• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatAFC

Whatever the result today, I'm tempted to lean towards Wenger staying for next season. First of all, my personal first choice Allegri is going to continue with Juventus. Then I'm not sure we are set up well for Wenger to depart now.

Not like we have a choice either way.
Whilst I do think wenger should move on, I'd agree with this, I would like Allegri and I'm not sure there are many others who could substantially move us forward and are available. Hopefully juve win the CL and it's enough for him to move on to something new.

The FBI

No deal for me.

He's been an incredible manager. A podcast referred to him last week as the most important man in our history; I'd never thought of it like that before, but he really is.

That said, there's no room for sinecures and the same failings persist year upon year. Ideally he would move upstairs in an overseeing DoF role, but I don't think he would relinquish enough control to make it workable.

I'd go for a young, bright manager and take a chance on him, like Chelsea did with the young Mourinho. I don't have a candidate in mind. Young, bright and ambitious. A winner.

So long as the money is there - and it is - we will always be in the upper echelons, so if we get a bad one, it won't be fatal.

Axel9090

What's the point of being a fair-weather fan? You have to suffer the disappointment in football to really appreciate the highs. I would go with a change now for Wenger's benefit as much as my own, but can't stop supporting the team (even if there are very few players I like).
I already know what will next season if Wenger stays, so I wont go through it again. Enough is enough. We've been mistreated for years by people at the club and Wenger continues to toy with the emotions of the fans. One minute he knows what he is doing, the next, he says he doesnt know yet. Everyone has a breaking point, this is mine.

WhatAFC

Come on Arsène, you can do better than this. heard a variation on this comment many times when people can't back up their arguments. back to the drawing board
The fact is that what he's said is true. Most football fans opinions are formed from an uneducated position. They're self taught or get their education from an amateur coach who have little or no qualifications themselves.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The fact is that what he's said is true. Most football fans opinions are formed from an uneducated position. They're self taught by watching YouTube compilations and ElClassico twice a year

Fixed

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The fact is that what he's said is true. Most football fans opinions are formed from an uneducated position. They're self taught or get their eduction from an amateur coach who have little or no qualifications themselves.

Or even worse, they get their opinions from the media and braindead pundits who just spout cliches nonstop.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Maybe Wenger and Allegri can time their exits so we can get Massimo.

Though I suspect the new money and drive in Italian football means both Conte and Allegri will most likely be managing Milan clubs in their next jobs.

BobP

Memri Fan
"Lack of respect towards me a disgrace"

He's absolutely right, shame on all you uppity naysayers who had the cheek to question the ability and achievements of this great man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom