• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v West Ham Match Ratings

TomasCR

Established Member
And Diaby was at least "trying" and lost every second ball, right? That´s a strange argument. There was no worse player on the pitch today.

kel varnsen

Established Member
i thought nasri played well. sure, he disappeared for spells here and there, but he was by far our most creative player out there. he dribbled, crossed, ran and passed. if he had a few semi decent team mates, he'd have a great game.

nazo

Established Member
TomasCR said:
And Diaby was at least "trying" and lost every second ball, right? That´s a strange argument. There was no worse player on the pitch today.

Except that he didn't lose every second ball...

I thought he was good so i'll just have to disagree with you.

nazo

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
i thought nasri played well. sure, he disappeared for spells here and there, but he was by far our most creative player out there. he dribbled, crossed, ran and passed. if he had a few semi decent team mates, he'd have a great game.

I'll agree with that though. He was our most creative player and could've done better but he went disappearing for a long time. Everytime he had the ball he did something useful though.

progman07

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
I know our mediocre performance isn't down to him, but he was still not that good. He fought hard but didn't create one single chance, and I only remember him beating his marker twice, which isn't good enough.

But of course he is the least of our midfield woes, so no need to single him out.

TomasCR

Established Member
bluenaz said:
TomasCR said:

And what makes you think he was that great? What did he do? Some good pass I´m not aware of? Shot on goal? He was really bad. The yellow is worth of mention maybe. Oh yes, he hit the bar, that´s why.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
raidersoftheark said:
I don't understand the high ratings for the defense. They had nothing to do all match. West Ham played for the 0-0 since kick-off.

Everyone's given them 6's or 7's. How's that too much?

nazo

Established Member
TomasCR said:
bluenaz said:
TomasCR said:

And what makes you think he was that great? What did he do? Some good pass I´m not aware of? Shot on goal? He was really bad. The yellow is worth of mention maybe. Oh yes, he hit the bar, that´s why.

Won almost every 50/50, had one of our very few shots, hit the bar, and pretty much dominated the midfield along with Denilson.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Almunia 6 - Nothing to do for the whole game.

Sagna 6 - Didn't have much to do defensively, but was very uneventful in attack. Sometimes, I wonder what's the point of him running forward.

Clichy 6 - Had a momentary lapse in concentration, but was finally not punished for it. Provided one or two dangerous crosses, but is another wasted player in attack.

Toure 6 - Almost scored a goal, tried hard in attack, and like the others had little work to do.

Gallas 7 - Marshalled Cole, and was generally solid. Unusually quite in the attack, later on in the game.

Denilson 7 - Worked hard, and kept the ball moving. Had a couple of shots and crosses, which amounted to nothing. With Diaby, completely dominated the midfield.

Diaby 7 - Harried like his partner, and was decent with the ball. His passing efficiency has been gradually increasing, game, by game.

Bendtner 8 - MOM, he drove forward with urgency, and incisiveness. Linked up really well, and seems to thrive on the right flank.

Nasri 7 - He looked more threatening today than usual, linked up decently, but went quite towards the end.

Vela 6 - Started well when he was playing up front, but his performance dropped outwide. He is still a decent option there, and was looking to beat his man, but to no avail.

Adebayor 4 - Incredibly poor, casual in possession and little urgency in his play. Missed the two best chances on the night, and is getting poorer each game.

Wenger 6 - He did well to change the formation to a 4-3-3, which added fluency and attacking options to the team. Unfortunately, he undone his work by reverting back to the 4-4-2, which halted any threat we posed.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 5

Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7

Eboue 5
Diaby 6
Denilson 6
Nasri 7

Bendtner 5
Adebayor 4

Subs:
Vela 5
Van Persie 5

General

Established Member
Almunia 5 - Nothing to do.

Sagna 7 - Got forward and tried to make things happen.

Gallas 7 - Effective. Didn't give Cole a sniff.

Toure 7 - Unusually calm and solid.

Clichy 6 - Dithers on the ball far too much. Lacked ideas when it mattered. Finished strongly in the end.

Eboue 6 - Best player in the opening 20 mins but then descended into his usual mediocrity with poor final balls. Subbed.

Diaby 7 - Solid and didn't put a foot wrong. Unlucky not to score with the header. Kept it simple when required and hopefully the injury isn't serious.

Denilson 6 - His usual steady self. Nothing noteworthy or amazing

Nasri - 7. Good game and created some openings

Ade - 4 Flattered to deceive. Ineffective and made little use of his aerial power. Poor link up play with Bendtner and subsequently a poor game.

Bendtner - 6 Worked his socks off and always on the move. Good improvement in attitude

SUBS

Vela - 5 Caught on the fringes of the game. Hanged on to the ball far too long at times.

RVP 6 - Just didn't get into his groove enough and WH were already settled in their spoiling tactics. Almost created something out of nothing with a scuffed shot.

Wenger 6 - Couldn't have done much with the resources at hand against a very resilient opposition. Forced into an early change with Eboue. Team needs an extra creative force. In hindsight, perhaps he should've started RVP.

Double_H

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 7
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7

Eboue 5
Diaby 6
Denilson 8 MOTM
Nasri 7

Bendtner 6
Adebayor N/A

Subs:
Vela 6
Van Persie 6
Song - N/A

Shredder

Almunia 5 - Very easy game for him, yet he still nearly managed to give it away...

Sagna 6 - Not much to do on defense, nothing to show offensively
Touré 6 - Did what he had to do
Gallas 6 - Ditto
Clichy 5 - Similar to the above, with a little bit worse crossing. Also had a careless turnover that could have cost us.

Eboue 5 - Showed some nice movement, but produced very little thanks to his truly dreadful passing
Diaby 5 - Average; better in the first than the second. Still runs into too many dead ends and doesn't have a great eye for a pass.
Denilson 4 - Did he play? Waaay too slow and static. Must learn to impose himself on the game in some fashion.
Nasri 6 - Not bad, but not a lot to show for his efforts

Bendtner 5 - Meh... No chemistry with Adebayor and pointless on the right wing. Isn't quick enough for that job. Looks good at times, but nothing really comes of it.
Adebayor 5 - Had one or two chances, but missed them. Kept his position, but was generally surrounded by at least 16 defenders at any given time.

qs

Established Member
Almunia 5 nothing to do and his distribution was appalling

Sagna 6 defended ok, crossing was poor
Touré 7 can't complain, snuffed out the little he had to deal with
Gallas 7 same as Toure and joined the attack well at times
Clichy 7 losing the ball then clearing it off the line evened that out, apart from that a good game

Eboue 2 joke of a footballer. Should never play midfield again.
Diaby 7 his best game of the season IMO yet he never did anything amazing. Says it all about him really.
Denilson 7 typical functional Denilson performance.
Nasri 8 best player in a red jersey. Moved through 3 positions and still managed to remain our brightest, most creative and most exciting player.

Bendtner 3 useless. Lazy. Cowardly.
Adebayor 5 worked hard until he took a knock but should have scored. Won a good few headers too.

Subs:
Vela 7 changed the game for the better, bright and trys things. A bit green though.
Van Persie 5 took a knock as soon as he came on and it seemed to really impair his movement.

qs

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Bendtner 5
Adebayor 4

Not aimed solely at you Clrnc but I am baffled as to how anyone could think Bendtner had a better game than Ade.

Classy_Gunner

I was very pathetic indeed .He was useless and never intended to play like he should be playing .Bentner was average though .But my MOM was Nasri as he was our most electric player who tried to create something and worked well as a team.

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I had Bendtner down as MOM.

How? He was unbelievably bad. He was so lazy and uncommitted. I think I'll look back on this as the game I finally came to want rid of Bendtner forever.

Ade missed some chances he should have scored but he worked hard before he took a knock in the last 10-15 minutes. Bendtner wasn't even trying.

Eboue was out worst, closely followed by Bendtner. Theres a good reason it was those 2 the crowd were wanting off the pitch.

progman07

Established Member
qs said:
Nasri 8 best player in a red jersey. Moved through 3 positions and still managed to remain our brightest, most creative and most exciting player.

Considering we created nothing, and had no chances apart from a Toure shot, a Diaby header and 1-2 half-chances, I don't see how he was our most creative player, and how he deserves a 8. :?

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom