• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Man City Player Ratings

yuvken

Established Member
Initially I thought lukazan has a point - been a long time since VP's FKs were a lethal weapon. But to say they're "crap" is over the top: among the rest of the things he does, he is slowly regaining his kick, first from range (if anyone doubts that they just missed the last chapters), and last will be the FKs. It is very clear he doesn't shoot as hard as before, trying to get the accuracy/curve past the wall. It takes confidence, even a bit of arrogance. He'll get there.
And even if we do find "crap" adequate, he's still the best we have.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
outlaw_member said:
For what it's worth. I don't have a problem with van Persie as a player. My issue is using him as a CF. Plus, his performances are usually good, and he's one of our better performers. However, I personally desire that the main striker was our best performer, or atleast as good as Cesc. If there is one thing that every successful side in recent times has had, it's a great, great goalscorer. We don't have that, at the moment at least.

In his brief career as a lone striker last season UP UNTIL he got injured, RVP looked the part and he was scoring goals. Give him time time to get match fit and scoring. I am certain he'll come good shortly.
I tend to agree with the great goal scorer argument somewhat, however, Arsenal more than any other team spread the love in front of goal and we are still top scorers in the league this season

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom