• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal v. Wolves | EPL | Sat 3rd April 15:00

otfgoon

Established Member
dyeruz said:
he literally can't kick a ball, that's not form, that's purely technical.

Someone hasn't been an Arsenal fan for long. I'm gussing sometime after Feb 2008.

sagreig

SA Gunner said:
Ron Burgundy said:
This may sound like hindsight, but I've always believed Nick to be underrated by Arsenal fans. He's not the most aesthetically pleasing player, but he can be very effective.

Dont think so mate, Bendy has potential but far too inconsistent to be classed as an underrated player.

He needs to up his amount of dependable performances, not go missing for 60% of the games he plays in.

He is inconsistent, but he certainly doesn't go missing. That's what pleases me - he is rarely anonymous in games. But he can be pretty * in front of goal. How he missed that sitter against Barca, I'll never know.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
sagreig said:
How he missed that sitter against Barca, I'll never know.
are you talking about the header? why do people keep saying "he missed"? (not just you) he didnt miss, he put his powerful header on goal, and the keeper saved it.. in another game, Valdes might have been 6 inches further to the right, and not gotten to it..

Alfonso

Established Member
USArsenal said:
sagreig said:
How he missed that sitter against Barca, I'll never know.
are you talking about the header? why do people keep saying "he missed"? (not just you) he didnt miss, he put his powerful header on goal, and the keeper saved it.. in another game, Valdes might have been 6 inches further to the right, and not gotten to it..

He hit it straight at him though, should have placed it to the right. That was a clear goalscoring opportunity. And thankgod the great Dane was ruled offside for his missed sitter in the first half otherwise there would have been hell to pay!

ricky1985

Established Member
Bendtner had to head that down also. That's the first thing you learn as a striker, "head the ball down!".

qs

Established Member
Wenger made a complete mess of that yesterday. Last week he accused the players of being distracted by the Barca match but they are clearly following his lead on that.

Nela

Established Member
qs said:
Wenger made a complete mess of that yesterday. Last week he accused the players of being distracted by the Barca match but they are clearly following his lead on that.
Are you talking about the team selection?

I know it's frustrating, but what was he supposed to do yesterday. We saw in Eboue's performance just how exhausted he was, and he's one of our most energetic players. Clichy ended the Barca game injured and was limping. Diaby was terrible against Barca, and had ben doubtful before. Nasri worked his socks off against Barca, how tired might he have been? And we are so dependent on Bendtner staying fit for the rest of the season that we will need to rest him a bit at some point. I just don't think he had that many options yesterday.

otfgoon

Established Member
I wouldn't bother Nela, he'll just accuse you of only caring about Barca and making excuses.

qs

Established Member
Nela said:
qs said:
Are you talking about the team selection?

I know it's frustrating, but what was he supposed to do yesterday. We saw in Eboue's performance just how exhausted he was, and he's one of our most energetic players. Clichy ended the Barca game injured and was limping. Diaby was terrible against Barca, and had ben doubtful before. Nasri worked his socks off against Barca, how tired might he have been? And we are so dependent on Bendtner staying fit for the rest of the season that we will need to rest him a bit at some point. I just don't think he had that many options yesterday.

Eboues performance was bad mostly because he was started on the left. That effected pretty much everything he did from his touch to his dribbling to his ability to put in a final ball.

Fair enough some players needed a rest but Wenger completely lost the balance of the team. Resting all of Diaby, Nasri and Bendtner was a huge mistake. The midfield had absolutely no balance. Rosicky just isn't creative enough to line up alongside Denilson and Song.

I know players are tired but everyone in the league has that problem. The players just need to push through, at least to an extent. All those guys who were rested are sure to start against Barca, I would have been happier to rest maybe 2 of Diaby, Nasri and Bendtner yesterday and one against Barca. Theres a balance to these things and Wenger didn't find it yesterday. It was a massive gamble after dropping points last week and we barely got away with it. Even if some people feel the Barca game is more important a failure to win yesterday could have really destroyed morale.

banduan

Established Member
like I said, can't win.

Drop tired/injured players and you've blown it.
Play them and you've blown it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Just finished watching the match. What a chaotic finaly minutes! Can't believe we didnt score the 2nd goal when we had 5v1.

Don't understand why everybody is criticising Theo. He has created all the best chances for us. Some blind alley runs, but generally he was quite good. Hahnemann was fantastic, otherwise it would have been 5 or 6 nil easily. Don't see much wrong with the team selection. Eduardo was horrible though.

Btw, does anybody thinks that was a red card. I see many people saying that its not even a yellow card and its a diablic decision, but for me that was a dangerous tackle. The celebrations on the touch line and on the pitch during the goal was fantastic. Moments where we really love it

Zico

Established Member
banduan said:
like I said, can't win.

Drop tired/injured players and you've blown it.
Play them and you've blown it.

True. On the subject of sitting Nasri and Diaby, Wenger has to be thinking to some extent "I definitely do not have Robin, Cesc, Bill and Andriy for the Barca game. Do I really want to risk losing more players? Maybe I should leave a few on the bench just to be safe, especially those with knocks." Can't fault that approach if that's his mindset

otfgoon

Established Member
Some players just cannot be rested though, such as Cesc. If he was fit he would have played, and I think the injuries have elevated Nasri to a similar satus.

Y va marquer

Established Member
AW didn't blow anything yesterday by resting players (rotating squad?)
We won and we kept a clean sheet.
Job done.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Its probably been done to death but the 5 v 1 situation we found ourselves in was a mistake by Nasri. Intially thought Theo played the wrong pass but really Nasri should have gone left to Bendtner who had much more space and would have had a shot on goal, first touch permitting of course.

Herbert Chapman

ricky1985 said:
Bendtner had to head that down also. That's the first thing you learn as a striker, "head the ball down!".

Down for attack....up for defence..

Under 7's all the way to pro I believe :D

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I don't know why people act like we didn't create enough chances just because we rested some players. Have you seen the stats?

hwg8jq.png

We were dominating. There was no need to risk Nasri, Clichy or Diaby if they carried knocks. The players who started the game simply should've put it in the net much sooner than they did.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom