• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Liverpool Ratings Thread

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Szczesny 6.5/10

Jenkinson 6.5/10
Vermaelen 9/10
Miquel 6.5/10
Sagna 7/10

Frimpong 7/10 (not marking for the sending off..;)
Ramsey 4.5/10
Nasri 6/10

Walcott 4/10
van Persie 6/10
Arshavin 4/10

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Szczesny 8

Jenkinson 6
Vermaelen 10
Miquel 6
Sagna 7

Frimpong 8
Ramsey 4
Nasri 6

Walcott 3
van Persie 5
Arshavin 1

Apart from his rash tackling and a red card I thought Frimpong was a beast in midfield. I've noticed against Udinese and today only confirmed it that he has a decent pace and a sweet right foot to boot.

Verms is world class, period. Had Carrol and Suarez in his back pocket, Snez was great as well and Sagna was solid at LB although he was invisible in the attacking half.

All the rest were painfully mediocre.

Yaya

Established Member
Szczesny-7/10
Jenkinson-4/10
Vermaelen-8/10
Miquel-6/10
Sagna-6/10
Frimpong-5/10
Ramsey-1/10
Nasri-5.5/10
Walcott-3/10
RvP-4/10
Arshavin-1/10

outlaw_member

Established Member
I wrote a post a while back in reference to Walcott as a wide player, and how he'd only succeed in a team like Arsenal in that position, given how reliant he was on creative service. For a team like England who didn't have any top creators to fall back on, he would often receive the ball to his feet in deep areas of the pitch, where he was unable to display any of his goalscoring qualities. As such, he almost always a poor figure to watch for the NT side, and really had no place in it as he was completely inadequate for his role, given the strengths and weaknesses of the team. At Arsenal, we'd routinely dominate games from start to end, so he was not frequently needed deeper on the pitch, thus protecting his complete lack of ability in the middle third. He could then play right in behind the fullback and make runs inside, whilst the other players ensured our dominance. However, soon we could be in a situation where we are no longer dominating games or possession, and as such, increasing Walcott's importance to an extent where he is one of the players expected to create and drop deep to accelerate the attack. As we all know, he doesn't have the qualities to perform this role.

There was some discussion a couple of days back regarding Walcott and what is his best position is. Personally, I think he suits the role of a RFW where he can make diagonal runs onto goal, a role no different to the one of last season. However, such a role can only exist in a team where the midfield is strong enough to push the opponent into its own half. Any team who cannot consistently do that will not have their wide forwards high up the pitch, looking to make runs into the box. Their forwards will rather end up performing as side midfielder's as the team as a whole is not compressing into opponents half. So essentially, the requirements would change, and suddenly we'll need players who can actually play in the middle of the park and make passes and whatnot. If no new signings are brought in, Walcott will definitely need to be moved upfront if we are to save him.

The needs of a team and the roles which exist within it constantly changes depending on all the tactical and personnel alterations that are made. We'll need a whole new set of requirements and roles, if no new players are brought in, and we perform similarly for the rest of the season.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@outie : there were moments when Walcott asked for the ball to be play at his feet instead running ball for him to chase. and his insistence to show his dribbling skills is killing our play.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Szczesny 7

Jenkinson 4
Vermaelen 8
Miquel 6
Sagna 7

Frimpong 6
Ramsey 4
Nasri 6

Walcott 3
van Persie 3
Arshavin 4

Raider

Established Member
Verm did everything I'd want him to do out there today, lead the team, ordered, hurrid, hussel and busseled his way through the 90 minutes.

10/10 for Thomas V. The rest, I just can't be bothered to do.

Theos still garbage, no control... again.

Frimpong was good, difficult for him at times, but from what I did see, he's deserved of a 7 for me.

eye4goal

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
At Arsenal, we'd routinely dominate games from start to end, so he was not frequently needed deeper on the pitch, thus protecting his complete lack of ability in the middle third. He could then play right in behind the fullback and make runs inside, whilst the other players ensured our dominance. However, soon we could be in a situation where we are no longer dominating games or possession, and as such, increasing Walcott's importance to an extent where he is one of the players expected to create and drop deep to accelerate the attack. As we all know, he doesn't have the qualities to perform this role.

Great analysis Outlaw, but he should still be doing better, or let's say we should be doing better than Theo. Ideally you'd want your forwards to impact the game in the final third but you'd still need to come deep and link up especially against the top teams when you're not going to dominate the game throughout. He should be by now performing those duties at least to an adequate level, it is frankly shocking and with Arshavin on the other side it just meant that RVP was more and more isolated.

cuban

Established Member
Szczesny 8/10 brilliant

Jenkinson 6/10 decent
Vermaelen 10/10
Miquel 7,5/10 thought he was very good myself
Sagna 6/10

Frimpong 6/10 would be more if he wasn't stupid
Ramsey 5/10
Nasri 6/10

Walcott 3/10
van Persie 5/10
Arshavin 4/10

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Vermaelen's performance deserves a 10, can't remember one thing he did wrong the whole game! Easily top 3 CB in the Pl imo.. Szczesny was great too..

arsmile

Established Member
snez-8- this position is finally sorted

jenkinson-5- i mean, he is decent for someone who was playign non league football last year, got a great cross on him- but he is not better cover than eboue

kos-6- his injury could genuinely be a disaster if we dont get someoen new in

verm-9- great

sagna-6- coveered the position fine

frimpong-7- thought he was great, was always going to get sent off after that first bookign, but plenty of huge positives in this game- must be annoyed with his suspension because he had a little run of games ahead of him here to prove himself.

ramsey-4- he has had a completely anonymous start to the season which is a worry, goal wasnt his fault obviously- but needs to take responsibility creatively

nasri-7-cant fault him for what he gave- he was the only player likely to open them up

arsh-4- really seems to have got a lot weaker on the ball...like a slow walcott

theo-3- he is pointless sometimes....jsut goes months without touching the ball and does nothign with it when he does get it

robin-4- really not much from him

miquel-5- thought he was looking good, but then he was stupid for that goal- should not be flicking it in that scenario, just smash it somewhere- but then that is inexperience, for which we suffered- in all respects. that is what messed us up defensivley today- which is a different problem to our complete inability to create chances.

lansbry-5

bendtner-5- but who would we have brought on were he to leave?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I'm glad people are calling Walcott for what he clearly is.

This will be a looooong and a very painful season :(

Linson

Szczesny has stamped his authority on the number one shirt and hopefully that ass clown Failanski won't get near it again. Ever. 8/10

Jenkinson 6/10 decent

Vermaelen How can people say that Vermaelen couldn't have done anymore then give him an 8/10!?!?!?!?!?!? That was one of the finest performances of a centre half in an Arsenal shirt since... since I don't even know when. Awesome, simply awesome. 10/10

Miquel A lot of potential here 7/10

Sagna Out of position and did not put a foot wrong 8/10

Frimpong So much potential 7/10

Ramsey 5/10

Nasri I really wish he wasn't going but who can blame him? 6/10

Walcott Useless 1/10

van Persie Strikers only do as well as their supply. He had none. 5/10

Arshavin Actually detrimental, he gave the ball away a criminal number of times. I am now convinced he is past it. -1/10

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Szczesny 8

Jenkinson 6
Vermaelen 9
Miquel 6
Sagna 6.5

Frimpong 6
Ramsey 2
Nasri 6.5

Walcott 2
van Persie 6
Arshavin 4

jay-d

Established Member
albakos said:

And what's that? He had a poor game today. but scored in midweek . Theo thrives on service, balls played for him to run on to. he got 0. Yet rvp is excused for lack of service and misses a sitter and not a word. double standard rubbish. clueless classless people some of you.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Both of them were rubbish really. But Theo's inability to do the basics was pretty embarassing at times, I was cringing at some of the stuff.

I'm sure he'll still notch a few goals, double figures probably, but we should be looking at bringing in a quality wide forward. Hate to keep saying it but Suarez would have been perfect in a supporting role to RVP. You could probably shift Suarez into a false number 9 position when RVP was out too.

mo50

Established Member
I thought when we signed Jenkinson he was a RB that liked getting forward and was technically good. He was horrible going forward and his technique is poor for an Arsenal player. He isn't the type of fullback I want to see being Sagna's understudy. Whenever he received the ball he'd kick it backwards every single time, and all he does in the final third is cross the ball without looking.

Vermaelen is the man. I still can't comprehend how bad we missed him last season. This guys a ****ing warrior, and I love him to bits. He made Carrol look like a schoolboy and won literally every single thing in the air. Its a damn shame he isn't partnered by another rock and is playing with several debutants.

Oh, Andrei Arshavin needs to **** off. Someone like Ryo or AOC would've done a better job.

La Sagna

Established Member
albakos said:

Seriously why are people acting like this?

He had a poor game against a class LB, as he did last time. He's clearly an on-your-shoulder last defender winger rather than the dribble past five defender one.

It's like blaming Arshavin for not winning enough headers but people don't do that do they.
If Walcott is used correctly, as the RECIEVER of the final ball, then he will be the star of the season.

But right now as a team we are neither here nor there.

brady_style

La Sagna said:
albakos said:

Seriously why are people acting like this?

He had a poor game against a class LB, as he did last time. He's clearly an on-your-shoulder last defender winger rather than the dribble past five defender one.

It's like blaming Arshavin for not winning enough headers but people don't do that do they.
If Walcott is used correctly, as the RECIEVER of the final ball, then he will be the star of the season.

But right now as a team we are neither here nor there.

He needs to make better runs if he wants to receive the ball on the move. The amount of times he didn't make a run today was ridiculous. Remember in the first half that great run from Nasri, watch it again on MOTD and you'll see Theo jogging beside Nasi for a sideways pass instead of pulling into the space in front and to his right and pulling a defender away.

He failed to do basic things today. It was like he had regressed to how he was in his first season. And that's why his rating is so low.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom