• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v West Ham Match Ratings

GaelForce22

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7

Diaby 5
Denilson 6

Eboue 5
Bendtner 6
Nasri 6

Adebayor 5

Subs: Vela 6
Van Persie and Song N/A

No-one stood out in any positive or negative ways today. Bendtner, Nasri and Denilson linked play up well but none of the three seemed able to open West Ham up in open play. The defence stopped anything West Ham had to offer and Clichy gave his usual never-give-up attitude with a couple of sloppy mistakes.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Almunia 5 (Loses a point for his lapse in concentration which could have easily cost us.)

Sagna 6 (Didn't have a whole lot to do)
Touré 6 (See above)
Gallas 6 ('' '')
Clichy 6.5('' '')

Diaby 6 (Needs to improve his passing, but he won plenty of balls with his physique which he is learning to use better)
Denilson 6 (Harried reasonably well. Needs to take more chances though. These constant sideways passes are annoying)
Eboue 5 (Started off well enough for his standards, then fell to pieces)
Bendtner 6 (Was one of the most direct players on the pitch and worked hard. Shouldn't have been subbed)
Nasri 7 (Our best player on the field. Really wanted to win it for us, beat his man on more than one occasion and linked up well. Clearly the smartest player in our midfield.)

Adebayor 3 (Wasted 2 glorious chances and didn't really lift a finger, except for fouling the opposition or losing the ball. For his immense physique and height, it's shameful that he doesn't use it at all.)

Vela 5 (Lost the ball a lot, but had a few good runs.)
Van Persie 5.5 (Just couldn't do it today.)

Song N/A

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7

Eboue 5
Diaby 6
Denilson 6
Nasri 6

Bendtner 6
Adebayor 5

Subs:
Vela 6
Van Persie 6
Song - N/A

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 6

Denilson 7
Diaby 3
Eboue 6
Nasri 6

Bendtner 6
Adebayor 6

Vela 6

We were better both defensively and offensively than we've been for quite some time. We lacked finishing skills and a good attacking central mid though. Diaby kills every ****ing ball he touches. It's incredibly annoying. It's beyond me how anyone can have so much talent and make use of so little of it. Ade got a lot of stick in the match thread but he worked hard today again. His form will improve. I think Vela nicked himself a starting place against Cardiff. Our movement in the final third improved a lot once he came on. With a little bit of luck he could've scored.

Proof

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Toure 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 6.5

Eboue 5
Denilson 7
Diaby 6
Nasri 6.5

Bendtner 6.5
Adebayor 5

Subs: Vela 6, Van Persie N/A, Song N/A

TomasCR

Established Member
Almunia 6 Hi distribution is still horrible.

Defence - difficult to rate them, had nothing to do all the game. All 6.5

Eboue 5,5 Was good at the start of the game, otherwise, **** as always.
Diaby 5 Not to be his injury, which looks like a serious one, he could have ended up worse. Showed absolutely nothing and that´s, when you play as a CM, quite a big problem.
Denilson 6 Decent, seemed to forget how to take a free-kick.
Nasri 6 Good first half, invisible in the second one.

Bendtner 5.5
Adebayor 5.5 Tell me, why the hell he went into that ball with his left foot when it came from the right side and he is a right foot player? Don´t get it, I think he doesn´t get it himself as well.

Vela 6
RvP Was given too little time to change something.

nazo

Established Member
Almunia 2 (he didn't do anything all game but whenever he touched the ball he killed 35 kittens around the world)

Sagna 6 (solid in defense, meh in attack)
Touré 7 (solid in defense)
Gallas 7 (solid in defense)
Clichy 6.5 (solid in defense, meh in attack)

Eboue 6 (he was actually half decent when he was on and kept on running at them. He got worse but was still ok)
Diaby 7 (kept it simple and tried)
Denilson 7 (same as above)
Nasri 6 (so hot and cold. He started well, tried to create, disappeared for large part of the game and barely did anything)

Bendtner 5 (did nothing)
Adebayor 4 (terrible, he gets the 4 for actually staying the box for a decent enough period)

Subs:
Vela 5 (started well then went downhill from then on. ok)

Kain

Established Member
Almunia -6- A generous 6 considering the passes to WH

Sagna -7-sound
Touré -7-sound
Gallas -7.5-very good
Clichy -7-one mistake in first half but some nice passes in the second.

Diaby -5.5- Needed a performance after the dismal game against Everton but really didnt create anything of note.
Denilson -6-Did the DM job then moved forward for the 2nd half until Bendy went off.
Eboue -7-Was good until he got injured dont buy into the haters, if Eboue was bad then everyone else deserved a 3.
Bendtner -7- very good, efficent.
Nasri -6- Need more than 5 minuets of good play, a match lasts 90 minuets.

Adebayor -5-stayed in and around the box, but was very slow and seemingly uninterested.

Vela -6- few nice moments.

Well we are clocking up a few cleansheets which is always a bonus but the lack of urgency of our team at times in incredible, i said it in the match thread and i'll say it here if you need a reason to play in a London derby then you shouldnt be wearing the shirt the games against Sp**s, West ham and Chelsea mean alot especially to the hard paying fans in the stadium, thats without even considering our precarious position in the league table and how much we needed the three points. those players that breezed through most of the game in 2nd gear really need a slap.

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia 5

Sagna 6
Touré 6
Gallas 6
Clichy 6

Eboue 5
Diaby 4
Denilson 6
Nasri 6

Bendtner 6
Adebayor 2

Subs:
Vela 6
Van Persie 6
Song - N/A

giuliob

5=average

Almunia 6 Gets an above average rating for just staying awake and being alert...
Sagna 6 Wish these backs would improve their crosses
Touré 6.5 Decent enough
Gallas 6.5 Same
Clichy 6 Tremendous work rate but silly mistakes
Diaby 5.5 Clumsy, yet he worked hard the entire game
Denilson 5.5 He does what is asked of him...And not much more.....
Eboue 5.5 A for effort while he was in the game
Bendtner 6 Another A for effort and work rate...Sorry to see him leave
Nasri 6.5 Injected his energy and smarts...Still a ways to go
Adebayor 4 Welcome to Planet Ade...

Subs: Vela 5
Van Persie 6
Song n/a

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7

Eboue 5
Diaby 5
Denilson 5
Nasri 6

Bendtner 6
Adebayor 3

Subs:
Vela 6
Van Persie 6

ricky1985

Established Member
Almunia - 6. Absolutely nothing to do, but still managed to throw one straight to them at one point.

Sagna - 7. Good performance, his link-up play with Bendtner and then Nasri, down the right was absolutely fanstastic.

Toure - 7. Pretty solid today, handled the little that was thrown at him just fine.

Gallas - 7. Similar to Toure, although not as noticeable as he usually is, in tight games at the Emirates, going forward.

Clichy - 7. Some great moments going forward, and barring one little error he was faultless defensively. Ran like a train in the final 20 minutes.

Eboue - 6. Started very brightly, I reckon he knows Arshavin is coming and he wants to stake a claim. Faded badly though.

Diaby - 6. Some great moments, and audacious touches and flicks. He isn't capable of creating chances though, not on a regular basis anyway. Nothing asked off him defensively today.

Denilson - 6. Passed it simle and pretty well, but like Diaby doesn't have the ability to create chances consistently, and just plodded his way through the game really. Again nothing really to do defensively. Centre midfield is where we are failing dramatically.

Nasri - 7. So frustrating because he is on the verge of exploding. He oozes class, his pace, touch, dribbling, passing, crossing is fantastic. he needs a midfield around him though, and he clearly doesn't have it. The kid is going to be one of the best players in the world in time.

Bendtner - 7. Very impressed with Nik. He showed a lot of intelligence and directness. Like Nasri let down by the midfield trying to support him.

Adebayor - 4. By George he was poor, I mean really poor. Maybe it's the service he's getting, but he looks like a poor mans Kenwyne Jones at the moment!

Subs

Vela - 5. Dissapointing, but again he needs help, and is evidently better through the middle. The centre of the park is killing our forward players chances of perfoming well.

Van persie - 5. Poor set-pieces, and generally struggled to get into the game. Hopefully he'll be fresh for the NLD, next week.

Song - N/A.

Lukazan

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Gallas at least deserves a 7, he was flawless. Carlton Cole didnt get a sniff against him.

Because Carlton Cole is a very average player in a team today that had no ambition. He had no service, no support. Empty space could have pocketed him today.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Almunia 5

Sagna 6
Touré 6
Gallas 6
Clichy 6

Eboue 4
Diaby 4
Denilson 5
Nasri 7

Bendtner 5
Adebayor 3

Subs:
Vela 4
Van Persie 4

TomasCR

Established Member
How can someome give Diaby the same, or even better rating than Nasri is beyond me, seriously now.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
I don't understand the high ratings for the defense. They had nothing to do all match. West Ham played for the 0-0 since kick-off.

progman07

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Diaby 7 (kept it simple and tried)
Sorry but I can't agree with that at all. He made every single pass look hard because he always took too many touches. I remember one particular moment when I thought I had enough of him forever - he was facing Sagna on the right hand side, he was marked by 2 players, he could have passed right away but carried, carried and only seconds later made the pass.
Seemed like he takes so many touches on the ball because his brain is so slow he has to think over who to pass. It looked ridiculous.

Also, how many times did he lose the ball because of stupid dribbling and releasing the ball too late?

progman07

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Maybe because Nasri was pretty much invisible for almost the whole second half
To be honest, Nasri always plays like this, and people praise him for it many times. Seems like they are starting to realize he rarely ever does something, apart from an occasional goal. Though I will probably be dissed for stating this by the many Nasri fans we have on the forum.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom