• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Liverpool Ratings Thread

outlaw_member

Established Member
Szczesny 6.5/10

Jenkinson 4/10
Vermaelen 7.5/10
Miquel 6/10
Sagna 6/10

Frimpong 5/10
Ramsey 4.5/10
Nasri 6/10

Walcott 4/10
van Persie 5/10
Arshavin 4/10

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Szczesny 7/10

Jenkinson 5/10
Vermaelen 8/10
Miquel 6/10
Sagna 6/10

Frimpong 7/10
Ramsey 5/10
Nasri 5.5/10

Walcott 3/10
van Persie 5/10
Arshavin 0/10

DC Gunner

Established Member
I believe Szczesny deserve a much higher rating, I would give him an 8.

I am too annoyed to rate the rest.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Szczesny 8

Jenkinson 6
Vermaelen 8
Miquel 6
Sagna 6.5

Frimpong 4
Ramsey 0
Nasri 6.5

Walcott 2
van Persie N/A
Arshavin 4

GOONER1991

Established Member
Szczesny - Could do nothing for the goals, did everything else well. 7/10

Jenkinson - Did decently for his debut, but is clearly not ready for first team football yet. 5/10

Vermaelen - Absolute beast, could ask nothing more of him. 8/10

Miquel - Decent game from him, but was knackered by the end, which allowed their second goal. Unlucky on the own goal, otherwise looked composed. 6/10

Sagna - Is not a LB. Where was he on the goals? 5/10

Frimpong - Was a beast in midfield, but was naive for his two yellows. 7/10

Ramsey - Guy was awful in my opinion. In a game where we were battling in midfield he was absolutely non-existant. Cannot remember either a challenge or a pass of note. 3/10

Nasri - Professional, and played well. Could see him getting frustrated with the lack of quality from the players around him when he was calling for the ball. Showed urgency and I couldn't ask any more from him if I'm honest. Fell off in the second half, especially when he was shifted onto the left. 7/10

Van Persie - Going to be a hard season for him. Barely gets the ball. Absolutely no service, but should have put away the one chance he did get. Maybe he'll stay fit this season, considering he'll never get the ball. 4/10

Walcott - Absolute crap. Is clearly a striker. Like Chicarito, his main attribute is his pace, movement and finishing. Everytime Enrique stood him up, Theo simply ran the ball out of play. 2/10

Arshavin - I have defended this guy as much as I can, but when he cannot perform a basic square ball, there is a problem. 1/10

jay-d

Established Member
Szczesny 7.5/10

Jenkinson 5/10
Vermaelen 9/10
Miquel 6/10
Sagna 7/10

Frimpong 6.5/10 - Due to Red
Ramsey 5/10
Nasri 6.5/10 - Due to tiring at end.

Walcott 4/10
van Persie 2/10 - Is that a captains performance? Missed a sitter as well.
Arshavin 3/10

fabo

6.51 / 10
Hilarious watching Wenger squirm like a drowned rat at the end. Cesc is not around to bail your s**t squad out now.

Beaten by a crap Liverpool side who offered nothing, despite what Redknapp said afterwards. They would never have scored if it stayed 11 vs 11.

Szczesny...7...very good again. Strong start to the season.

Sagna..7...another good performance despite being shafted to an unfamiliar role.
Vermaelen...8..beast of a performance and was MOTM from either side. Dominated Carroll.
Koscielny...n/a..hopefully this means we will actually buy a CB now. Had time to give the ball away as usual.
Jenkinson...5...out of his depth but worked hard. Criminal that he's playing really.
Miquel...4...why kick it against a red shirt? Dumb and too slow.

Ramsey...4....should be a squad player for now. Denilson or Diaby would do no worse, slow on the ball, jogging around, vision is average.
Frimpong...5..idiot, cost us the game there.
Lansbury........n/a
Nasri....6..far better than most players for us. I'd say he's delighted to get out and rightly so.

Theo....4....this guy was awful, no Cesc around to put him in on goal. Can't control a ball or beat a man.
Arshavin.....4.....crap
Van Persie....5....bottled big chance at 0-0. Isolated but average when on the ball.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sorry, but you can't be giving Robin 2 and Walcott and Arshavin higher ratings, Robin had no service, yes he should have scored but when you're playing with a sprinter and what looked like a ball boy asked to play a game....you're going to struggle.

I don't know how anybody can rate Arshavin after that, really don't.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Szczesny 6

Jenkinson 6
Vermaelen 9
Miquel 6
Sagna 7

Frimpong 6 - Minus one for the red card. Like the look of him though.
Ramsey 5
Nasri 7

Arshavin 4
Van Persie 4
Walcott 3

Too many players who don't want the ball. The likes of Ramsey, Walcott and Chamakh are always hiding when the going gets tough, we need someone like Cesc who always looks to get the ball and make things happen. Arshavin tries but isn't good enough anymore.

On a slightly more positive note, I was relatively pleased with how the youngsters performed. I hope to God Wenger protects them by buying quality and experience because days like these drain confidence.

brady_style

Szczesny - Solid. Shouts alot - which is good. 7/10

Jenkinson - Clearly not ready for first team football yet. Looks physically very weak. 5/10

Vermaelen - Absolute beast, could ask nothing more of him. 8/10

Miquel - Decent. Needs to hit the weights. His positioning on defending corners and free kicks was a bit suspect. But hey - we don't train defense. 6/10

Sagna - Ran around a lot. Nothing going forward. 6/10

Frimpong - Beast. Most athletic, turbo charged performance in midfield since Flamini left. Well done. 7.5

Ramsey - Contrary to some he tackled a lot. Made a few good passes. Looked tired and lost his touch for the last 20 minutes or so. 5

Nasri - Professional, and played well. Like to see more of him on the ball. Dropped way too deep at times 7/10

Van Persie - Dropped too deep. Poor movement in the box 5/10

Walcott - Absolute crap. Is clearly a striker. His movement is useless. He dribble away from players rather than at them making it easier for them to shepard him out of play. Dribble right at the player and then change at the last minute you knob ! 2/10

Arshavin - Tried to do the right things. Failed. Looks incapable of improving his poor physical condition. 3/10

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Szczesny - Good future in GK area, no worries there. Good performance. 8/10

Jenkinson - Contained Downing, and Adams. good work. 7/10

Vermaelen - Thumbs up!. 8.5/10

Miquel - there was nothing he can do on the own goal, otherwise looked composed bar few occasion. 6/10

Sagna - Combines well with Arshavin, a bit too offensive at times but fair enough 6.5/10

Frimpong - Well, Song you got a competition. At times I thought he was like a young essien. 7/10

Ramsey - Guy was awful in my opinion. In a game where we were battling in midfield he was absolutely non-existent. Cannot remember either a challenge or a pass of note. 1/10

Nasri - played well. altough didn't see him tracking back. 7/10

Van Persie - not a target man. again and again I say. 4/10

Walcott - Absolute crap. No vision, no creativity and no even a shot when he only got 1 defender ahead of him. 3/10

Arshavin - Tried, and failed miserably. at least he is now tracking back to defend. 3/10

Bendtner - he made a good first touch

progman07

Established Member
Szczesny, Vermaelen 9.

Frimpong 8.

They were great, Frimpong though payed for his inexperience, two stupid yellows.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Vermaelen was so good, feel desperately sorry for him carrying that inept defence.

Carragher said in the post-match interview that TV would have got MOTM had it stayed at 0-0. True words.

Hoya

I usually love to give player ratings, but the amount of players that were thrown into the fire surely affected not only their own performance but also everyone else on the team.

The young players acquitted themselves well enough, every single one of them, but there is no way that many teenagers should even be on the bench in this type of fixture.

Vermaelen was in a class all his own in this match, both sides included. Liverpool are a completely average squad (although they were certainly better than Arsenal today), but Tommy V really looked world class out there. What was asked of him (and Sagna for that matter) today was completely unreasonable and ridiculous, but he really stepped up.

Walcott & Ramsey, though, I must single out as absolutely dire. Van Persie has nothing to be proud of, although for a 2nd week running he has no creativity around him to give him any kind of service. Arshavin was at least thinking positive, but it hasn't really come off for him for quite a long time now.

giuliob

Szczesny 7 Another solid performance. Needs to improve on his distribution.
Sagna 7 The silent warrior
Vermaelen 8 MOTM
Koscielny Didn't play long enough
Jenkinson 6 Listen, for a 1st time performance, no complaints. He deserves the rating for heart and effort alone.
Miquel Too green for such a pressure cooker game.

Ramsey 4 Hope it's the rustiness he's working off. Really seems off. Somebody who misses Jack and Cesc.
Frimpong 5.5 Did AW say anything at all to him at half time? Went brain dead, although he has great potential.
Lansbury
Nasri 6 Had his moments
Theo 4 Will somebody give this lad some instruction?
Arshavin 4 He is at rock bottom, so he can only go up
Van Persie 5 He misses his pal Cesc, and hopefully, he is rusty.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Rain Dance said:
Szczesny - Good future in GK area, no worries there. Good performance. 8/10

Jenkinson - Contained Downing, and Adams. good work. 7/10

Vermaelen - Thumbs up!. 8.5/10

Miquel - there was nothing he can do on the own goal, otherwise looked composed bar few occasion. 6/10

Sagna - Combines well with Arshavin, a bit too offensive at times but fair enough 6.5/10

Frimpong - Well, Song you got a competition. At times I thought he was like a young essien. 7/10

Ramsey - Guy was awful in my opinion. In a game where we were battling in midfield he was absolutely non-existent. Cannot remember either a challenge or a pass of note. 1/10

Nasri - played well. altough didn't see him tracking back. 7/10

Van Persie - not a target man. again and again I say. 4/10

Walcott - Absolute crap. No vision, no creativity and no even a shot when he only got 1 defender ahead of him. 3/10

Arshavin - Tried, and failed miserably. at least he is now tracking back to defend. 3/10

Bendtner - he made a good first touch

Did you copy and paste that from me? :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom