• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Wigan Match Ratings

outlaw_member

Established Member
Sczcesny 6/10

Sagna 7/10
Djourou 6/10
Koscielny 6/10
Clichy 6/10

Song 6/10
Wilshere 6/10
Cesc 8/10

Walcott 7/10
Nasri 6/10
van Persie 9/10

Shue

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Sczcesny 6/10

Sagna 7/10
Djourou 6/10
Koscielny 6/10
Clichy 6/10

Song 6/10
Wilshere 6/10
Cesc 8/10

Walcott 7/10
Nasri 6/10
van Persie 9/10
Happy to agree with these.

edit: bump Song to a 7, I thought he was good today.
You must be loving RvP proving you wrong ;)

Proof

Established Member
Szczesny 7/10

Sagna 7/10
Djourou 7/10
Koscielny 7/10
Clichy 7/10 *Thank you Rich :lol:

Song 8/10
Wilshere 7/10
Fabregas 8/10

Walcott 7/10
Van Persie 9/10 MOTM
Nasri 7/10

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Proof said:
Szczesny 7/10

Sagna 7/10
Djourou 7/10
Koscielny 7/10

Song 8/10
Wilshere 7/10
Fabregas 8/10

Walcott 7/10
Van Persie 9/10 MOTM
Nasri 7/10
Was Clichy so bad he doesn't get a rating? Harsh.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Only saw 2nd Half

Sczcesny 6

Sagna 7
Djourou 6
Koscielny 6
Clichy 7

Song 7
Wilshere 7.5
Cesc 8

Walcott 7
Nasri 6
van Persie 9

MAK 14

Established Member
Szczesny 7/10

Sagna 7/10
Djourou 7/10
Koscielny 7/10
Clichy 7/10

Song 8/10
Wilshere 7.5/10
Fabregas 8/10

Walcott 7.5/10
Van Persie 9/10
Nasri 7/10

Delighted with the win. Very good performance.

russkiegooner

outlaw_member said:
Sczcesny 6/10

Sagna 7/10
Djourou 6/10
Koscielny 6/10
Clichy 6/10

Song 6/10
Wilshere 6/10
Cesc 8/10

Walcott 7/10
Nasri 6/10
van Persie 9/10
Why does Song get a 6? Thought he was a monster in the first half. Dropped a bit in the second but was still more than decent.

yuvken

Established Member
Hard to call between Fab and VP - 8.5 each, but I give it to Fab -
some of the things he did today were simply outrageous.
VP and Fab are now the level we all knew they can be - in my mind in any first 11 in the world.
Clichy, Jack and Song each get 8's too, while Theo and bac just behind that -
ALL these people mentioned had very very good games.
Nas was good too, and DJ-Kos as well - they just were not tested that much.
And Chez - he really had nothing at all to do... Fantastic performance, if not
for Habsi game it would have been astronomic.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Chesney N/A

Sagna 7
DJ 7
Kos 7
Clichy 6

Song 7.5 Done a lot of good things including two defence splitting passes. A couple of sloppy moments which he needs to cut out
Fab 7
Wilshere 6

Nasri 6
Walcott 7
RVP 10 MOTM. Best striker in the league :)

The Sleeper

Very easy game but no major mistakes today so I'll give them all at least a 7.

Song and Sagna 8.

Robin the "Postman" van Persie and Cesc 9 (deserved a goal but oh well).

Good to see Jack taking a shot from outside the box, needs to improve on those but he has to try now and then. He seems to find himself in good positions for that quite often in games, so he needs to develop his shooting to take advantage of it.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Song had a decent performance. He broke up play, made some progressive passes, misplaced some others and constantly fell down. Managed to grab an important assist, and drove forward, but otherwise he was just a pawn for Fabregas and van Persie.

Shue. I'm a bigger fan of van Persie's then I've ever let on. He's now producing at a level that I expect from our main CF. With most big teams having a goal per game attacker, it was so important that we had one too. He's got 5 in the last 3 which is exactly the type of numbers I want to see. I absolutely love it.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Sczcesny 6

Sagna 7
Djourou 7
Koscielny 7
Clichy 7

Song 7.5
Wilshere 7.5
Cesc 8.5

Walcott 6
Nasri 6
van Persie 9,5 (if he had have put the pen away he would have had 10) :D

Y va marquer

Established Member
I'd give MOTM to Robin "nearly God" van Persie.
He just shades it over Cesc by virtue of the fact he scored all 3 goals.

Overall I thought it was a wonderful performance, the kind of display that makes you believe that anything is possible.

I'm sure some people will have seen some negatives but I didn't today :)

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Song had a decent performance. He broke up play, made some progressive passes, misplaced some others and constantly fell down. Managed to grab an important assist, and drove forward, but otherwise he was just a pawn for Fabregas and van Persie.
Created the penalty too.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Ah, the pre-assist to the penalty? :D

I don't know, I personally didn't think much of Song. Just did his job in the team, and let the better players do the business.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Shue. I'm a bigger fan of van Persie's then I've ever let on. He's now producing at a level that I expect from our main CF. With most big teams having a goal per game attacker, it was so important that we had one too. He's got 5 in the last 3 which is exactly the type of numbers I want to see. I absolutely love it.
6 in his last 3 isn't it?

Also, I wouldn't read anything into the penalty miss. I could see how much he wanted it written all over his face when he stepped up, first hatrick in professional football and all that, and he went for the top corner blaster, I knew he'd miss it - he would never do that when it really mattered. He was always going to score after though, he looked a man on a mission.

Missed the first half, so can't really comment too much on the performance, but we looked good second half, if a little slack at times.

I'm really surprised at the lack of recognition for Jack, maybe he had a disappointing first half? But I thought he was majestic in the second. His passing, his touch, his dribbling, just a pleasure to watch.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Yep, you're right Ricky, it's 6 goals in 3 games.

The first half was one of the most dominant displays, ever. We couldn't finish for ****, though.

Wilshere adds great momentum to an attack, and has the ferocity off the ball which we've often lacked in midfield. His passing leaves a lot to be desired, though, and that's his biggest weakpoint at the moment.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom