• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Man City Player Ratings

qs

Established Member
Fabianski 7

Sagna 7
Djourou 7
Koscielny 7
Clichy 7

Song 8
Wilshere 7
Fabregas 7

Nasri 7
Walcott 6
van Persie 7

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
fabo said:
We are beginning to see how strong we can be with our top players fit but I fear the damage may be done now.

I dont follow mate, care to elaborate please?

Zinc

Never feel the urge for these when we dont win but i wanted to mention how fantastic i thought Song was tonight.

He owned the midfield and battled all over. Won the ball back countless times even from the few times ****ty managed to get foward, to launch counters. But he generally choose his moments brilliant aswell. Only occasionally bursting forward with legs i think he has borrowed from diaby.

I was very impressed

ricky1985

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
We played well to be fair. Nasri was a little quieter than usual and RVP only looks dangerous from set pieces so they get lower scores tonight.
What on earth are you talking about?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Flappy didn't exactly do much wrong (or have much to do), but does his unwillingness to go for any crosses put into the box worry anyone else? The rest of his game looks good, but not that aspect.

brady_style

SA Gunner said:
fabo said:
We are beginning to see how strong we can be with our top players fit but I fear the damage may be done now.

United may go 7 clear. It's alot to make up.

Still. We do look very good with this eleven on the pitch. We may just have a sniff of a chance left.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

fabo said:
Fabianski..............6

Sagna..........6
Koscielny......7
Djourou...............7
Clichy.............7

Song...........8
Cesc..........8
Jack..........6.5

Theo...........6
RVP...........6.5
Nasri.........6.5

Aggggggggggghhhhh! So pissed off after that. The midfield was very good which is encouraging - some of the combination play first half was excellent but we absolutely have to score when we are on top.

Jack in the 1st minute. WTF? Stick that away son, or square it to RVP.

Heh its january , Fabo you bottler :wink:

outlaw_member

Established Member
If United win their game in hand, which they probably will knowing those bastards, they'll be 7 points ahead of us. That's a big gap to surmount and United seldom go through a bad run of form, which is what we'll probably require.

Lord Dula

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
fabo said:

Think he means we've given ourselves too much to do in terms
of the title whilst they were out

I agree

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Fabianski 7

Sagna 7
Djourou 7.5
Koscielny 7
Clichy 7.5

Song 8
Wilshere 7.5
Fabregas 8

Nasri 7
Walcott 7
van Perse 8

subs didn't do much..

ricky1985

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Flappy didn't exactly do much wrong (or have much to do), but does his unwillingness to go for any crosses put into the box worry anyone else? The rest of his game looks good, but not that aspect.
He reads the game so well, he's on every through ball. Think he's been caught out a few too many times trying to be aggressive on crosses and particularly set-pieces, and he's backed off a little too much now.

Maybe he doesn't have the strength or frame to come and claim high ball consistently, without risking a little too much each time he does?

He was very good in everything else he did tonight. Top class even.

yuvken

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Yes, I felt that, and it even seems like he took some sort of decision about it - he did try more when he first started playing regularly, but it caused him too many near miss/ complete mess moments. He's not good in that, and it seems he knows. On the other hand, he's the type of keeper that feels he can handle most of the stuff thrown at him when he is in goal.
It's not that he is "frozen" - you could see to day a few times he read well the need to rush out, kick or gather. He just doesn't do it with high balls.
I actually think I prefer that: the way he missed some of these high balls made me cringe. Anyway - Chez doesn't have it, so we'll just have to hold on (and how hard can that be after Al?)
Edit: Ricky, you gotta stop doing that, mate :lol: . I put effort into these things. At least post after me.

mistaT

Established Member
Who cares?

Song was about the only player to stand out....thought Clichy had a very solid game too.

Aside from that can't think of anyone doing anything great or poor....albeit it wasn't mediocre either.

yuvken

Established Member
(Ant - ) I'm sure they prefer that than walking to the half way line after conceding.

No klaus - no poll?
but it would seem Song just about takes it. I agree.

Anyone noticed Jack's performance drops in the second half almost without exception? I know he's young and all, but it sometimes looks like he has a huge game - then disappears.

fabo

6.51 / 10
ricky1985 said:
truth_hurts said:
We played well to be fair. Nasri was a little quieter than usual and RVP only looks dangerous from set pieces so they get lower scores tonight.

:lol:....classic Ricky.

Although I haven't been that impressed with RVP since his return. Saying that, I wanted him on the pitch for the full 90 even when he looked knackered, as he's always capable of pulling something out.

Celestis, harsh mate!.......:razz:

ricky1985

Established Member
fabo said:
ricky1985 said:
truth_hurts said:

:lol:....classic Ricky.

Although I haven't been that impressed with RVP since his return. Saying that, I wanted him on the pitch for the full 90 even when he looked knackered, as he's always capable of pulling something out.
Yeah, classic Ricky. Robin playing well, what am I thinking?

I thought he was exceptional, everything bar the goal that he deserved. But what do I know?

fabo

6.51 / 10
RVP is getting there, but he's far from his best IMO. Maybe could have got a goal but most of his opportunities were long-distance shots.

Doesn't score enough tbh, although we clearly look a better side with him in it.

ricky1985

Established Member
Stop listening to Outlaw, Fabo. How many chances did he miss tonight?

He ran them ragged. Toure and Kompany couldn't get the ball off him. His control in tight areas, with the ball at his feet, was absolutely mesmeric, and his left foot looked deadly. It was never going to be a game for strikers in the box, they had it too well flooded for that.

If we play like that against most of the other 19 teams in this League, Robin will start scoring for fun again.

Y va marquer

Established Member
I have to admit being irritated by Shava for the first time in quite a while.
He wasn't fully tuned in at all.

Apart from that I thought they all played well tonight but RvP just shades it for me.
That shot that forced the Hart saved was mighty.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom