• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Vs Kitchee FC - 10:00 AM - Sun 29/07/12 ESPN

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Coquelin been a huge disappointment this preseason. Eisfeld and Miquel have impressed me. Aneke looks too sluggish for me.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yes, Coquelin has been poor. I still maintain Frimpong has a better chance.

Miquel has been good but was terrible for their first goal today.

Eisfeld neat and tidy and has a brain. He's the type of player we need to make our game work.

ricky1985

Established Member
yuvken said:
Anyone care to summarize what happened (missed the game completely)?
(chuks, ox, Eisfeld, defense in particular).
Started with:

Szczesny

Eastmond-Djourou-Miquel-Gibbs

Diaby-Coquelin-Chamberlain

Walcott-Chamakh-Ryo

First half was terrible. The sort of disjointed, ragged performance we saw a number of times away from home last season. They pushed us back and had much more of the ball than we did in dangerous positions. The midfield offered no protection to the back four, lack of pressure on the ball from everyone, and the defenders themselves were all over the place. Everyone played like they were half asleep, and, to be fair, they did look very heavy legged after some hard training. No excuse for not being able to pass the ball properly, though, or being able to exert some kind of technical superiority over what were, in truth, very weak opponents.

Second half was MUCH better. We absolutely dominated from start to finish, had them camped on the edge of their own box. Gervinho wreaked havoc with his pace and dribbling, and Afobe hit the post when he should have scored.

Chamberlain had a pretty average game. Played some good passes, did some good things, but was pretty lackadaisical throughout. Gave the ball away far too many times for a player of his ability. Always looked dangerous when he moved out wide though, set up Afobe for a pretty easy headed chance, but the Benik headed over.

Eisfeld looked very neat and tidy in the 25 minutes or so that he got. Don't think he gave the ball away once, confident touches and slotted his goal in nicely. Showed a couple of good bursts of speed as well. Looks a very smart player.

Aneke wasn't quite as impressive as he has been previously. Gave the ball away a few times and looked a little heavy legged (like most others) at times. Did have a good shot and showed some other moments of class, and was a part of why we controlled the game second half.

eye4goal

Established Member
Impact said:
Defensively, our pressing is still poor. It lacks a real cohesion and structure throughout the team.

A little bit worrying that. The lack of cutting edge is understandable, but defence and midfield is first choice for the start of the season(Koscielny apart). Jenkinson is a huge worry for me at RB. Hope we can make a couple of signings in time

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
eye4goal said:
Impact said:
Defensively, our pressing is still poor. It lacks a real cohesion and structure throughout the team.

A little bit worrying that. The lack of cutting edge is understandable, but defence and midfield is first choice for the start of the season(Koscielny apart). Jenkinson is a huge worry for me at RB. Hope we can make a couple of signings in time
huh?

perspolis

July 22nd: 14 hours of flight time from London to Kuala Lumpur (Must quickly adjust to the 8 hours time difference)

July 24th: Game in 90% humidity
July 25th: 6 hour flight to Beijing
July 27th: Game under heavy rain
July 27th: 4 hour flight to Hong Kong
July 29th: Game in 80% humidity

I think it's fair to say that that's way too much to ask from any player to do in 7 days!!!

Results are irrelevant. Good job to them all for working so hard. Now they can go home and rest a bit!

mo50

Established Member
It's a very unusual preseason alright. Now we've got no games until Cologne on Aug. 12th, which will be the first and only preseason game for some important players.

At least we'll have a good 2 weeks in London to train now, instead of flying off to Nigeria for some more hecticness.

eye4goal

Established Member
USArsenal said:
eye4goal said:
Impact said:

huh?

Was speaking of the tour in general. The defending has been poor throughout. It was make-shift here, but it was Jenkinson, TV, Bartley/Dj and Gibbs against City and Malaysia

wishful_llama

TBH I'd probably rather the players were out of London until the disruptive Olympics sideshow is over. Maybe one of Arsène's much loved Austria trips instead?

trunks206

Established Member
oh to be a goon said:
I'd love to see someone try that free kick flick that Kitchee almost pulled on us this season.

I can see it now...

3 November 2012
Away at OT against United; late in the second half Ox is fouled on the edge of the box after blowing past a visually emotional Patrice Evra. Arteta lines up over the ball, Giroud and Vermaelen begin their runs, but shockingly Arteta flicks it up forward towards Alex Song who peels out of the wall and performs a stunning overhead kick past De Gea.

The whole team minus Rosicky piles onto Song, however thankfully this time he isn't popping a boner. Rosicky looks up at the big screen for the replay as he didnt watch the free kick.

The goal puts Arsenal's tally to 9 on the day. Bar the away support section, OT at this point is almost empty with the stands littered with discarded flags which were given to supporters prior to the match in hopes of building atmosphere.

The game ends 9-0 and the result from the fixture the season pior is forever forgotten. The game is one of many masterclass performances throughout the season and Arsenal storm the league and pick up another gold PL trophy.

The trophy drought ends, tears of joy are shed and babies are made throughout the globe.

Arsenal Football Club go on to dominate England and all of Europe for eons.

:D

beck

Established Member
Gunner30 said:
Has Chamakh ever caught a shot properly without scuffing it?
10/11
birmingham[h]
took a ball from wilshere left hand side of the box
ghosted past dann held off another defender and placed the ball past the keeper.
wolves [a] having scored with a power header in the 1st minute he secured the points with a clinical finish in the last

beck

Established Member
Segway said:
fabo said:
2-1 down now.

Defence is gonna be a sight to behold next season, regardless of who plays.

Another 50 goals conceded?
what do you mean another?
not conceded 50 goals since 83/84
jennings,robson,sansom,o,leary,caton

beck

Established Member
Invincible said:
We will never defend well under Wenger. The days of the famous back four are long gone.
we have defended well under wenger since the famous back four.
thats what makes it amazing that he pays such scant regard to it now.
03/04
lehmann,cole,lauren,campbell,toure conceded 26 goals
05/06
lehmann,lauren,eboue,senderos or campbell, toure conceded 31 goals
07/08
almunia,sagna,clichy,toure,gallas conceded 31 goals.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
notice the trend after 07/08 though..

31 (07/08)
37 (08/09)
41 (09/10)
43 (10/11)
49 (11/12)

you dont win trophies going in that direction

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom