• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
7m is an asbolute bargain. Is that said somewhere? For that price you can buy him, try him, and then break even or make profit selling him to a PL or Championship side if he doesnt work out.
Ah the cheap dross strategy, how's that working out for us?

Don't want a long shot merchant. Usually means better chances (higher xG than 25-30 meter shots) are lost. I'd rather find someone with a cutting pass than a good shot.

Not that I know Christie, but just going by @bingobob's description.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ah the cheap dross strategy, how's that working out for us?

Don't want a long shot merchant. Usually means better chances (higher xG than 25-30 meter shots) are lost. I'd rather find someone with a cutting pass than a good shot.

Not that I know Christie, but just going by @bingobob's description.
I said later that I wouldnt like it if it got in the way of marquee signings in that area.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think the marquee signing should be on the left or up front, there isn't any true world class number 10's, like your Bruno Fernandes' in the market. You also don't want to kill ESR.

Christie would be nice rotation for Smith Rowe whilst also being able to play in wide areas. I think Pepe is done here, so its necessary to sign either Buendia or Christie.

After that and if the stars align you then go for Grealish or Sabitzer.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I said later that I wouldnt like it if it got in the way of marquee signings in that area.
Even if he doesn't block marquee signings he'd still take a (non-HG) spot in the squad and drain funds (however little) that could've gone to a prospect with more upside.

I'm not against cheap signings, but it's secondary. First quality and profile should be taken into consideration. 7m probably also gets us Depay for instance, who would instantly be our best attacker.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Even if he doesn't block marquee signings he'd still take a (non-HG) spot in the squad and drain funds (however little) that could've gone to a prospect with more upside.

I'm not against cheap signings, but it's secondary. First quality and profile should be taken into consideration. 7m probably also gets us Depay for instance, who would instantly be our best attacker.
I agree with your general point but Depay would probably cost us 200k+ a week. Thats 40m in wages on a 4 year deal, not as simple as just talkng about the fee. But yeh I would be excited to sign him.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Agreed. If we dont buy convincing ready-made players who are on the edge to becoming worldclass, then go for Olise like talent, just as we did with Guendouzi.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Unless a marquee signing is Grealish then I'm not overly fussed. Most of our big name signings have been a let down. Get the right players in first and foremost. I'm not saying Christie is or isn't the right player but name and price shouldn't be a consideration when looking at the right player.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

7m is an asbolute bargain. Is that said somewhere? For that price you can buy him, try him, and then break even or make profit selling him to a PL or Championship side if he doesnt work out.
Its an estimate that I think will be realistic. Celtic were wanting 35m for Edouard but apparently open to 20 to 25m. Christie is in the same boat as Edouard. 18 months left on his contract and showing no signs of renewing. Factor in Covid and that Celtic need a rebuild next season the reduction in prices I assume would apply across the board. Normally I'd say 10 to 15m for Christie but these are not normal times for a Celtic or the market overall.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
So hard to take football seriously at the moment.

No fans in stadiums means I can only just about tolerate our games, and never other matches.

Us being where we are in the table makes things even more dreadful.

Then, our pathetic squad building and Jan Tran links just makes absolutely none of this for me, Clive.

Goonger

Its an estimate that I think will be realistic. Celtic were wanting 35m for Edouard but apparently open to 20 to 25m. Christie is in the same boat as Edouard. 18 months left on his contract and showing no signs of renewing. Factor in Covid and that Celtic need a rebuild next season the reduction in prices I assume would apply across the board. Normally I'd say 10 to 15m for Christie but these are not normal times for a Celtic or the market overall.

Going off subject a bit, how concerned are you with the goings on at Celtic just now Bingobob?

Obviously I'm a Rangers fan but I do try to call it as fair as possible. To me it seems you are ay a big crossroads, struggling on the pitch, supporter unrest off the pitch, big players heading into last 12 months soon Ajer, Ntcham, Christie, Edouard, players on loan like Duffy, Laxalt, Elyounoussi, guys like Brown & Griffiths coming to the end or struggling for fitness.

That's a lot of upheaval, & it seems Covid might have wiped out a lot of your financial advantage. You concerned going forward?

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Going off subject a bit, how concerned are you with the goings on at Celtic just now Bingobob?

Obviously I'm a Rangers fan but I do try to call it as fair as possible. To me it seems you are ay a big crossroads, struggling on the pitch, supporter unrest off the pitch, big players heading into last 12 months soon Ajer, Ntcham, Christie, Edouard, players on loan like Duffy, Laxalt, Elyounoussi, guys like Brown & Griffiths coming to the end or struggling for fitness.

That's a lot of upheaval, & it seems Covid might have wiped out a lot of your financial advantage. You concerned going forward?
Not overly concerned if I'm honest.

I think there will be a fair amount of money gained when some of those players leave. The biggest issue at Celtic is Peter Lawwell (the CEO oddly linked to us before Ivan came on board). He drove Rodgers out by not backing him. He pulled out of the McGinn deal over a few hundred thousand and stopped short of getting Castagne in when it looked all but done. Rodgers wanted out and he left and then they appointed Lennon, a guy who failed at Bolton and Hibs. His management style is backwards with very little coaching compared to the meticulous and forward thinking by Rodgers. Nearly every player has regressed at an alarming rate.

I think this season is a blip. There where signs last season it could have gone this way and it didn't. Gut Lawwell and Lennon, rumours Eddie Howe will be coming in, clear the squad and build around Soro and Turnbull.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why aren't we even linked to any LBs? And which decent LBs out there are actually available and could back up Tierney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom