• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Wigan Match Ratings

Shue

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
outlaw_member said:
Shue. I'm a bigger fan of van Persie's then I've ever let on. He's now producing at a level that I expect from our main CF. With most big teams having a goal per game attacker, it was so important that we had one too. He's got 5 in the last 3 which is exactly the type of numbers I want to see. I absolutely love it.
6 in his last 3 isn't it?

Also, I wouldn't read anything into the penalty miss. I could see how much he wanted it written all over his face when he stepped up, first hatrick in professional football and all that, and he went for the top corner blaster, I knew he'd miss it - he would never do that when it really mattered. He was always going to score after though, he looked a man on a mission.

Missed the first half, so can't really comment too much on the performance, but we looked good second half, if a little slack at times.

I'm really surprised at the lack of recognition for Jack, maybe he had a disappointing first half? But I thought he was majestic in the second. His passing, his touch, his dribbling, just a pleasure to watch.
That's why I loved Theo's assist for the third, held it up really well and so blatantly wanted RvP to score.

Shue

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Wilshere adds great momentum to an attack, and has that ferocity off the ball which we've often lacked in midfield. His passing leaves a lot to be desired, though, and that's his biggest weakpoint at the moment.
I think it'll come. He's destined for good things.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
outlaw_member said:
Shue. I'm a bigger fan of van Persie's then I've ever let on. He's now producing at a level that I expect from our main CF. With most big teams having a goal per game attacker, it was so important that we had one too. He's got 5 in the last 3 which is exactly the type of numbers I want to see. I absolutely love it.
:lol:

You're a hoot sometimes.

outlaw_member

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
outlaw_member said:
:lol:

You're a hoot sometimes.

Go back to the kitchen, auntie.

Nonetheless, van Persie has never been as prolific as this before.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Song was average enough, let's be honest. Jack is getting better and better though, he's the one controlling the games for us - although his play in the final third is still rough around the edges, he overplays and isn't much of a goal threat yet. His decision making in this area will improve with time....sometimes a one-two just isn't on so you have to hit it.

Szczesny.........6

Sagna.......6......average today.
Djourou........6
Koscielny...........6
Clichy........6.....was beaten all ends up by Di Santo in the air, that was weak. Solid overall.

Song.........6.5
Jack...........8......this kid is so good. Underrated recently IMO, I think he's stepped up big time in he last few games. Love the little drop the shoulder routine aswell. Controls the game for us....our Alonso.
Cesc........8.....creative machine.

Nasri.........6
Theo........6
RVP..............9...MOTM....all about the goals. Missed a sitter at 0-0 but the first 2 were excellent finishes.

outlaw_member

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Weak, mate, heh. But I'm so very glad that RvP is living up to your standards.

Aren't we all, and I always did say that I expect alot from our CF. That's what happens when you grow up watching Ian Wright and Thierry Henry. That's who van Persie, JET, Afobe and every other future Arsenal CF will be judged by. They aren't my standards, but rather the standards set by previous Arsenal players.:wink:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Chesney - 6 better distribution

Sagna - 6 Solid
Djourou - 7.5 In great form
Koscielny - 6 Quietly doing the job
Clichy - 6 In good form of late

Song - 7 Disciplined performance, I enjoyed him going forward later on
Wilshere - 6 Solid
Fabregas - 8 Getting back to his best. His vision is magnificent

Walcott - 6 Not the Theo we expect, but ok
RVP - 9 Superb, clinical and what we need in front of goal
Nasri - 6 Quiet by his standards

Subs:

N/A

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Think rating Theo at 6 is a bit harsh. He made one very poor error but set up RVP perfectly and also could have had two or three assists in the first half alone if Al Habsi hadnt been on top form.

Great overall performance. Only team now in Prem not to have concended in 2011 to date in the league (or so I'm told!)

Shue

Established Member
How are people giving Walcott 6's? He set up two fantastic chances in the first half that RvP and Cesc should both have buried and his assist for RvP's third showed great strength and team play holding up the ball.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Must say that RVP looks even better than last year , could have had 4-5 (penalty and post). Hopefully Walcott and Arshavin get their shooting boots back .

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Ches... 6 - Nothing much to do...

Sagna...6.5 - work hard but lack of awareness on RF movement
Kos - 6.5
Djourou - 6.5
Clichy - 7 - Today, we can see most of real Clichy looks alike.

Song - 7.5 Some mistake.But overall has been solid enough + killer passes to RVP..
Wilshere - 7 - Neat and tidy...
Cesc- 8.0 - Bossing the midfield...

Walcott - 7.0 - Need to improve his decision making.Other than that, good game...
RVP - 9.0 - MOTM.Outstanding performance....
Nasri - 7.0 - nearly everywhere in the field.

ricky1985

Established Member
celestis said:
Must say that RVP looks even better than last year , could have had 4-5 (penalty and post). Hopefully Walcott and Arshavin get their shooting boots back .
I agree. I can't remember the last time Robin looked this dynamic or dangerous. He's absolutely buzzing with confidence, too.

I think it's because he has so many great players around him, it's bringing the best out of him, he's getting good early passes and his brilliant movement is getting picked out, and he's also getting the chance to link with others who are completely tuned into the same wavelength.

Early last year he still had Arshavin, Bendtner, Diaby and Denilson surrounding him in most of his games. Nasri, Theo, Cesc and Jack is a different story.

Invincible

Established Member
Shezzers - 6
Kos - 6
Mango - 7
Clichy - 7
Sagna - 7
Song - 7
Cesc - 8
Jack - 7
Theo - 7
Nasri - 8
RvP - 9 MOTM

Shava - 5
Chamo - 6
Denilson - 5

Yaya

Established Member
szczesny-6
sagna-6.5
kos-6.5
djourou-6.5
clichy-6.5
song-6.5
wilshere-7
cesc-8
nasri-6
rvp-9
walcott-7

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Sczcesny 7

Sagna 7
Djourou 7
Koscielny 7
Clichy 7

Song 7.5
Wilshere 7
Cesc 9 Motm

Walcott 7.5
van Persie 9
Nasri 7

A bit strange not giving Motm to somebody who got a hat-trick but i thought Cesc had the biggest influence on how good we were today. Wigan just couldn't contain him.

qs

Established Member
Sczcesny 6/10

Sagna 7/10
Djourou 7/10
Koscielny 7/10
Clichy 7/10

Song 8/10
Wilshere 7/10
Cesc 8/10

Walcott 7/10
Nasri 7/10
van Persie 9/10

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Song had a decent performance. He broke up play, made some progressive passes, misplaced some others and constantly fell down. Managed to grab an important assist, and drove forward, but otherwise he was just a pawn for Fabregas and van Persie.

Pawn me hole. He dominated midfield. Quality performance.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom