• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal vs Wigan Match Ratings

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Sczcesny - 7 (not much to do, but caught a couple crosses, etc.. kicking still needs work, but that comes with practice)

Sagna - 7
Djourou 7
Koscielny 7
Clichy 7
(gave them all the same rating because they were generally solid, didnt have much to do)

Song - 8 (first half performance was very very good.. broke up everything, passed it around, was incredible. dropped a bit in the second, but didnt matter)

Wilshere - 7.5 (this kid's slowly building up his game, makes himself available all the time, runs his arse off when defending, and is cementing his place in the team)

Cesc - 8.5 (passed the ball, took the shots, won the penalty, was a very good performance)

Walcott - 7 (had room on the right, ran with the ball well, but a couple decisions were wrong, including his 1 v 1 with the keeper.. should have shot IMO. not his best game, but certainly not a bad game)

Nasri - 7 (as with Theo, not his best game, but not a bad game. did some nice things, took a couple shots, including one that was tipped just over)

van Persie - 9.5 (MOTM - great to see him getting back his timing. 3 goals, great runs, his goals were taken very well and he hit the post with another shot. only reason i took off .5 is for the badly missed penalty)

Subs - n/a.. didnt really matter

The Escaped Ape

Sczcesny 6/10 - would have been higher if he'd had anything to do

Sagna 7/10 - always pushing, consistent as always. Though I wish his excellent crosses would sometimes have someone at the other end of them...
Djourou 6/10 - bit like Sczcesney, not much to do, but did what needed to be done.
Koscielny 6/10 - as above
Clichy 7/10 - attacking play pushes him up to a 7. Weak in the air, as others have said

Song 7.5/10 - very solid game, dominating where he needed to. Still thinking that his technique doesn't quite match his ambition in terms of attacking play though.
Wilshere 8/10 - fluent, elusive and quietly efficient. Very glad he appears now to be a first team fixture.
Cesc 8.5/10 - causing all sorts of problems for Wigan, as seen by the number of times Thomas et al had to resort to fouling him. Only wish Wigan's one decent player hadn't denied him his deserved goals.

Walcott 7/10 - the speed is there and he's creating opportunities, but let down by finishing. I'm not 100% convinced that the decision to pass to Fabregas when he was in front of goal in the first half was the wrong decision (Al-Habsi had already shown he was strong with balls played straight at him), but the quality of the ball to Fabregas let him down.
Nasri 7/10 - slippery and impressive, but it's telling that we now expect goals from him or at least more clear cut chances.
Van Persie 8.5/10 - would have been a 9 but for the penalty.

Arshavin 3/10 - I know he didn't exactly have much time to make an impact, but almost every ball he played was misplaced and he didn't bring the fresh legs and energy you expect from a sub at that stage of the game, nor the creativity you'd want from the guy replacing Nasri. My one concern with Arshavin at the moment is that if he continues to play like this, we're not going to get much cash when we try and sell him. He needs to do a lot more to turn my opinion around.

Chamakh 6/10 - not a huge amount to show for his short time on the pitch, but was looking reasonably sound to me

Denilson 6/10 - performed better than I've come to expect recently, but nothing outstanding.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Sczcesny 6
Sagna 7
Djourou 7
Koscielny 7
Clichy 7
Song 8
Wilshere 6
Cesc 8
Walcott 7
Nasri 6
van Persie 9

Arshavin 4
Chamakh 5
Denilson 5

Wryer

Ches - 7 Did what he had to do. Other than one bad kick, was assured and error-free.

Sagna - 8 Beast. Now has the confidence to take a shot.

Djourou - 7 Not tested. But always aerially assured.

Koscielny - 7 Not tested. But always alert and quick to snuff out dangers. Good partnership with Djourou going there.

Clichy - 7.5 Improved over the past 2 months. None of those concentration lapses.

Wilshere - 8.5 Worked really hard to cover ground. Distributed really well.

Cesc - 8.5 Unlucky not to score. There was one move in the first half that came straight out of Fifa, PES. Swiveled and turned elegantly.

Song - 8 Good, strong performance. Seems to have understood his role. Very good support to our attack against weaker teams. Slipped during crucial moments, but i'll give it to him.

Walcott - 7.5 A little indecisive today. Good cutbacks nonetheless.

Nasri - 7 Not his best. But Cesc-RVP was so good that he didn't have to break out of his stride.

RVP - 9. Hat trick hero. Could see how much the hattrick meant to him when he missed the penalty.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom