out to the wing. Aggressive with his runs, and big improvement on Nasri on the wing.

Subs:

Ramsey - 6 - A little wasteful, but more positive than Denilson, and seemed quite fired up.

Vela - 6 - Some good runs, but struggled to make anything really count.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
why do people need to call other people dumb ****s or idiots in the match thread? that's certainly not an opinion about the club or its players, its a personal insult to another forum member...

end of discussion.. thanks

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 6

Sagna - 7
Silvestre - 6
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 6

Eboue - 6
Denilson - 6
Diaby - 6
Nasri - 5

Adebayor - 5
Bendtner - 7

Subs -
Vela - 6
Ramsey - 6

General

Established Member
Almunia 6 - Did ok. Distribution could be better

Sagna 7 - Did his job. Marshalled Bel Haj well.

Gallas 7 - Solid and a very professional performance

Silvestre 6 - Did ok. Good understanding with Billy.

Clichy 7 - Always full of energy.

Nasri 7 - Lively and saw plenty of the ball without being particularly effective.

Denilson 6 - A passenger at times and needs to add a bit more urgency to his game. Good swinger for the goal.

Diaby 8 - MOTM - Single handedly bossed the game in the first half although his energy levels dropped in the second.

Eboue 6 - Talented but mentally unstable. Needs a hug.

Bendtner 7 - Some good work on and off the ball. Surprisingly mobile.

Adebayor 6 - A bit sluggish and caught on the peripheries.

Ramsey 6.5 - Decent apart from the obvious naivety issues. Got stuck in well.

Vela 6.5 - Willingness to run at opposition changed the dynamics of our attack for the better even if not the desirable.

ricky1985

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Bendtner - 7 - MOTM - shocking to see him booed, despite the fact that he did really well when moved out to the wing. Aggressive with his runs, and big improvement on Nasri on the wing.

Looked really poor on the tele. He gave the ball away time and again. Ran into blind alleys and offered no goal threat whatsoever. Definitely had a better finish to the game though.

asajoseph said:
Ramsey - 6 - A little wasteful, but more positive than Denilson, and seemed quite fired up.

I think even Michael Carrick would look fired up next to Denilson. Ramsey acted with the urgency a centre midfielder should do.

TomasCR

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Denilson - 4 - Another poor performance in the middle - didn't look interested in receiving the ball, and looked incredibly static
Does it mean that for you, Denilson was the worst player of Arsenal today? No one else got such a low rating from you.

godfather

Almunia - 6

Sagna - 7
Silvestre - 7
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 7.5

Eboue - 6
Denilson - 7
Diaby - 6
Nasri - 7

Adebayor - 5
Bendtner - 6

Subs -
Vela - 7
Ramsey - 5

asajoseph

Established Member
TomasCR said:
asajoseph said:
Does it mean that for you, Denilson was the worst player of Arsenal today? No one else got such a low rating from you.

For me, absolutely he was.

Thought he had a terrible game, really.

asajoseph

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Looked really poor on the tele. He gave the ball away time and again. Ran into blind alleys and offered no goal threat whatsoever. Definitely had a better finish to the game though.

I think there are things that you can pick up from watching the TV that you don't get from being at the game, and of course you get a big benefit from replays, that you don't really get too much of at the match.

But I also think that being at the game, you can get a better idea of the overall shape of the team, and see more of what's going on on the whole pitch, whilst a camera may be focussed elsewhere.

I think today, what may not have been obvious on TV, I was really impressed with the way that Nik forced himself into the game on the left. Until Nasri moved central, and Bendtner moved wide, I'd have said that your comment was accurate, and he was struggling to get involved, but that switch to me looked like a really sharp tactical move, and seemed to improve the game of both. It's something I wouldn't mind seeing more of, certainly. Nik had a huge amount of energy today, and though he didn't force many goal-scoring opportunities, he did move the play much better than Nasri had been - he carried the ball well, and really put Pompey on the back foot.

I was definitely impressed with him today, even if certain parts of the crowd had the knives out for him.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Strange. Denilsons come in for alot of stick but has a goal and an assist in last two games, not a bad outcome for a much maligned player who offers nothing (yes Im playing Devils advocate here)

progman07

Established Member
Some opinion:

- Denilson had a bad game. He didn't make any runs, he didn't want the ball. He should have done lot more to break down Portsmouth's tight defense.
- Bendtner didn't make off-the-ball runs at all. I don't know why he is persisting on that creative role, when nobody else makes runs either. You just can't pick out a good pass without a guy making the run (like Ljungberg/Vieira did several times)
- I'm obviously biased with Vela, but he did well. He ran at the defenders, and with a bit more experience he should be able to make the difference much more often
- Gallas pops up with these important goals very often. I like it.

progman07

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
Strange. Denilsons come in for alot of stick but has a goal and an assist in last two games, not a bad outcome for a much maligned player who offers nothing (yes Im playing Devils advocate here)
Maybe it is because people look at the overall game, not only at one moment?

Alfonso

Established Member
I understand the fans frustration of Bendtner and would go as far its justifed, he has been absolutley dog ****e for the past 2 months and has played with no passion or care in the world at times. For the fans some players have gone beyond compasion, and the arrogant Dane is one of them. The only reason I think he stepped up in the second half was because he knew Wenger would have put on Van Persie if he did not take his finger out. But on the wing he is twice the player Eboue is so im all for it if that tiger outfit wearing fool is no way near the first team. I am getting to the point with Eboue that I never want him to play for us again.

Dont think Ive ever disliked two Arsenal players as much as Bendtner and Eboue. They represent everything that is wrong with our side. No coincidence that they are numbers 1 and 2 on the Arsenal mob hitlist. Denilson is not too far behind but I think he actually tries so he gets more benefit of doubt.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
progman07 said:
irishgunnerz said:

Perhaps but (again playing devils advocate) his one assist changed the game utterly today, while who knows how the game would have went against Villa if he hadnt chased that ball forward? I doubt we'd have escaped with a point thats for suer. We were being mauled at that stage and his goal really stopped Villa dead for a few moments as they witnessed daylight robbery

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Alfonso said:
I understand the fans frustration of Bendtner and would go as far its justifed, he has been absolutley dog s***e for the past 2 months and has played with no passion or care in the world at times. For the fans some players have gone beyond compasion, and the arrogant Dane is one of them. The only reason I think he stepped up in the second half was because he knew Wenger would have put on Van Persie if he did not take his finger out. But on the wing he is twice the player Eboue is so im all for it if that tiger outfit wearing fool is no way near the first team. I am getting to the point with Eboue that I never want him to play for us again.

Dont think Ive ever disliked two Arsenal players as much as Bendtner and Eboue. They represent everything that is wrong with our side. No coincidence that they are numbers 1 and 2 on the Arsenal mob hitlist. Denilson is not too far behind but I think he actually tries so he gets more benefit of doubt.

Kinda hev top agree. For me Nik's had enough chances to impress and has almost spectacularly failed in the majority of them (when up front)

asajoseph

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
progman07 said:
irishgunnerz said:

Perhaps but (again playing devils advocate) his one assist changed the game utterly today[...]

Perhaps, but maybe most (like me) feel that if Denilson hadn't been contributing so little, we wouldn't have had to rely on his one, fairly mediocre assist to win us the game?

progman07

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
progman07 said:
irishgunnerz said:

Perhaps but (again playing devils advocate) his one assist changed the game utterly today, while who knows how the game would have went against Villa if he hadnt chased that ball forward? I doubt we'd have escaped with a point thats for suer. We were being mauled at that stage and his goal really stopped Villa dead for a few moments as they witnessed daylight robbery
I didn't say I don't like his goal against Villa.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom