• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Man City Player Ratings

outlaw_member

Established Member
Fabianski 6/10

Sagna 7/10
Djourou 7/10
Koscielny 6/10
Clichy 8/10

Song 7/10
Wilshere 6/10
Fabregas 7.5/10

Nasri 7/10
Walcott 6/10
van Persie 7/10

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Fabianski 7

Sagna 6.5
Djourou 7
Koscielny 7
Clichy 7.5

Song 8 MOTM
Wilshere 7
Fabregas 7

Nasri 6.5
Walcott 6
Van Persie 7

Arshavin - at least he tried really hard

Bossa

Established Member
Fabianski 7

Sagna 6
Djourou 7
Koscielny 7
Clichy 7

Song 8
Wilshere 7
Fabregas 7

Nasri 6
Walcott 6
RVP 5

Arshavin 4

Rorz

Established Member
Thought everyone played relatively well today, 9 times out of 10 we would have netted in the first half and might have won, but football is like that sometimes.

City didn't come out much but everyone stayed very disciplined; Song had another great game I thought. Defence untroubled but mostly sound and that's a second consecutive clean sheet now.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Fabianski - 6

Sagna - 3.5 (7 for performance, 0 for reaction)
Djourou - 6
Koscielny - 6
Clichy - 7

Wilshere - 6
Song - 8
Fabregas - 7

Walcott - 5
Van Persie - 6
Nasri - 6

Subs:

Arshavin - 6 (stop your pointless back heels)
Bendtner - N/A

sabret00the

Established Member
Fabianski - 7 - Worked hard, one or two nervous moments, but that's always gonna happen when you're forced to ball watch as much as he was.

Sagna - 7 - Held his shape well which enabled us to burst forward. Silly card.
Djourou - 8 - Bar one or two early bad moments, he was excellent. Especially with the ball at his feet.
Koscielny - 7 - Was OK, but I'm still hoping the Mertesacker is a real one.
Clichy - 7 - Done his job well. Showed ability and brains in both attack and defence.

Song - 8 - His best game all season for me. Disciplined and productive.
Wilshere - 8 - His goal threat was fantastic and gave them something else to think about. We looked less fluid when he went off.
Fabregas - 8 - Good game, on another day he would've had three assists.

Nasri - 6 - Just wasn't his day, one or two bright spark moments and spent a lot of time being a competent cog, but we expect more enterprise from our attacking players.
Walcott - 7 - Was a threat whenever he was in possession and was fantastic off the ball too.
RVP - 8 - Was orgasmic whenever we played to his feet. Pity he never got a goal, but was a huge problem for them. They struggled to deal with him from the start.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Fabianski 7

Sagna 7
Djourou 7
Koscielny 7
Clichy 7

Song 8 MOTM
Wilshere 7
Fabregas 7

Nasri 6
Walcott 5
RVP 5

Arshavin 3

yuvken

Established Member
Sabre's ratings exactly how I feel.

SA - harsh on Bac. With Nas our best player this year, but has to eat s**** from just about any
low life in the league. Half the brum team, headed by that criminal, tried to do him just 4 days ago, and now this guy throws him out like this. Should control himself, but it's not like he came at him and totally lost it.

IBL

Established Member
Fabianski 7 - clean sheet, easy game for him

Sagna 7 - solid
Djourou 7 - continues to impress
Koscielny 6.5 - better from him
Clichy 7

Song 7 - welcome back Alex, goodbye Rigobert
Wilshere 6 - some good moments but also some sloppy passes
Fabregas 7 - tried hard

Nasri 7 - ditto
Walcott 6 - not one of his better games
van Persie 7 - getting there

russkiegooner

Kroket said:
Fabianski 7

Sagna 6.5
Djourou 7
Koscielny 7
Clichy 7.5

Song 8 MOTM
Wilshere 7
Fabregas 7

Nasri 6.5
Walcott 6
Van Persie 7

I'd go with those. So disappointed that can't be bothered to rate players. We outplayed them in every department and still didn't manage to win.

ricky1985

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Fabianski - 7 - Worked hard, one or two nervous moments, but that's always gonna happen when you're forced to ball watch as much as he was.

Sagna - 7 - Held his shape well which enabled us to burst forward. Silly card.
Djourou - 8 - Bar one or two early bad moments, he was excellent. Especially with the ball at his feet.
Koscielny - 7 - Was OK, but I'm still hoping the Mertesacker is a real one.
Clichy - 7 - Done his job well. Showed ability and brains in both attack and defence.

Song - 8 - His best game all season for me. Disciplined and productive.
Wilshere - 8 - His goal threat was fantastic and gave them something else to think about. We looked less fluid when he went off.
Fabregas - 8 - Good game, on another day he would've had three assists.

Nasri - 6 - Just wasn't his day, one or two bright spark moments and spent a lot of time being a competent cog, but we expect more enterprise from our attacking players.
Walcott - 7 - Was a threat whenever he was in possession and was fantastic off the ball too.
RVP - 8 - Was orgasmic whenever we played to his feet. Pity he never got a goal, but was a huge problem for them. They struggled to deal with him from the start.
About sums it up for me. We were very, very good.

brady_style

Fabianski - 8 Looked very very solid. Good, quick distribution. Very quick off his line to snuff out danger.

Sagna - 8 Passion and heart. ( would have got more if he had connected properly with that headbutt ;) )

Djourou 7 Great game. He's coming on leaps and bounds every game.

Kos 7 Great game. He looked assured on the ball and he managed a whole 90 minutes without a brain fart.

Clichy 6.5 Good defensively. I don't think he offered us enough width for the final 30 minutes. Maybe this was because Adam Johnson was on the right wing for this period.

Song 7 Very good game. Disciplined. Piss poor hair and beard.

Cesc 6.5 They marked him very very tight. He kept trying. He wasn't helped in the second half by Nasri's piss poor positioning for the final 20 minutes Nasri seemed to be always around 3 metres away from him standing completely still.

Jack 7 Excellent. Moved the ball about at pace with a good variety of passing. Ran his heart out. We certainly lacked fluidity when he went off. I feel this was mainly due to our terrible formation for the last 20 minutes. Bendtner on the wing ? Nasri hanging around the middle of the park doing nothing.

Nasri 5.5 Very good first half. Didn't do enough in the second half. Needs to run at his man more. Needs to make runs into space rather than checking and looking for the ball to feet every time.

Walctott 7 Not a great display but he caused City problems the entire time he was on the pitch. Unlucky to be substituted.

Van Persie[/b] 7 Tired as the game went on. Very good first half. Got stuck in as well.

Wenger 5 Ridiculous substitutions. We finished the game with no shape whatsoever. Bendtner was on the left wing. Arshavin on the right. Nasri and Cesc way way too deep and narrow. And RVP isolated up front.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Wilshere had some great moments, but he also had many very poor ones.

van Persie started off greatly, but steeped off mid-way through the game. I also don't agree with the notion that he was unlucky.

Song was very impressive, and Clichy was an absolute rock.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
yuvken said:
Sabre's ratings exactly how I feel.

SA - harsh on Bac. With Nas our best player this year, but has to eat s**** from just about any
low life in the league. Half the brum team, headed by that criminal, tried to do him just 4 days ago, and now this guy throws him out like this. Should control himself, but it's not like he came at him and totally lost it.

Touching heads as an aggressor equals an immediate card and three match ban. I cant excuse Sagna's stupidity here, all he needed to do was voice his opinion and leave his forehead out of it. There were enough examples of straight reds for this recently.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Fabianski..............6

Sagna..........6
Koscielny......7
Djourou...............7
Clichy.............7

Song...........8
Cesc..........8
Jack..........6.5

Theo...........6
RVP...........6.5
Nasri.........6.5

Aggggggggggghhhhh! So pissed off after that. The midfield was very good which is encouraging - some of the combination play first half was excellent but we absolutely have to score when we are on top.

Jack in the 1st minute. WTF? Stick that away son, or square it to RVP.

We are beginning to see how strong we can be with our top players fit but I fear the damage may be done now.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Fabianski..............6 - not much to do.

Sagna..........7 - Was Jo there?
Koscielny......7 - solid
Djourou...............7 ''
Clichy.............7 - Good defensively

Song...........8
Cesc..........7.5
Jack..........7.5

Theo...........7
RVP...........6.5
Nasri.........6.5

We played well to be fair. Nasri was a little quieter than usual and RVP only looks dangerous from set pieces so they get lower scores tonight.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom