• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v Portsmouth Match Ratings

General

Established Member
There were some positives from Bendtner today and he tracked back well. At a time when we look defensively vulnerable, I think his willingness to help Clichy out and enthusiasm in tracking back was refreshing.

Eboue on the other hand has some mental issues. I think his substitution was very well timed by Wenger because he was just on the brink of descending into the sort of mediocrity we saw against Wigan with a few 'half dives' thrown in there for good measure.

dbig

Almunia 6 - One save, near the end.

Sagna 6.5 - Had a easy game defensively and made some overlapping runs but wasn't used much.
Gallas 7.5 - Good defensively and got the goal.
Silvestre 6 - Thought he did well and got his positioning right.
Clichy 7 - Like Sagna but probably did a bit more.

Eboue 5 - Performance dropped as the game wore on.
Denilson 5 - Looked lost in the first half. Didn't seem like he knew what he had to do. Improved as the game wore on. Maybe he was told that he could move forward more. Not a defensive midfielder, for now anyway.
Diaby 6 - Looked great in crowded areas but has no idea for the final third.
Nasri 7.5 - Good game after moving to the middle.

Bendtner 7.5 - Thought he had a good game on the flanks. Did everything that Eboue couldn't. Guys, meet one of our new wingers for 2009. ;)
Adebayor 5.5 - Should have scored.

Subs: Vela 6.5 - Meet the other new winger for 2009. ;)
Ramsey 6 - Was okay for the time he was on.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 6
Gallas 8 - MOTM
Clichy 6
Eboue 4
Denilson 5
Diaby 6
Nasri 4
Bendtner 6
Ade 5

David James 10 - Thank you.

Anzac

Established Member
Wow what a range of scores - guess that our poor form is really influencing how we are seeing the team & individual performances.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Almunia 6 - Had nothing to do.
Sagna 6
Gallas 8
Sil - 6
Clichy 6
- Back four had nothing to do due to Pompey being ****e. Gallas gets extra 2 for the goal.

Eboue 5 - Got worse as the game went on. Average.

Denilson 5 - Too static. Offered nothing defensively and little offensively. Typical Denilson performance.

Diaby 5 - ? :bash

Nasri 7 - Lit the game up when he moved to the center. Movement and skill he showed behind the striker was reminiscent of that traitor in Barca.

Bendtner 6 - ****e first half but improved in the 2nd.

Ade 3 - Worst player today. The tap-ins he scores usually overshadows his general poor play. His usual contribution invloves recieving the ball with his back to the goal which wouldn't be a negative if the ball didn't bounce off his leg due to his heavy touch or an immediate back pass into our half thereby breaking down the play or slowing it down. Never will he attempt to turn and run at a defender. The best you can hope for is a sideways pass.

Served up chances on a plate but manages to screw it up by going offside or just missing...

scytheavatar

Established Member
The whole team was bloody poor. The only person who deserved more than a 5 is Gallas. And maybe Almunia, but then that's because he had nothing to do. The rest deserved a 4 at most.

General

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:

You can't be serious. He owned the first half and created our only real opportunity which Ade should've tucked away. The hammer treatment should be reserved for Eboue.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Did anyone notice Diaby constantly giving fellow players instructions, pointing them where to run, and who to mark? The last time I remember anyone doing that was Flamini.

DOUBLE-YOU

gallas was best player. i was impressed with diaby's effort. a few more games and he will be good to go.
i noticed denilson was very quiet until diaby came off. i think he changed his game to compensate for diaby's lack of defensive nous. he didn't really go forward at all until ramsey came on, then he got involved more.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Did anyone notice Diaby constantly giving fellow players instructions, pointing them where to run, and who to mark? The last time I remember anyone doing that was Flamini.

My stream was in and out, so I didn't catch that. It's a very good sign if he was. We need some of these younger players to take a bit of responsibility. I did notice against Villa Diaby was screaming 'Manu! Manu!' at Eboue to tell him to mark Petrov and stop him putting in the cross Zat Knight scored from.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
General said:
Shadow Moses said:

You can't be serious. He owned the first half and created our only real opportunity which Ade should've tucked away. The hammer treatment should be reserved for Eboue.

The hammer gif was more a confused statement. One moment he is this amazing footballer with unmatched skill. Next time he recieves the ball he can't make a simple pass. Very frustrating.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom